Africa Intelligence: UAE military base: Hargeisa keeps trying to persuade neighbors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
UAE military base: Hargeisa keeps trying to persuade neighbors

President of the ruling Kulmiye party, Musa Bihi Abdi, has been unsparing in his efforts to win the approval of Somaliland’s neighbors for the construction of a United Arab Emirates military base at Berbera.

On Feb. 10 he first attempted to reassure Ethiopia’s prime minister, Hailemariam Desalegn, by saying the base would be leased exclusively to the Emiratis and that they wouldn’t be allowed to sub-lease all or part of it to Egyptians (ION 1445).

In mid-March, the Ethiopians, who are essentially Somaliland's development partner, finally gave their green light to construction of the base but on one condition: that the UAE agrees to close its base at Assab in Eritrea (ION 1432). On March 13, Abdi flew to Nairobi where he met with Western envoys but also with Somali's president, Abdullahi Mohamed Farmajor to ask for his blessings for the Emirati base in Berbera.

A few days later, Somaliland’s former foreign affairs minister, Mohamed Abdillahi Omar, turned up in Mogadishu to prepare for negotiations with Hargeisa. Elsewhere, the Somaliland government claims to have signed an agreement with the UAE on March 19 but our sources say that might have been premature as no Emirati government official signed the document.

https://www.africaintelligence.com/...ps-trying-to-persuade-neighbors,108227398-ART

Bohol

VIP
Begging Hailemariam Desalegn

"On Feb. 10 he first attempted to reassure Ethiopia’s prime minister, Hailemariam Desalegn, by saying the base would be leased
exclusively to the Emiratis and that they wouldn’t be allowed to sub-lease all or part of it to Egyptians"

:mjlol::pachah1:

Begging Farmaajo

On March 13, Abdi flew to Nairobi where he met with Western envoys but also with Somali's president, Abdullahi Mohamed
Farmajor
to ask for his blessings for the Emirati base in Berbera.

:russ::drakelaugh:

waraabe

Your superior
Desperate crew are trying to spin this I see. First it was "farmaajo won't allow it" and now after that didn't work it's "they begged Ethiopia and Somalia" lol :mjlol::russ:

I predicted this @TheUnderTaker kkkkkkkk

It's the same with everything, first is the denial then acceptance and then the spin kkkkkk

Last edited:

Bohol

VIP
Ethiopians are politically savvy, nothing happens in SL without pm desalegn approval:jcoleno:

Desalegn be like kiss the hand b!tches. :russ:

Godfather-Ring-Kiss.jpg

Last edited:
Desperate crew are trying to spin this I see. First it was "farmaajo won't allow it" and now after that didn't work it's "they begged Ethiopia and Somalia" lol :mjlol::russ:

It's the same with everything, first is the denial then acceptance and then the spin kkkkkk

The "Africa Intelligence" is a scam platform that charges people for fake news om Africa. It tries to act like it has credible insider info when all they get is tabloid hearsay news from some butt-hurt Wadani supporter sitting in a Hargeisa marfish. :icon lol:

Bohol

VIP
"On Feb. 10 he first attempted to reassure Ethiopia’s prime minister, Hailemariam Desalegn, by saying the base would be leased
exclusively to the Emiratis and that they wouldn’t be allowed to sub-lease all or part of it to Egyptians"

tenor.gif

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
The same muse bihi that once fought the tyrannical SNA is now putting himself in a subservient position towards Somalia.

I need to translate these qarxis quotes to somali and spread them to the circles I've established last year, HA unconditional support for Muse has to stop.

It looks like Somalis are gonna end up in a quagmire.

Begging Hailemariam Desalegn

:mjlol::pachah1:

Begging Farmaajo

On March 13, Abdi flew to Nairobi where he met with Western envoys but also with Somali's president, Abdullahi Mohamed
Farmajor
to ask for his blessings for the Emirati base in Berbera.

:russ::drakelaugh:

He even went after farmaajo in Saudi to meet him, also tried in Kenya.

what does this even have to do with the "desperate crew" africa intelligence is not owned by some anti somaliland somalis. focus on the content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending