A plausible reason why the North is more stable than the South.

I agree that in the alshabab era these minority tribes are more influential because they can contribute money and most importantly manpower due to the fact that if alshabab wasnt there the big clans would dominate them.
If alshabab leaves again the big clan will go back to calling the shots, and just like in puntland (MX saleeban clans) and somaliland (HA, HJ, GX) these major powerbrokers will need to sit at the table and figure out how to powershare instead of one subclan (HG) trying to conquer the entirety of south central somalia (which is unthinkable in the north).
When its every man for himself like it was in the warlord era these small clans are really not that important like in the north.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I consider the South langaab. Landheere has secured bosaso to gaalkacyo which is 750km and same land mass as gaalkacyo to hamar which is shared by 100 clans. Why can 1 clan secure 220 000 sq km yet the southern clans combined secured the same territory as a sub clan of darod? That's the perspective i look at it and since 1800s till today its the north that are the power players of the South.

I consider the southies langaabs untill someone answers why can't you secure the same.landmass as Majerteen. GM plus HS land mass is only our north east land holdings not including a huge slice of doolo in ogadeniya and Jubaland. I'm.proud of my ancestors Geesinimo.
The simple answer is that there are fewer people, fewer resources, and less diversity overall up North. Most weren't really interested in fighting for the arid north but rather the more green and moist south. The further south you go in Somalia, the more readily accessible resources you find.

Puntland is Majeerteen-dominated, while Galmudug and Hirshabelle have many clans, such as Habargidir, Abgaal, Murusade, Mareexaan, Xawaadle, Gugundhabe, and Gaaljecel along with many minorities, which are all sizeable armed clans. The borders of these states are also bordered by big clans, respectively Majeerteen and Raxanweyn. Expanding abruptly is pretty much a suicide mission, and any clan that tries will have their numbers reduced immediately.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
One clan trying to take over south central somalia will never work, it was tried before and it failed. Like i said every region has a militarily and politically dominant clan that would prevent that from happening. Somaliland went through similar issues, and they ended up finding a way to make peace and share power. The abiliity to compromise and make peace is what was missing in the south, i dont think the key element is diversity.
Look at xamar, its a city dominated by hawiye (even though minorities live there they are powerless) just like Hargeisa, one city there was peace after a violent struggle and the other one turned into a hellscape. Xamar couldve been a launching pad to fix the rest of the country but it was the worst place in the country for over a decade, how can you blame clan diversity on that?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
One clan trying to take over south central somalia will never work, it was tried before and it failed. Like i said every region has a militarily and politically dominant clan that would prevent that from happening. Somaliland went through similar issues, and they ended up finding a way to make peace and share power. The abiliity to compromise and make peace is what was missing in the south, i dont think the key element is diversity.
Look at xamar, its a city dominated by hawiye (even though minorities live there they are powerless) just like Hargeisa, one city there was peace after a violent struggle and the other one turned into a hellscape. Xamar couldve been a launching pad to fix the rest of the country but it was the worst place in the country for over a decade, how can you blame clan diversity on that?

Federalism was born because hamar was and still is a graveyard capital. The issue is the capital is located in a clan territory who isn't a landheere, if it was located in PL it would flow nicely with majerten being a landheere. I mean the whole nation left in 91 when we left Hamar and they all came back when we established the TFG thru Abdillahi Yusuf. The pattern to identify a landheere is flowing with Puntland not hawiye, hawiye is nothing more then destabilizing force their not a clan suited to state affairs.

NidarNidar

Punisher
If the West cared about Somalia they would have made the North the seat of power, Mogadishu is tainted by blood, but they want control over the formation of Somalia, the whole country has untapped natural resources(uranium, iron ore, tin, gypsum, bauxite, copper, salt and natural gas) going into the trillions.

There isn't a single politician with a backbone in any of the regions, they'll all bend over to receive a slice of the pie.

If the West cared about Somalia they would have made the North the seat of power, Mogadishu is tainted by blood, but they want control over the formation of Somalia, the whole country has untapped natural resources(uranium, iron ore, tin, gypsum, bauxite, copper, salt and natural gas) going into the trillions.

There isn't a single politician with a backbone in any of the regions, they'll all bend over to receive a slice of the pie.
I would personally recommend the seat of power to be taken North. Hargeisa should've opted to do so instead of saying we are breaking off. The IC would back them as Hargeisa was the legal second capital of Somalia and it would have given them more power. They missed that chance greatly. The same goes for Puntland they were too fixated on Xamar and fixing its issues for their benefit but it seems to have gone to waste now.

Tiyeglow

A Laandheere always pays his debts
I consider the South langaab. Landheere has secured bosaso to gaalkacyo which is 750km and same land mass as gaalkacyo to hamar which is shared by 100 clans. Why can 1 clan secure 220 000 sq km yet the southern clans combined secured the same territory as a sub clan of darod? That's the perspective i look at it and since 1800s till today its the north that are the power players of the South.

I consider the southies langaabs untill someone answers why can't you secure the same.landmass as Majerteen. GM plus HS land mass is only our north east land holdings not including a huge slice of doolo in ogadeniya and Jubaland. I'm.proud of my ancestors Geesinimo.
Bosaso to Galkacyo is equivalent to Galkacyo to Xamar? I would need to confirm that because that doesn't seem plausible to me.

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.

Reinforcing qabil tensions aswell, All of this is Bs all of it straight from the root

Ximan iyo Xadeed

Sanaag
VIP

The North has the most minerals from Awdal to Sanaag

NidarNidar

Punisher
I would personally recommend the seat of power to be taken North. Hargeisa should've opted to do so instead of saying we are breaking off. The IC would back them as Hargeisa was the legal second capital of Somalia and it would have given them more power. They missed that chance greatly. The same goes for Puntland they were too fixated on Xamar and fixing its issues for their benefit but it seems to have gone to waste now.
Didn't need to be even permanent but something temporary, I feel like Somali territories need a ground-roots organisation like the Somali Youth League to nurture future politicians.

One of the policies I respected the SYL is its banning of clannishness.

Didn't need to be even permanent but something temporary, I feel like Somali territories need a ground-roots organisation like the Somali Youth League to nurture future politicians.

One of the policies I respected the SYL is its banning of clannishness.
spot on!

Egal wanted this he wasn't a secessionist and the extreme faction hated him even tried to kill him for it and he gave up on it.

Neither was Tuur.

Egal wanted this he wasn't a secessionist and the extreme faction hated him even tried to kill him for it and he gave up on it.

Neither was Tuur.
You are right, Walaal. It was a temporary suggestion so that Hargeisa could help settle and reconcile the South. Through that, they would have brokered a system that distributes power between the North and the South so that each can protect the other from itself in the event one goes into turmoil. Many high-ranking Generals have mentioned this in interviews.

You are right, Walaal. It was a temporary suggestion so that Hargeisa could help settle and reconcile the South. Through that, they would have brokered a system that distributes power between the North and the South so that each can protect the other from itself in the event one goes into turmoil. Many high-ranking Generals have mentioned this in interviews.
Icl I think Ali Mahdi has a lot of blame for this- he unilaterally declared himself president against the agreement between the different militias.

I don't think the future capital should be in Xamar- Xamar's had its time and nothing has come of it a more neutral location is needed like Turkey made Ankara as its capital with Istanbul as the largest city and de facto capital.

@Magan Joseph why can't ppl see it from my compass somali wayne perspective.

The Central zone is Darod and Hawiye as 50/50 split.

The South zone split between hawiye, darod, digil iyo mirifle.

The East totally Harti.

The West zone totally Absame and minorities.

Waryaa how is it possible one sub clan of darod the majerten hold the same.land mass as GM and HS? Why noone questions how did this happen? It would baffle me for years and I concluded we have brave ancestor.

I want to honor the legacy of my ancestors bravery and not tanasul or play 4.5 affirmative action crapola. If you’re so strong you wouldn't be hiding in tuulos shared by 100 clans in the south or hiding under somali name in the capital. Anigu manaxe waa naxarista keliya.
Really impressive laakin waa wax aad loo layaabo when you think about it walahi. Can you believe that Ciise and Isaaq each live in just a 100,000kms of land?😅 Jubaland + NFD would be 237,000kms about the same size as Puntland, but then there’s Ogadenia which would be 328,000kms. Dadku Ilaahay ma simin, Allah wants us to appreciate our differences that’s to say some laangaab clans would appreciate laandheere clans achievements. This Qamaan Bulxan guy was from my family clan, him alone contributed more to Somali history than certain clans as a whole.

Last edited:

Trending