Addis Ababa is very advanced

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.

Nice buildings, a mueseum and actual roads and they are bulldozing the buildings that arent up to code... Its not perfect buts its much better then what we have. Why cant we be like this? and how can some of you guys here support tuulo battles when ethiopia looks like this? Depressing honestly.

Also what are ethnic make up of the people in addis and do somalis live there? I hear about somalis creating businesses all over africa but Ive never heard about some in ethiopia, are they just quiet or unsuccessful.

Nice buildings, a mueseum and actual roads and they are bulldozing the buildings that arent up to code... Its not perfect buts its much better then what we have. Why cant we be like this? and how can some of you guys here support tuulo battles when ethiopia looks like this? Depressing honestly.

Also what are ethnic make up of the people in addis and do somalis live there? I hear about somalis creating businesses all over africa but Ive never heard about some in ethiopia, are they just quiet or unsuccessful.
Somalis live in bole area near the airport I've visited Ethiopia back in 2010 it wasn't like this a lot has Changed in Ethiopia By the time I was visiting There were many Chinese Companies who moved there for construction projects like Roads, Cobblestones and Industries.

Kisame

Plotting world domination

"how can some of you guys here support tuulo battles when ethiopia looks like this? Depressing honestly."

Bro the fact we still have clan wars in 2024 is insane.

I got pissed after seeing some vlogs in Ethiopia :francis:

Our neighbors have truly left us behind.

Ethiopia is literally bankrupt and defaulting on all their debt because they sold out to Chinese and foreign bank loaners to build up Addis Ababa to look like a decent city so everyone could forget that Ethiopia has civil wars and half the country is living in poverty and famine.

it's all a facade.

sure Xamar isn't one of the best looking cities in Africa but unlike Egypt and Ethiopia, we didn't sell out for loans we can't actually afford to build pretty cities instead of spending it on critical issues

Ethiopia is literally bankrupt and defaulting on all their debt because they sold out to Chinese and foreign bank loaners to build up Addis Ababa to look like a decent city so everyone could forget that Ethiopia has civil wars and half the country is living in poverty and famine.

it's all a facade.

sure Xamar isn't one of the best looking cities in Africa but unlike Egypt and Ethiopia, we didn't sell out for loans we can't actually afford to build pretty cities instead of spending it on critical issues
True most people don't know that the Chinese are the reason why Ethiopia has transformed but with massive debt trap which they can't pay back
FB_IMG_1716687721170.jpg

it's all a facade.

True Ethiopia fell for the Chinese debt trap

How can y'all be impressed if they are in 63 billion dollars worth of debit. Im surprise they haven't starting eating each other yet besides the civil wars that going on

ofc they will lol. There population is 130 million. 130 million and no roads would just mean your finished in this life and the next

Periplus

Minister of Propaganda
VIP
Ethiopia right now reminds me of Somalia under Barre. There’s a glistening capital city that attracts tourists and what seems to be a booming economy.

But the reality is that outside the capital, everyone is poor and hates each other and most importantly, the government.

It’s a boiling pot that’s going to spill over at one point.

As a neighbour, I don’t want to see Ethiopia collapse as it will not bring despair to over 100 million people but it will destroy us also. We can’t handle that many refugees and the instability a conflict would cause.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Ethiopia right now reminds me of Somalia under Barre. There’s a glistening capital city that attracts tourists and what seems to be a booming economy.

But the reality is that outside the capital, everyone is poor and hates each other and most importantly, the government.

It’s a boiling pot that’s going to spill over at one point.

As a neighbour, I don’t want to see Ethiopia collapse as it will not bring despair to over 100 million people but it will destroy us also. We can’t handle that many refugees and the instability a conflict would cause.
That is a new way too look at it

CABDULWALI XASAN.

it's all a facade.

I know but Somalia does not engage in any city planning what so ever Thats strange and something we need to work on you know. As well as public buildings like museums and parks

it’s the only city in the region thats clean 95 percent of the rest of the country is a dump
ill check it out

There's massive effort to further modernise Addis. They're tearing down many homes and slums in the city to pave way for further development. You cannot describe how jealous I am

it's all a facade.

We don't have much debt because no one in their right mind would lend to a state as failed as Somalia. We were fighting each other for decades and to this day still have no formal monetary sector. We are barely plugged into the international financial system, what makes you think people are buying Somali bonds??

If we had even a semblence of a financial system, we would be wracked with debt and have our begging bowls out for China and the IMF. Do you really think Somali politicians are capable of fiscal discipline? LOL.

Trending