Affirmative Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
That's not what affirmative action is. There is no one stopping them to go to a college that is at their level. Princeton did a study where African Americans needed 200+ points in their SAT scores while Asian lost 60 points. How is this fair? Shouldn't students who have the same scores go to colleges they're applying to? Do you know that hurts the Black students that actually have the merits to go to MIT/Harvard etc, right?
Is it fair that many black people are born without a father? Is it fair many black kids are born in a ghetto? Is it fair their schools will be shitty?

Affirmative action exists to equalise the playing field for everyone. Unfortunately but this sometimes means drastic actions must be taken.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
Is it fair that many black people are born without a father? Is it fair many black kids are born in a ghetto? Is it fair their schools will be shitty?

Affirmative action exists to equalise the playing field for everyone. Unfortunately but this sometimes means drastic actions must be taken.
You're really sounding like Malcolm there.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah

You don't make sense, you're just another radical idiot. You didn't comprehend anything I said.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
You don't make sense, you're just another radical idiot. You didn't comprehend anything I said.
If one black man steals, you can blame him.

When tens of black men steals, you can still blame them.

When millions of black men steals, you wonder why is this happening.

Perhaps it's time for you to take a wider look at the society and think of ways to solve societal problems.

Yes, a bright black kid is same as a bright Asian kid but that's not the problem.

The problem is that there are fewer bright black kids. We need affirmative action so those less bright black kids will get opportunity to become even more bright and educate their their kids.

Do you realise that university admission requirements is just arbitrary measure designed to trim off the cream of crop. It is not based on their ability to learn or teaching quality or anything like that. Just a trim off the cream of the crop.

Picking less bright black kids over bright Asian kids doesn't change anything. If it's the other way around, black kids will go back to the ghetto life and that causes more crimes.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
If one black man steals, you can blame him.

When tens of black men steals, you can still blame them.

When millions of black men steals, you wonder why is this happening.

Perhaps it's time for you to take a wider look at the society and think of ways to solve societal problems.

Yes, a bright black kid is same as a bright Asian kid but that's not the problem.

The problem is that there are fewer bright black kids. We need affirmative action so those less bright black kids will get opportunity to become even more bright and educate their their kids.

Do you realise that university admission requirements is just arbitrary measure designed to trim off the cream of crop. It is not based on their ability to learn or teaching quality or anything like that. Just a trim off the cream of the crop.

Picking less bright black kids over bright Asian kids doesn't change anything. If it's the other way around, black kids will go back to the ghetto life and that causes more crimes.

Okay dude, you win dude. Let's end this, have good Sunday.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
Reminds me of the time a Middle Eastern or South Asian guy got into some prestigious university by writing "Black Lives Matter" a ton of times in response to why he should be allowed in that school
:tacky:

People really need to stop exploiting African-Americans/Black people for their own gain in terms of getting into schools, it's getting quite ridiculous at this point.

As for my thoughts for affirmative action, here's the way I view it. On one hand, I'd find it seriously condescending if I'm given a job or an enrollment in a school solely because of my race/ethnicity/religion, but on the other hand it would be insulting if I was denied for the same reasons. I would simply like to be given an opportunity based on the virtue of my character, not because I'm Somali, I have no control over that.
:drakewtf:

Last edited:

Odeg

Gedo
Correcting past injustice with new ones thats what I think about affirmative action. Things should be equal for everyone.

Last edited:

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Black is just a skin color
Say wallahi if you're a Muslim that your complexion is black?

Besides you're a Somali and the word black is an English word why would you allow others to label you? Are you not sovereign? The power is in you naming yourself so I just claim Somali again if I claim black that's denying my heritage my culture my language history land. Also last time I checked the word black in the English language has many negative connotations a wise man once told me words are like casting spells that's why when you spell a word out it's called spelling a little food for thought.

Say wallahi if you're a Muslim that your complexion is black?

Besides you're a Somali and the word black is an English word why would you allow others to label you? Are you not sovereign? The power is in you naming yourself so I just claim Somali again if I claim black that's denying my heritage my culture my language history land. Also last time I checked the word black in the English language has many negative connotations a wise man once told me words are like casting spells that's why when you spell a word out it's called spelling a little food for thought.

I'm automatically labeled black once I set foot in the western world, it does not matter what I think or feel, same way in Africa I will be labeled Somali.

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
I'm automatically labeled black once I set foot in the western world, it does not matter what I think or feel, same way in Africa I will be labeled Somali.
By all means you carry on being docile & fickle minded allowing others to label you but don't you dare try label Somalis in general as madow:ufdup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending