A Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor

The name is Professor, Haji Professor
I know this will sound pathetic but I can't speak somali at all, Like not even a little bit. I even don't know how to read somali, it's that bad.

I communicate with My mother and father in English and they speak back to me in somali. Sometimes though my brother and sister's have to translate what am saying to my parents to communicate with them. My father always talks about this when he sees me( don't live with him) and always blames my mother but I have always been way to embarrassed to try. When any family members come over i automatically leave the house, so I don't embarrass my mum.

The funny thing is my mother has taken me to somalia, seven times yet I never learned shit whilst I was there:pachah1:. Even though i am somali am not really connected to it and have never seen it as important. My identity was always black british and nothing more. I am on this site to reconnect with my heritage but I wanted to ask the other people on this Site how many of you are you like me and do you think this is problem. One thing I noticed with many somalis around my age group (19-21) in the UK, that unfortunately many can'tell speak somali at all. I am not saying all somalis but I have come across a significant amount that don't know their language. As more generations come about in the west, this will become more apparent eventually and common place in the long run. Do you think that this is a problem the somali community should try to tackle.

P.S I know with this thread, I can no longer participate in any somaliland v somalia debate and I have sentenced myself to live with the crazys like @ArchBishopofAtheism, @EternalLightX and the crazy @PiratePrincess :mjlol: but I just thought that this is an important question and this place needed some more original threads.

Professor

The moment he said black British he fucked up
:mjlol:
This site made me change my identity from black british to somali. But before I logged on this site I used to see my myself as kneegrow. Black power and that bullshit but Alhamdulillah I now am a superior cushtic man and thus I rejoice in my undeserving superiority :rejoice:

Last edited:
I identify with somali now sxb:mjcry:
Fair enough kid. Race and sex are fluid these days anyway. Men identify as women, I identify as a rabbit, so why can't you identify as a negrotarian? Fine by me.
Are you really a 19 year old? That's terrible. I need to leave this dumb forum. Full of spotty faced little manboys.

Don't speak for us, please. I speak fluent Somali and I've never set foot in Somalia. Did you want a round of applause or something? Boasting about not speaking your mother tongue.

great-one-private-look-disgust.gif

@Professor You should be ashamed. Wow, to have to have your siblings translate for you to be able to communicate with your parents. Walahi that's extremely sad and heartbreaking. God wow that sounds like hell. I wouldn't accept a million dollars to be in your shoes.

Wow that's really sad dude. Just try to learn it.

If you can understand your parents than spend at least 2 hours watching YouTube Somali videos and read Somali sites. It can help with your vocabulary and reading skills.

Professor

@Professor You should be ashamed. Wow, to have to have your siblings translate for you to be able to communicate with your parents. Walahi that's extremely sad and heartbreaking. God wow that sounds like hell. I wouldn't accept a million dollars to be in your shoes.
Listen I have to ask them to translate when am explaining something complex and they don't understand what am saying:comeon:. But I would rather be in my shoes a thousand times over then be a self hating apostates . I may be out of touch with my dhagan but I have never hated myself or my people.

Status
Not open for further replies.