Afraid of becoming pregnant in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, recently I thought about my future. And I was thinking of what will happen if I get married and have kids. Btw, I have type 1 diabetes and I am a female. So, I looked at the consequences of passing it down and oddly enough if I have kids before 25 I have a 1/ 25 chance of passing it down, but if I have kids after 25 it’s 1/100 chance. However, I had diabetes since I was 1yrs old. So, I think my chances double to 1/50 and my grandfather from dad side also had diabetes. So, maybe it’s even higher.

Anyways, not only did I think of that. But, I decided to research how my diabetes would affect pregnancy. And, I wasn’t ready for this one. Why in the world did I look this up? I’m not even thinking of getting married yet or having kids smh:bell:
It said I have a high chance of birth defects, an extra large baby, C-section, high blood pressure, early birth, baby could have low blood sugar after birth, or miscarriage/stillbirth.

I regret looking at it, since pregnancy already scares me but it scares me even more now. But, at least I know now what might happen.

At the end, they tried to make me feel better by saying you should plan 6 months ahead or take care of my blood sugars more and keep it at a target rangeView attachment 74543
And I thought about it and legit I never managed to reach these goals in my life. Are they expecting me to be perfect for 9 months. Pregnancy already seems difficult why make it more difficult.

I guess I have to look at other possibilities in life like not getting married and having kids. However, I once saw this old Somali lady struggling because she had no kids to look after her. And I don’t want that. So, what am I supposed to do?And are there other ladies who have type 1 diabetes with successful pregnancies? Did they actually follow this target range and how can you never have a little up and downs during the whole 9 months?

So, recently I thought about my future. And I was thinking of what will happen if I get married and have kids. Btw, I have type 1 diabetes and I am a female. So, I looked at the consequences of passing it down and oddly enough if I have kids before 25 I have a 1/ 25 chance of passing it down, but if I have kids after 25 it’s 1/100 chance. However, I had diabetes since I was 1yrs old. So, I think my chances double to 1/50 and my grandfather from dad side also had diabetes. So, maybe it’s even higher.

Anyways, not only did I think of that. But, I decided to research how my diabetes would affect pregnancy. And, I wasn’t ready for this one. Why in the world did I look this up? I’m not even thinking of getting married yet or having kids smh:bell:
It said I have a high chance of birth defects, an extra large baby, C-section, high blood pressure, early birth, baby could have low blood sugar after birth, or miscarriage/stillbirth.

I regret looking at it, since pregnancy already scares me but it scares me even more now. But, at least I know now what might happen.

At the end, they tried to make me feel better by saying you should plan 6 months ahead or take care of my blood sugars more and keep it at a target rangeView attachment 74543
And I thought about it and legit I never managed to reach these goals in my life. Are they expecting me to be perfect for 9 months. Pregnancy already seems difficult why make it more difficult.

I guess I have to look at other possibilities in life like not getting married and having kids. However, I once saw this old Somali lady struggling because she had no kids to look after her. And I don’t want that. So, what am I supposed to do?And are there other ladies who have type 1 diabetes with successful pregnancies? Did they actually follow this target range and how can you never have a little up and downs during the whole 9 months?
PREGNANCY WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Allah yashfeeki yaa ukhti ,amiin , very sad to hear. May you get through this. inshallah

You can and birth defects got nothing to do with diabetes but the situation of a woman's pregnacy aka body type plus the size of the baby

Not having kids is like a person being tried for a crime that they did not do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts