abtirsi.com redesign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really gave the design of abtirsi.com enough thought I just threw it together around the database, but I'd like to make it mobile friendly and fix the search functionality, maybe even add proper search.

Any thoughts? Features you guys think would be cool?

In the Oromo clan system, Hawiye is placed there in the Oromo clan hierarchy. Hawiye also has a Arab name under the Arab fathers hypothesis. My own belief is Hawiye is a stand alone tribe originally and the Samaale and Irir parts beyond Hawiye are mythical, along with whatever other hypotheses.

Adding Y-DNA is an interesting idea, though that could introduce a whole new realm of arguments if two subclans have different haplogroups and people want one to be the "main" one

@James Dahl
I have to say, your website is quite informative. However, I think you could benefit from a sleeker look. Maybe use a darker background?

I have a question, how do you get your qabil information? I was really surprised to see one of my more recent grandfathers on there z3zrULC

The Somali population a few hundred years ago was something like less than a million Somalis total, worldwide. Your grandpa probably has a few hundred descendants at this point.

Apollo

VIP
Adding Y-DNA is an interesting idea, though that could introduce a whole new realm of arguments if two subclans have different haplogroups and people want one to be the "main" one

Usually if a clan has two different Y-DNA, you should ask for the sub-clans and add that as a caveat. Usually the sub-clans have the same lineage always.

Guts

Bosaso iyo Bandar Siyada
VIP
I never really gave the design of abtirsi.com enough thought I just threw it together around the database, but I'd like to make it mobile friendly and fix the search functionality, maybe even add proper search.

Any thoughts? Features you guys think would be cool?
Can you add Wabeeneeye abtirsi? I wanna see what it looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts