Af-Somali in the Modern World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
The concept of the Survival of the fittest encompasses all sectors of life and language is no exception. Af Somali's decline in the west may at first seem unexplainable where in truth there is a simple explanation. Af Somali in its current form, is a nomadic language in modernised world. The failure of our elders to adapt and modernise,simplify Af-Somali and expand the vocabulary has led us to where we are now.
However there unique aspects to this that our list.

1) Ease of Speech
2) Ease of reading and writing.

Af Somali will never thrive in the west but there parts of the world. However pit Af-Somali with a language Chinese or Urdu, Af-Somali would be dominant. The only reason Chinese is the way it is due to heavy support from the govt. In China they use subtitles for Chinese shows to help learn the script. If a Chinese speaker spent time in Somalia, they would adopt Af Somali because it much more efficient.

Now when it comes to Af-Somali, leaving to local Somalis is huge blunder. The Somali they know is street Somali. Wallahi i remember asking some grammars rules and nobody could explain. I learnt the grammatical structure from Wikipedia(I never thought i would feel humiliated by Wikipedia :().

Eventually i developed my own script which dealt with the double vowel fiasco and ridiculous sound reading instead of learning how to read from spelling.I began translating from Somali to english and vice versa. Each day i would come back to see what i wrote and notice the errors and alhamdulliah, i can teach and write like a pro in Somali.

In'sha'Allah i plan to revive the language and surprising, my knowledge of english played a big part but all thanks are due Allah swt

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Good luck mate, AfSomali is difficult and i don't want to see this language extinct!

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
you should start by making a grammatical breakdown of somali for poeple that can't speak or write somali.

Thats an important point. Right now im working on a dictionary because the current Somali one is seriously bad. That along with Basic grammar,spelling and efficent writing system. I have a writing script which is a start which took me a year after a process of trial and error. The dictionary is so hard, its gonna take me months.

Thats an important point. Right now im working on a dictionary because the current Somali one is seriously bad. That along with Basic grammar,spelling and efficent writing system. I have a writing script which is a start which took me a year after a process of trial and error. The dictionary is so hard, its gonna take me months.
Damn, thats impressive. keep working walaalo:salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending