Abdirastole come in

@AbdiRastoole

I have been thinking about moving to South Africa for work related purposed but I am still undecided. How is the life there? What kind of Somali community exists? Is it easier to rent in a nice white neighbourhood? I can't stand seeing madows but it won't matter since I will mostly be driving.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Yeah, one of my aunts went to a ugandan university and Ugandans are so racist. They're constantly fighting with somalis. Luckily there's a sizeable group of somalis and they all rent dorms near each other so they stick out for each other. But if you're going to uganda by yourself then you're asking for hell.

Yeah, one of my aunts went to a ugandan university and Ugandans are so racist. They're constantly fighting with somalis. Luckily there's a sizeable group of somalis and they all rent dorms near each other so they stick out for each other. But if you're going to uganda by yourself then you're asking for hell.
Sorry that your aunts went through that. Yikes the more you know.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
@AbdiRastoole

I have been thinking about moving to South Africa for work related purposed but I am still undecided. How is the life there? What kind of Somali community exists? Is it easier to rent in a nice white neighbourhood? I can't stand seeing madows but it won't matter since I will mostly be driving.

Sxb , first and foremost waan idiin salaamay and greetings be upon the geeljire empire ,
@Parailia somalensis ,

Life here can be hard and easier it depends which part of the country you are in,
In Johannesburg you have to worry about your surroundings often I mean the safest part of the city and heavily secured are the downtown area ,Sandton once you step out from there you experience the real South Africa and Somalis live outside these areas
In areas densely packed with migrants it's safer in the day , riskier in the night , Somalis are risk takers and operate stores as late as 1AM , the rands are hella serious,
In Durban , it's the worst place for Somalis to live in you can't breathe in peace , walk in peace or sleep in peace especially when the entire cesspit are dominated by vicious Koolies who have resentment towards us, it makes Joburg a walk in a theme park lol
In port Elizabeth , the city are full of angry jobless crack addicting murderers but the opportunities are there sxb weliba a lifelong opportunities laakin dilka soomalida ku badan, Somalis are filthy rich there

In Soweto , is popular destination for beginners quick money is there and the highest Somali related deaths happen over there it makes Port Elizabeth a Paradise on earth wlahi, a different environment with different breed of angry looters ,no electricity at night we used candles back in the days and is a contrast than the rest of the country
There are segregated wealthy black parts
this place is densely packed like Dadaab there are no other shops but other than Spaza and Somali shops
There are two dominating ethnics in Soweto and you get their protection
Setho are langaab but friendlier to somalis
Zulus are majority and hate Somalis and take orders from Koolies
In Cape Town and the entire Western Cape we Somalis have flourished well and established several department stores within the municipality and in the townships despite the region having the highest murders rates nationwide, we are relatively safe ,the risk of getting murdered here are miniscule compared with other cities but you have to stay vigilant and aware at night because life is like playing russian roulette but that's if you're involved in illicit business then you'll attract all the gangs, mobsters and mongrels and unnecessary shit ,
The cons Somalis do get killed here at the wrong place and wrong time and not based on xenophobia , waa meesha uga fiicaan wadankaan
The Pros, nice beach nice weather, good business opportunities and the wall Street of the nation this place looks like a first world country

History of somalis
In the recent years, Somalis have been coming here from the mainland continent, wether it was from Kampala, Nairobi , Ethiopia and Somaliweyn, the numbers are gradually increasing , which is crucial for the development SASA (Somali Association of South Africa),
Somalis from overseas especially the UK, Canada and EU countries have successfully established enterprises thanks to SASA , paving the way for open markets and various byproducts that were limited and unavailable were introduced by these business oriented community,
Somalis are 41,000 nationwide but they are more than these numbers however , majority live in Mayfair District, Hillboro District and outskirts of Randburg which is all part of the municipality of Johannesburg large numbers also live in townships within Gauteng such as Soweto,
There are close knit communities in Cape town especially in Belleville sometimes known as Somtown , Port Elizabeth , East London, Pietermaritzburg, Kimberly and Bloemfontein and many may risk to open businesses in the middle of nowhere and several townships along the Western Cape.
A brief history,
Somali migration date back since the British colonial times, they took sailors from the port of Berbera and had worked for the HMS ships that later docked in Port Elizabeth, Durban and East London , their descendants are still present and reconnected with the current Somalis, the large waves of migration began when Apartheid fell and this is when opportunities flourished although there were many prices to pay for but it hadn't discouraged people from leaving at all

since 2001 and I estimate there have been more than 9000 overseas Somalis living and working in South Africa , the expanding growth brought fortunous wealth we are competing with Eastleigh and Kampala ,

Rent are usually not nice fixed priced but accommodative in bigger cities especially outside the CBD prices can range from 6000 to 11,000 (355$ to 600$) , you get decent house
But you can get cheaper prices in flats most Somalis live in these types of buildings for economic reasons but it's a dense flat
3000-4000(177$ to $247)
Townships are the cheapest but the risk are very high
500-1000(29$ to 59$)

Driving here is not complicated but incase of unwanted encounters, you have to go full speed like fast and furious , JK
for your own safety avoid driving in congested highways and roundabouts hijackers are sharks
I have been driving motorcycle for 5 year and never been hijacked ,
@Guled111 even knows that if you show fear then that fear will tremble you apart you have be a risk taker to survive
The more dangerous it is , the more money you make , when you get rich you can live in rich areas like some Geeljires but mostly return back to invest somalia

Life here are parallel to one and other totally different.

Last edited:
Sxb , first and foremost waan idiin salaamay and greetings be upon the geeljire empire ,
@Parailia somalensis ,

Life here can be hard and easier it depends which part of the country you are in,
In Johannesburg you have to worry about your surroundings often I mean the safest part of the city and heavily secured are the downtown area ,Sandton once you step out from there you experience the real South Africa and Somalis live outside these areas
In areas densely packed with migrants it's safer in the day , riskier in the night , Somalis are risk takers and operate stores as late as 1AM , the rands are hella serious,
In Durban , it's the worst place for Somalis to live in you can't breathe in peace , walk in peace or sleep in peace especially when the entire cesspit are dominated by vicious Koolies who have resentment towards us, it makes Joburg a walk in a theme park lol
In port Elizabeth , the city are full of angry jobless crack addicting murderers but the opportunities are there sxb weliba a lifelong opportunities laakin dilka soomalida ku badan, Somalis are filthy rich there

In Soweto , is popular destination for beginners quick money is there and the highest Somali related deaths happen over there it makes Port Elizabeth a Paradise on earth wlahi, a different environment with different breed of angry looters ,no electricity at night we used candles back in the days and is a contrast than the rest of the country
There are segregated wealthy black parts
this place is densely packed like Dadaab there are no other shops but other than Spaza and Somali shops
There are two dominating ethnics in Soweto and you get their protection
Setho are langaab but friendlier to somalis
Zulus are majority and hate Somalis and take orders from Koolies
In Cape Town and the entire Western Cape we Somalis have flourished well and established several department stores within the municipality and in the townships despite the region having the highest murders rates nationwide, we are relatively safe ,the risk of getting murdered here are miniscule compared with other cities but you have to stay vigilant and aware at night because life is like playing russian roulette but that's if you're involved in illicit business then you'll attract all the gangs, mobsters and mongrels and unnecessary shit ,
The cons Somalis do get killed here at the wrong place and wrong time and not based on xenophobia , waa meesha uga fiicaan wadankaan
The Pros, nice beach nice weather, good business opportunities and the wall Street of the nation this place looks like a first world country

History of somalis
In the recent years, Somalis have been coming here from the mainland continent, wether it was from Kampala, Nairobi , Ethiopia and Somaliweyn, the numbers are gradually increasing , which is crucial for the development SASA (Somali Association of South Africa),
Somalis from overseas especially the UK, Canada and EU countries have successfully established enterprises thanks to SASA , paving the way for open markets and various byproducts that were limited and unavailable were introduced by these business oriented community,
Somalis are 41,000 nationwide but they are more than these numbers however , majority live in Mayfair District, Hillboro District and outskirts of Randburg which is all part of the municipality of Johannesburg large numbers also live in townships within Gauteng such as Soweto,
There are close knit communities in Cape town especially in Belleville sometimes known as Somtown , Port Elizabeth , East London, Pietermaritzburg, Kimberly and Bloemfontein and many may risk to open businesses in the middle of nowhere and several townships along the Western Cape.
A brief history,
Somali migration date back since the British colonial times, they took sailors from the port of Berbera and had worked for the HMS ships that later docked in Port Elizabeth, Durban and East London , their descendants are still present and reconnected with the current Somalis, the large waves of migration began when Apartheid fell and this is when opportunities flourished although there were many prices to pay for but it hadn't discouraged people from leaving at all

since 2001 and I estimate there have been more than 9000 overseas Somalis living and working in South Africa , the expanding growth brought fortunous wealth we are competing with Eastleigh and Kampala ,

Rent are usually not nice fixed priced but accommodative in bigger cities especially outside the CBD prices can range from 6000 to 11,000 (355$ to 600$) , you get decent house
But you can get cheaper prices in flats most Somalis live in these types of buildings for economic reasons but it's a dense flat
3000-4000(177$ to $247)
Townships are the cheapest but the risk are very high
500-1000(29$ to 59$)

Driving here is not complicated but incase of unwanted encounters, you have to go full speed like fast and furious , JK
for your own safety avoid driving in congested highways and roundabouts hijackers are sharks
I have been driving motorcycle for 5 year and never been hijacked ,
@Guled111 even knows that if you show fear then that fear will tremble you apart you have be a risk taker to survive
The more dangerous it is , the more money you make , when you get rich you can live in rich areas like some Geeljires but mostly return back to invest somalia

Life here are parallel to one and other totally different.
I’m split between Nairobi and South Africa. Thanks for detailed information.

will the madows kneel down for since I have a western passport?

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP

They probably would once you flash your shiny Western passport :ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa::ftw9nwa:, you'd be giving them commands like you do on siri no cap ina adeer and this is common throughout Africa once crossing borders it dissolves quickly,
since they're fond of Westerners , the privalleges are very high , most would adhere to be disposal at your services, remember this cadaans have turned these folks from warriors to servitude , but the reality is many are fucked in the head and arent able to distinguish you from the rest of Somalis , you may even be prone target but that's in townships and you set a foot in there their machetes don't discriminate who's who , however the chances of prosperity are high sxb in metropolitan areas and mildly developed parts of the country even the cops here would do their desk jobs properly once you throw them a bone like pet owner
i guess this is common throughout the continent

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP

Nairobi is different from here, it's good affordable living and you can enjoy life and be living like a Patron but word is they're not perfect either, they see Somalis as cash cows thus they cling on to them , my advice is you save and conserve as much money as you can , those kenyaatis know how to empty your pockets dry
Weliba askarta they even have roadblocks dedicated to Somalis

South Africa is a gamble pit where the odds are at stake but atleast authorities and law enforcement are not there to intimidate they are the least of your problems it's certain areas where people inhabit that are stupidly obsessed with immigrants but if you keep your head up as I've mentioned earlier then everything is gucci :icon e biggrin:

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Nairobi is different from here, it's good affordable living and you can enjoy life and be living like a Patron but word is they're not perfect either, they see Somalis as cash cows thus they cling on to them , my advice is you save and conserve as much money as you can , those kenyaatis know how to empty your pockets dry
Weliba askarta they even have roadblocks dedicated to Somalis

South Africa is a gamble pit where the odds are at stake but atleast authorities and law enforcement are not there to intimidate they are the least of your problems it's certain areas where people inhabit that are stupidly obsessed with immigrants but if you keep your head up as I've mentioned earlier then everything is gucci :icon e biggrin:

Do Somalis in SA get citizenship or permanent residency ?

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Do Somalis in SA get citizenship or permanent residency ?
After you sought asylum at the border, the authorities decide wether you are eligible to apply for residency, sometimes they may reject to stay in the country but cases are miniscule since deportation of failed asylum seekers to Somalia are nearly non existent, hence many end up having non status, which is more dangerous (these are mostly transit people traveling enroute to a long journey to South America)
it usually takes few years to be on the registration list for temporary /permanent residency status , most somalis have easily attained citizenships through marriages , normally the citizenship process takes painstakingly longer from 10 to 20 years proof of residency,

I have attained citizenship after 12 years of residency, the big difference is I can travel freely around the continent and borders dissolve easily ,internationally travel is possible but to attain VISA can be an obstacle but some countries are VISA free

so I don't even think about tahriib to overseas anymore

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Somalis are expanding their merchandise regionally Namibia and Botswana , been both to Gaborone and Windhoek last year very nice open minded people , less xenophobic and more business opportunities there,
Despite being a sparsely area and very far distance travel it was worth the money establishing a commerce

Trending