Abdi iley gets charged for only August 4th incident

Read this Thread

I’m not shocked but the Ethiopian government makes me so angry for this. Highly predictable that they only charge him when habesha’s are killed.

I think everybody implicitly understands, but does not say, that Somalis can only be ruled effectively through violence--at least in this stage of cultural developlement. Habeshas tend to listen to and heed authority without coercion, especially Amharas, it's part of their culture and history while this is not true for Somalis. I think Ilay's crimes need to be interpreted in the context in which they happened---an unruly, nomadic population with aspirations of forcefully breaking away and who regularly refused government edicts such as taxation, religious difference toleration, and clan peace. So they needed to be smashed up to get them to comply, and that's what Ilay did. People started paying taxes under him and accepted the political reality of remaining with Ethiopia. I would pardon him and let this man rest in peace, in exile.

I think everybody implicitly understands, but does not say, that Somalis can only be ruled effectively through violence--at least in this stage of cultural developlement. Habeshas tend to listen to and heed authority without coercion, especially Amharas, it's part of their culture and history while this is not true for Somalis. I think Ilay's crimes need to be interpreted in the context in which they happened---an unruly, nomadic population with aspirations of forcefully breaking away and who regularly refused government edicts such as taxation, religious difference toleration, and clan peace. So they needed to be smashed up to get them to comply, and that's what Ilay did. People started paying taxes under him and accepted the political reality of remaining with Ethiopia. I would pardon him and let this man rest in peace, in exile.

I think your the only one who thinks that. Plus, Somalis don’t sit still and take abuse.

The girl who made the thread ends it in a very naive tone. Does she really think the Ethio gov cares or should take priority on Somalis at any moment? C'mon. Ogaden Somalis are the last of their concern, they just want their land.

The girl who made the thread ends it in a very naive tone. Does she really think the Ethio gov cares or should take priority on Somalis at any moment? C'mon. Ogaden Somalis are the last of their concern, they just want their land.
Nope, I didn’t really think that. That’s why I said I’m not shocked. I’m also the type who hates the Ethiopian government and wants to get independence

Nope, I didn’t really think that. That’s why I said I’m not shocked. I’m also the type who hates the Ethiopian government and wants to get independence
Oh ayt. But the question is, will Ogadenis be better off joined with Somalia? Would u agree to have Ethio rule the Ogaden but with a just leader and more opportunities and attention in Ogaden? ngl I highly doubt the Somali doubt the Somali gov could take care or rule Ogadenis if they did join back. I don't like seeing Ogadenis butchered but we should think of the long term, Somalia as it is now doesn't provide Ogadenis with enough opportunities to prosper.

You asked a hypothetical question that isn’t in line with history and current reality. The Ethiopian government would never care for the people of that region because they benefit from exploiting that region and as you said before they don’t care about us. At this point time, I don’t believe they would ever be just so no. Plus, if you don’t believe joining Somalia would be better. Then, they have the option of being an independent country with just rulers.

You asked a hypothetical question that isn’t in line with history and current reality. The Ethiopian government would never care for the people of that region because they benefit from exploiting that region and as you said before they don’t care about us. At this point time, I don’t believe they would ever be just so no. Plus, if you don’t believe joining Somalia would be better. Then, they have the option of being an independent country with just rulers.
Yh fair enough. It's probably better to join back with Somalia, unless Ethio takes a whole u turn and rules them justly (unlikely). Ogaden being an independent country is weird....they technically could do that though, who knows.

btw I believe there's will be a referndum in Ogaden in mid 2020. It will decide wether Ogaden stays with Ethio or become independent. Heads up.

Trending