AbdiJohnson Investigates: Failed asylum seeker group lobby officials to stay in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
The group is called "Gala Canada". It is a group that mainly consists of hundreds of Somalis who were failed asylum seekers that tried to stay in Europe (recent tahriibs). They have their own website: www.galacanada.org.

I understand there are also smaller Gala chapters in Minnesota and Ohio as well that just started. But the main group is Gala Canada.

The group was created by a Somali guy who had his asylum case thrown out in Italy and the Netherlands. His name is Abdifatah Mire and here is his Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004386393171&tsid=0.2694056714305997&source=typeahead

Gala Canada members (who have entered Canada on tourist visas) are largely living in Toronto now and they are lobbying the Canadian government in letting them stay. They have not yet lobbied U.S. officials but that is their plan.

Here are videos of their xaflad:

The link below is of a meeting Gala Canada had with the Somalia ambassador to U.S/North America discussing the idea of the stoppage of the deportations of tahriibs. They have lobbied him to make it Somalia govt policy to not accept any Somali being deported from Canada, the U.S. and Europe.

http://xoronimo.com/index.php/2016/...day-iyo-hogaamiyasha-dhalinyarta-gala-canada/

One notable and unusual recruit of Gala Canada is singer Awaale who had his own asylum application denied years ago by the then Conservative government. However I am hearing that reportedly he is having his case reopened and that he will not be deported until another final decision is made.

So far, Gala Canada has been reportedly lobbying very high officials from the Trudeau Liberals, such as members of his cabinet like the office of Immigration Minister John McCallum. He agreed to help them.

What's worse is that Gala Canada have introduced Khat to the younger generation and khat usage is closely increasing. They also don't work and those that do work do cash jobs and get welfare as well.

Gambar

VIP
Where are these tahriib from, Djibouti? If their asylum cases were denied they are better off marrying citizens or getting sponsored by family. Being limbo like that is taxing. I feel bad for them.

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
The hypocrisy of the US or Canada sending people back to a war zone is palpable. How can two countries built by refugees and economic migrants; send back people who ran away from the same things as their forefathers? I understand why the Europeans are not willing to accept more black refugees, but the US and Canada have no excuse, disgusting!

:pacspit:

Admin

Community Manager
Staff Member
Administrator
People don't get automatically deported, it's a process. They can appeal the decision too.
Correct me if I am wrong I thought they already had final decision made but they lobbied to get it reopened.

Gambar

VIP
Correct me if I am wrong I thought they already had final decision made but they lobbied to get it reopened.
Just means they were given an opportunity to appeal which is a waste of time as most immigration judges and the government in general tend to uphold and respect decisions previously made. Like I said, they might as well marry a citizen. That's the fad these days, many girls go back and marry these men and they get sharci win win.

The hypocrisy of the US or Canada sending people back to a war zone is palpable. How can two countries built by refugees and economic migrants; send back people who ran away from the same things as their forefathers? I understand why the Europeans are not willing to accept more black refugees, but the US and Canada have no excuse, disgusting!

:pacspit:

Somalia is safe.

A car bomb in a street next to some hotel in Mogadishu once a month doesn't make it a warzone. It's possible to live in Somalia and never see a gun pop off. Xamar is a big city.

Besides I'm sure reer Kenya outnumber the reer konfur in this Gala Canada group.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
I've heard about them. Awale is affiliated with this group because of his immigration issues. According to my sources, they frequent the same shisha lounge (godka) where Awale performs every so often.

Somalia would be better off it wasn't so easy for the middle class to escape. People have got to address their problems rather than running for the exit.

(I say this without hypocrisy because I had no say in my arrival in the West).

Somalia would be better off it wasn't so easy for the middle class to escape. People have got to address their problems rather than running for the exit.

(I say this without hypocrisy because I had no say in my arrival in the West).

But you have the say to go back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts