Affirmative Action?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally I'm tired of racist people using it as an excuse every time a minority gets into a Ivy league school. As a solution for ending affirmative action they should take out race and gender of the applications.

No matter what is done there will always be someone somewhere complaining. Humans are hard to please.
True people will always complain however i think its a better option to take race and gender out because affirmative action doesn't even help minorities, white women have benefited the most.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
IMO affirmative action is needed.

Poverty is a cycle. AA often don't have their father. Their families often look down to clever people.

Affirmative action is a good way to speed up the process of taking the minorities out of the poverty cycle.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
The average African American performs at the bottom 15% of White Americans. The average white retard is as smart as the typical Black American.
There are reasons such as cultural and material deprivation saxiib. Institutional racism is also a problem.

YoungFarah

VIP
I doubt AAs will ever score above 90 IQ on average as a population. That is their genetic top.
I don't fully believe in Eugenics and similar pseudo science. I agree that it's highly unlikely that their average IQ will ever reach beyond 90 unless there is a cultural shift on a scale never seen before. They need to fix their family, community and gain wealth and cultural capital to compete with the whites. However this isn't impossible just improbable.

Malcolm X

The price of freedom is death
I doubt AAs will ever score above 90 IQ on average as a population. That is their genetic top.
AAs have been discriminated so much it's difficult to believe that their IQ is low due to genetic reasons.

If you look at history, you will see there are times where AAs succeeded, including having their own version of Wall Street before the whites destroyed them.

Then you look at Sub-Saharan Africa, there are super diverse ethnic groups in Africa, yet all of them (with a few exceptions) have low IQ.

The only thing that is in common with all of them is poor education and low GDP.

Genetics is small reason why their IQ is low. Environment is a much bigger contributor.

Last edited:

YoungFarah

VIP
I'm not gonna argue with you about this, go & read about what it means to be black. :camby:
Black is something created by the west. We are black in "western" terms but we don't operate by western terms since we're Somalis. To White people we are black but in Africa we are Somali.

OmarLittle

Not your typical Farah
IMO affirmative action is needed.

Poverty is a cycle. AA often don't have their father. Their families often look down to clever people.

Affirmative action is a good way to speed up the process of taking the minorities out of the poverty cycle.

That's not what affirmative action is. There is no one stopping them to go to a college that is at their level. Princeton did a study where African Americans needed 200+ points in their SAT scores while Asian lost 60 points. How is this fair? Shouldn't students who have the same scores go to colleges they're applying to? Do you know that hurts the Black students that actually have the merits to go to MIT/Harvard etc, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts