African American and TV advertising

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
African American have been almost in every commercial and advertising that I came across since the death of George Floyd. From sporting and IT to the food industry, it seems like every company is trying hard to prove they support BLM. AA were always overrepresented in the TV advertising when you consider their small population but this is a new one. Like 80% of commercials in the US are depicting the AA community.

Apollo

VIP
African American have been almost in every commercial and advertising that I came across since the death of George Floyd. From sporting and IT to the food industry, it seems like every company is trying hard to prove they support BLM. AA were always overrepresented in the TV advertising when you consider their small population but this is a new one. Like 80% of commercials in the US are depicting the AA community.

Same thing in Europe, but with other minorities.

You see many advertisements with a POC guy + white woman, which triggers racists, 🤣.

Same thing in Europe, but with other minorities.

You see many advertisements with a POC guy + white woman, which triggers racists, 🤣.

Lately, I've been seeing more White Man + Non-White Woman [usually Black] in Advertisements involving couples, but the Blacks/Non-Whites are not triggered.

Apollo

VIP
Lately, I've been seeing White Man + Non-White Woman [usually Black] in Advertisements involving couples with their Mulatto children, but the Blacks are not triggered.

I haven't seen those much, they exist probably, but there is definitely more black/brown guy + white woman than the inverse in advertisements.

I think in South Africa they would be triggered of that situation (white man + african woman) perhaps, not the West. Depends on power dynamics.

Trending

Latest posts