Af duub aya soo baati maalmahan

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
I kinda wrote it as how it's pronounced though.
Yeah, and that was my point. Far-Soomaali(written Somali) and Af-Soomaali(spoken Somali) are not the same thing. Far-Soomaali has its own grammar and rules.

The only regional differences in Somali grammar are the DH and R letters. Gabadh/Gabar, Gadh/Gar etc.

Lol, it's not exclusive to a Somali region, in fact most Somalis(me included) say kordhey, batey, tegey, ayey etc.
but you still have to write it down as:
Kordhay, batay, tagay, ayay etc.

Looks like you'll have to pick a naxwe book, here's a good start:
Check page 7:

Not to be a grammar nazi, I myself mostly stick to informal writing, but if you're gonna correct someone at least do it right.

Since @S._ included "ayaa" in the title. I'm gonna teach you guys when to use ayaa and baa in sentences.
Ayaa=When a word ends with a, e, o, or h
Af-duubka ayaa soo batay/kordhay or badanaya/kordhay

Baa= When a word ends with a consonant, or an i or y.
Afdubkii baa soo batay/kordhay or badanaya/kordhaya

There's a "waa" too, but it's too complicated to explain it.
Waa, baa and ayaa are together called "diiradeeyayaal"

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
There's also a huge street kid problem in Mogadishu and Hargeisa, but they're all boys.
Their sisters are nowhere to be seen because they've been immediately taken into human trafficking. That's my theory anyway. I wish journalists would interview these boys about their sisters, so we could get some concrete information.

@Crow if you look at most street children you will notice they are Bantu. Their parents need to be located or they need to be placed in orphanages. Only the most impoverished and backwards countries have street children.

Even the IDP issue is caused by displaced Bantus. Somalia needs to address this issue.

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
@Crow if you look at most street children you will notice they are Bantu. Their parents need to be located or they need to be placed in orphanages. Only the most impoverished and backwards countries have street children.

Even the IDP issue is caused by displaced Bantus. Somalia needs to address this issue.
I am honored you carried the old PFP for so long, but the new one is even better. Viva PSF. :sass1:

There's also a huge street kid problem in Mogadishu and Hargeisa, but they're all boys.
Their sisters are nowhere to be seen because they've been immediately taken into human trafficking. That's my theory anyway. I wish journalists would interview these boys about their sisters, so we could get some concrete information.

Do you think they are being trafficked with our borders or in neighboring countries?

That Vice article is so piss-taking. Was that the most pressing issue he saw in Somaliland that he had to make an article on it? Why should Somalilanders care about Oromo street children, who have been discarded by their own parents? We have own issues (lack of jobs, child marriage, poor education system, low literacy rates, domestic abuse, KHAT, etc) that are far more important that we need our incompetent government to deal with.