Affirming the attributes of Allah (His face, two hands, eyes, fingers, shin, and foot/feet)

His Face

"And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor" (55:27)

His Two Hands (both are right)

"(Allah) said: "O Iblis (Satan)! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with Both My Hands. Are you too proud (to fall prostrate to Adam) or are you one of the high exalted?"" (38:75)

It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As that:
The Prophet [SAW] said: "Those who are just and fair will be with Allah, Most High, on thrones of light, at the right hand of the Most Merciful, those who are just in their rulings and in their dealings with their families and those of whom they are in charge." Muhammad (one of the narrators) said in his Hadith: "And both of His hands are right hands." (Sunan an-Nasa'i 5379)

His Eyes

"So be patient with your Lord’s decree, for you are truly under Our ˹watchful˺ Eyes. And glorify the praises of your Lord when you rise" (52:48)

"sailing under Our ˹watchful˺ Eyes—a ˹fair˺ punishment on behalf of the one ˹they˺ denied." (54:14)

His Fingers

Abdullah b. Amr b. al-'As reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
"Verily, the hearts of all the sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He likes". Then Allahs Messenger (ﷺ) said: "0 Allah, the Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Thine obedience". (Muslim 2655)

His Shin

Narrated Abu Sa`id:
I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "Our Lord Allah will lay bare His Shin, and then all the Believers, men and women, will prostrate themselves before Him, but there will remain those who used to prostrate in the world for showing off and for gaining good reputation. Such people will try to prostrate (on the Day of Judgment) but their back swill be as stiff as if it is one bone (a single vertebra)". (Bukhari 4919)

His Foot/Feet

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The people will be thrown into the (Hell) Fire and it will say: "Are there any more (to come)?' (50.30) till Allah puts His Foot over it and it will say, 'Qati! Qati! (Enough Enough!)'". (Bukhari 4848)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Kursiy (foot stool) is the place of the two feet, and the size of Throne cannot be known.”

As Muslims, we say His attributes are none like ours as He is not comparable to anything. We know He smiles and laughs, but we do not say that he has a mouth or lips. We only affirm what He has revealed to us. Some Muslims they take these attributes as metaphors. They are the same people that say Allah is everywhere. Their religion is not Islam, but rather philosophy. Sadly I see even some learned people preaching that nonsense.

Yaraye

VIP
I try not to think of what allah looks like physically. For some reason my mind wanders into dangerous waters. Instead I focus on allah's other traits, told to us by Allah's 99 names

His Face

"And there will remain the Face of your Lord, Owner of Majesty and Honor" (55:27)

His Two Hands (both are right)

"(Allah) said: "O Iblis (Satan)! What prevents you from prostrating yourself to one whom I have created with Both My Hands. Are you too proud (to fall prostrate to Adam) or are you one of the high exalted?"" (38:75)

It was narrated from 'Abdullah bin 'Amr bin Al-'As that:
The Prophet [SAW] said: "Those who are just and fair will be with Allah, Most High, on thrones of light, at the right hand of the Most Merciful, those who are just in their rulings and in their dealings with their families and those of whom they are in charge." Muhammad (one of the narrators) said in his Hadith: "And both of His hands are right hands." (Sunan an-Nasa'i 5379)

His Eyes

"So be patient with your Lord’s decree, for you are truly under Our ˹watchful˺ Eyes. And glorify the praises of your Lord when you rise" (52:48)

"sailing under Our ˹watchful˺ Eyes—a ˹fair˺ punishment on behalf of the one ˹they˺ denied." (54:14)

His Fingers

Abdullah b. Amr b. al-'As reported that he heard Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
"Verily, the hearts of all the sons of Adam are between the two fingers out of the fingers of the Compassionate Lord as one heart. He turns that to any (direction) He likes". Then Allahs Messenger (ﷺ) said: "0 Allah, the Turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to Thine obedience". (Muslim 2655)

His Shin

Narrated Abu Sa`id:
I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "Our Lord Allah will lay bare His Shin, and then all the Believers, men and women, will prostrate themselves before Him, but there will remain those who used to prostrate in the world for showing off and for gaining good reputation. Such people will try to prostrate (on the Day of Judgment) but their back swill be as stiff as if it is one bone (a single vertebra)". (Bukhari 4919)

His Foot/Feet

Narrated Anas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The people will be thrown into the (Hell) Fire and it will say: "Are there any more (to come)?' (50.30) till Allah puts His Foot over it and it will say, 'Qati! Qati! (Enough Enough!)'". (Bukhari 4848)

Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allah be pleased with him) said: “The Kursiy (foot stool) is the place of the two feet, and the size of Throne cannot be known.”
i really don't get the fixation on taking most those ayas/hadiths literally. To me, they could just as easily be taken metaphorically.

@xiin-finiin. anyways, don't you see how your approach would end up resulting in chaos?

because if we can just say "it's a metaphor" whenever we want... this is going to end up meaning everyone can just interpret Islam however they want and Islam can be understood to mean whatever you want it to be..... Islam would end up just like the Christianity of today... and Christianity of today is very clearly a joke... I don't even need to post the lgbt pastors and whatever latest weirdness of theirs, I'm sure everyone is aware

the only right way and the only way that is in line with sound reason... is to stick with understanding Islam as it was understood by its earliest generations... will anyone have the audacity to dispute this??? if we follow Islam like this, what we have is authentic and traces back to an unbroken chain that leads directly back to the sahaaba.... but rejecting this just opens the door for all kinds of chaos and deviation

@xiin-finiin. anyways, don't you see how your approach would end up resulting in chaos?

because if we can just say "it's a metaphor" whenever we want... this is going to end up meaning everyone can just interpret Islam however they want and Islam can be understood to mean whatever you want it to be..... Islam would end up just like the Christianity of today... and Christianity of today is very clearly a joke... I don't even need to post the lgbt pastors and whatever latest weirdness of theirs, I'm sure everyone is aware
Not really. imo you can only interpret things as metaphors if you have a rigorous rational proof showing taking the thing literally leads to some sort of contradiction.

Not really. imo you can only interpret things as metaphors if you have a rigorous rational proof showing taking the thing literally leads to some sort of contradiction.

when it comes to tafsir, who understood better- you or the sahaaba? obviously the sahaaba. they learned directly from Prophet Muhammad ﷺ.

there's no need to overcomplicate things and try to make everything based around our own very weak reasoning. just understand things as the earliest generations understood them.

don't fall for the myth that this is unintelligent or unintellectual. Sheikh Ibn Taymiyyah was a big adherent of this kind of thinking and the man is unquestionably a great genius of history, much more intelligent than any of us on here or any of those sneering western psuedointellectuals

i really don't get the fixation on taking most those ayas/hadiths literally. To me, they could just as easily be taken metaphorically.
there is a saheeh hadith that the greast reward a believer will see is not just jannah firdaus but to see Allah’s face and he’ll take of his veil (that befits his majesty) and show the believers.

Is that a metaphor as well?