A passion you have that is not “acceptable”?

Xoxoxo

VIP
Like- are you a talented musician, a good lawyer, an amazing artist etc etc. Just things you are extremely good at but is considered to be taboo among Somalis nowadays

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
not really. Besides music and dancing there’s not much else that is considered taboo in Somali culture that isn’t anywhere else.

Can you think of any?

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
An artist! Specifically painters. I also tbh think photography is a no no
that’s not taboo at all lol. Unless by passion you mean a career, then yeah of course it’s not liked.

Islamically? Muay Thai, but apparantly hitting people in the face, even if it's light-sparring, is haram. My parent didn't care by my grandmother wouldn't stop nagging me about it for a long time.

I was good at figure drawing and art in general but quit and swtiched to stem, reget it to this day. Those are my two not "acceptable" passion/talents :wow:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
A Professional Troll.

1638047136995.png

Islamically? Muay Thai, but apparantly hitting people in the face, even if it's light-sparring, is haram. My parent didn't care by my grandmother wouldn't stop nagging me about it for a long time.

I was good at figure drawing and art in general but quit and swtiched to stem, reget it to this day. Those are my two not "acceptable" passion/talents :wow:
I used to draw a lot as well and got decent at it, I stopped because I wasn't interested anymore though in favor of programming. I'd post my work if anyone wanna see

Trending