A question for the sheikhs

A man lives with his family in a remote village somewhere in the vast Chinese mountain ranges.He is a kind and caring person to his family and neighbours to a point he is loved by the entire village for his virtues .The man has a little information about Islam .In other words he only hear about muslims in Chinese historical accounts and more often on TV news .He basically considers Muslim and Islam as a parallel set of belief and civilization to his own Chinese belief and culture .The man finally dies while loved by his friends and family my Question is ,according to the mainstream sunni Islam ,is the nice Chinese dude a hellbound ? If yes ,what on earth justifies his eternal abode in the blazing fire of Janam ?

Jump in Sheikhs with the correct explanation.Thanks in advance .

Allah is the Most Just & the Most Merciful

anyone who does not receive the message of Islam (in it's correct form) will be tested separately on the Day of Judgment

We feel the same about the answer but is that in line with mainstream sunni belief ?

yes, this is the mainstream Sunni belief, one of the main pieces of evidence used to support this belief is the hadith of the Prophet (ﷺ):

"There are four (who will protest) to Allah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between messengers). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them."

this hadith indicates that unless one had been called to Islam correctly (and they were capable of understanding the message), Allah will not punish them before testing them separately on the Day of Judgment

Faahiye

Male Male Male Male
A man lives with his family in a remote village somewhere in the vast Chinese mountain ranges.He is a kind and caring person to his family and neighbours to a point he is loved by the entire village for his virtues .The man has a little information about Islam .In other words he only hear about muslims in Chinese historical accounts and more often on TV news .He basically considers Muslim and Islam as a parallel set of belief and civilization to his own Chinese belief and culture .The man finally dies while loved by his friends and family my Question is ,according to the mainstream sunni Islam ,is the nice Chinese dude a hellbound ? If yes ,what on earth justifies his eternal abode in the blazing fire of Janam ?

@GeeljirePoet

Have a read of this https://yaqeeninstitute.org/jonatha...s-perspectives-on-salvation-outside-of-islam/

Best,

Faahiye

yes, this is the mainstream Sunni belief, one of the main pieces of evidence used to support this belief is the hadith of the Prophet (ﷺ):

"There are four (who will protest) to Allah on the Day of Resurrection: the deaf man who never heard anything, the insane man, the very old man, and the man who died during the fatrah (the interval between messengers). The deaf man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I never heard anything.’ The insane man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but the children ran after me and threw stones at me.’ The very old man will say, ‘O Lord, Islam came but I did not understand anything.’ The man who died during the fatrah will say, ‘O Lord, no Messenger from You came to me.’ He will accept their promises of obedience, then word will be sent to them to enter the Fire. By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if they enter it, it will be cool and safe for them."

this hadith indicates that unless one had been called to Islam correctly, Allah will not punish them before testing them separately on the Day of Judgment

The famous Salafi scholar of Yemen, Muqbil al-Wadi’i (d. 2001), concluded that the answer was no, and that the people of the US and Europe were a modern Ahl al-Fatra.[15]

that will be for Allah to decide he is the all just
i heard from yasir qadhi that Allah will forgive some type of people who didn't worship Allah so Allahu aclam

The west cannot be a modern al fatrah .. how can it when it wages war against muslims not to mention the large muslim population in he west ??

rather this chinese man you mentioned in your scenario he's issue can be dispusted.

Islam is not based on emotions it doesn't care what you or i think.

Not worshiping Allah alone and commiting shirk is the biggest injustice in this world.. the one who created you, moulded you, protected you, gave you respite deserves to be worshiped alone.

If the message reaches someone it has reached someone whether they understand it or not thats their issue.

As for those who live in remote areas who don't know what islam is these are the fatrah.

The west cannot be a modern al fatrah .. how can it when it wages war against muslims not to mention the large muslim population in he west ??

rather this chinese man you mentioned in your scenario he's issue can be dispusted.

Islam is not based on emotions it doesn't care what you or i think.

Not worshiping Allah alone and commiting shirk is the biggest injustice in this world.. the one who created you, moulded you, protected you, gave you respite deserves to be worshiped alone.

If the message reaches someone it has reached someone whether they understand it or not thats their issue.

As for those who live in remote areas who don't know what islam is these are the fatrah.

"The west cannot be a modern al Fitrah"

that alone is ambiguous and a bit of a generalization.Someone in the west might work hard to attain moral and intellectual fulfilment with his good manners and hard work.That person might have a little info about the true meaning of islam but only hears CNN and FOX depiction of muslims abd Islam on tv news .Finally,the person dies after achieving some of his career ambitions with remarkable results (like achieving a doctorate in marine biology) .Is that kind of man not a person of modern Al Fitrah ?

"The west cannot be a modern al Fitrah"

that alone is ambiguous and a bit of a generalization.Someone in the west might work hard to attain moral and intellectual fulfilment with his good manners and hard work.That person might have a little info about the true meaning of islam but only hears CNN and FOX depiction of muslims abd Islam on tv news .Finally,the person dies after achieving some of his career ambitions with remarkable results (like achieving a doctorate in marine biology) .Is that kind of man not a person of modern Al Fitrah ?

It doesn't matter what that person achieved in regards to his secular education.

Islam reached that individual, whether it was depicted in certain manner doesn't matter.

How many people became muslim after 9/11?

Thousands because they researched it after that incident.

The person who heard about islam but didn't bother researching it what excuse can he bring forward ?

It can't be ignorance because he had time to research it instead of chasing dunya.

If there was an excuse for everyone then what would be the point of doing good deeds ?

Should we not just engage in haram and claim ignorance?

Abaq

VIP
I heard in a lesson once that those who died without Islam reaching them will be tested on the Day of Judgement. They will only go jannah if they pass the test. That's because the rest of us are tested on this world and from Allah's justice they likewise will be tested.

Sahih International: Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.

Pickthall: Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Yusuf Ali: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Shakir: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the f Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Muhammad Sarwar: However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

Mohsin Khan: Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .

Arberry: Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabaeans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness -- their wage awaits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them; neither shall they sorrow.

Sahih International: Indeed, those who believed and those who were Jews or Christians or Sabeans [before Prophet Muhammad] - those [among them] who believed in Allah and the Last Day and did righteousness - will have their reward with their Lord, and no fear will there be concerning them, nor will they grieve.

Pickthall: Lo! Those who believe (in that which is revealed unto thee, Muhammad), and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right - surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

Yusuf Ali: Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.

Shakir: Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the f Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.

Muhammad Sarwar: However, those who have become believers (the Muslims), and the Jews, the Christians and the Sabaeans who believe in God and the Day of Judgment and strive righteously will receive their reward from the Lord and will have nothing to fear nor will they be grieved.

Mohsin Khan: Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve .

Arberry: Surely they that believe, and those of Jewry, and the Christians, and those Sabaeans, whoso believes in God and the Last Day, and works righteousness -- their wage awaits them with their Lord, and no fear shall be on them; neither shall they sorrow.

Bro no point quoting translation of ayah without understanding its context and meaning this doesn't apply to the current yahud and nasara this applies to those who followed isa and musa in the previous sharias before the wahi was sent to the nabi (pbhu)
Read the tafsir of those ayah.

we know there is no blame for those who have not heard of islam or the prophet SAW by the time he passed away, there is a hadith about this, its only for those it reached,

in addtion, there is massive sin for the rulers/kings who the Nabi SAW had sent letters to but refused islam, for they will take the sins of the people they were caring for as they refused islam, i am more worried for these rulers of old as they refused islam on behalf an entire nation,

think about, an Eskimo in north Canada in the year 632 did not hear about the Nabi, SAW, these are special cases and Allah will show mercy if no one heard of islam,

whoever, islam has spread and Allah has promised to spread its knowledge, and its 2020 and everyone now knows about it, Allah knows best as i do not want to say anything wrong but how do you know he doesn't know about islam and never heard about it? its not like china is some far away island in the pacific with hunter gatheres , everywhere in this planet has been touched with TV, books, newspapers etc,

But Allah knows best, double check with a shiekh, i am an Ogaden and my knowledge is better than the average human but not perfect as i not a scholar, double check and may Allah forgive us for any wrong advise,

but also keep in mind that Allah sent messengers to all nations, and these messengers would speak of the last prophet to come and his signs, so 125,000 messengers were not sent for nothing, to all nations, so little excuse,

Royalflush

novacane
im not a sheikh but allah says in the quran (28:59):
And never would your Lord have destroyed the cities until He had sent to their mother a messenger reciting to them Our verses. And We would not destroy the cities except while their people were wrongdoers.

also another hadiith:

“At the beginning of every century Allah will send to this ummah someone who will renew its religious understanding.”

Narrated by Abu Dawood (4291); classed as saheeh by as-Sakhkhaawi in al-Maqaasid al-Hasanah (149) and by al-Albaani in as-Silsilah as-Saheehah (no. 599).

so it appears as though every nation has heard of the message, and those few who dont- their judgement is with Allah.

however if they are good people and have heard of our religion, then they must not die except in the state of islam or they will be punished

O you who believe fear Allah as He should be feared and die not except in the state of Islam" (al-Imran 3:102) Allah is commanding us not to die except as Muslims.

sigmund

JUSTICE FOR SHUKRI ABDI
VIP
Only those people who have heard Islam in its true form as in has some sort of knowledge about the religion that are doomed if they reject it. Subhanallah Allah is most merciful and forgiving he does not punish people who isn't aware of Islam. And was willing to forgive Firaun even after all the atrocities and rejection he has done.