A Somali Artist's Depiction of Diaspora Somali Politicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A89CED7C-CE3B-4070-B254-3C927A8CCFB3_w1023_r1_s.jpg

This painting is called the 'Empty Suit' and represents diaspora Somali politicians. Can you spot the British passport on the bench below his hand? The artist is called Adan Farah (Afeey) who never left Somalia and is a member of a group of Somali artists called guerrilla artists. They painted paintings and murals of warlords, atrocities of alshabaab and other crooked politicians and hung in buildings in Mogadishu.

amazing i love that he's born and bred in somalia, true talent always shows. somalis back home have so much potential they just need the right equipment, it could be painting brushes or teachers, doesn't matter

Beautiful:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
There are many inborn ability and natural aptitudes are often hidden and needs recognition.

I think the white painted flag means the unresponsiblity of these so-called presidents/politicians
Its also represents peace.

Beautiful:qri8gs7::qri8gs7:
There are many inborn ability and natural aptitudes are often hidden and needs recognition.

I think the white painted flag means the unresponsiblity of these so-called presidents/politicians
Its also represents peace.

@Magool

The painting is about the Somalis returning to Somalia to become politicians and Mr Farah painted them in a very negative light as corrupt, therefore, I thought the white flag signified how they diluted it's significance.

His greed for title(money) made him even forget the country's national flag color...iimaanka Allaha ka qaadee

@Beri hore

Thanks Sxb, that's how I interpreted.

Status
Not open for further replies.