A NEW LOW FOR PUNANI WARRIORS

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cupcakes designed to look like a female coochie ends FGM how? More over, how does it even appeal to conservative, poor Somali nomads, which is your primary target?!

No offense, but you just sound like another Somali female who likes to argue for the sake of it. You'll fit right in, as we have plenty of those here.

I'm sorry, your crying over cupcakes. How on earth can we even Talk to people about this graphic mutilation if they can't handle things as simple as cupcakes. Omg.
You sound like another guy who thinks everything is about you. I'm sorry seeing a vulva triggers you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, your crying over cupcakes. How on earth can we even Talk to people about this graphic mutilation if they can't handle things as simple as cupcakes. Omg.
You sound like another guy who thinks everything is about you. I'm sorry seeing a vulva triggers you.

And I'm sorry you sound like the typical cadaan SJW whose positions are only skin deep. People like you genuinely do more harm than good, as you alienate people who actually care about the problem and not how many retweets and likes they get.

The cupcakes were used to grab people's attention but the article had some other good points. This isn't the first time something like this has been done, there were some Scandinavian women who made an FGM cake. I think it trivializes the issue.

And I'm sorry you sound like the typical cadaan SJW whose positions are only skin deep. People like you genuinely do more harm than good, as you alienate people who actually care about the problem and not how many retweets and likes they get.

Walaal if your not gonna help with the cause.. then do your Somali sister a favour and stop trying to hinder/bash it.

Btw I don't know what SJW is. You seem to know more about that, so maybe you are.

Gambar

VIP
When your house is flooded, you don't talk about fixing the cupboards. Somalis are not in a position to deal with FGM effectively currently asnthey have more pressing concerns, like not dying.

FYI, shock value attention seeking tactics like vagina cupcakes do nothing for the anti-FGM cause. They merely alienate Somalis from you and cause unnecessary contraversy.
But women are dying from FGM.
Oh i definitely agree that FGM is a disgusting scourge in not only Somali society but across hundreds of other cultures/society's in Africa and the middle-east.

I also agree that it shouldn't be a back burner to other concerns (such as the drought) however, i am critical of the way this was executed.

What is the point of this faux secretive business of 'smuggling' vulva cupcakes in the Somali region when FGM is practised by virtually all major ethnic groups in Ethiopia? (why single out the Somali region)

Why not spread awareness via conventional means instead as seen in this article:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....y-sister-not-to-do-type-3-fgm-on-her-daughter
She singled out the Somali region in assuming because she's Somali.

Zuleikha

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
But women are dying from FGM.

She singled out the Somali region in assuming because she's Somali.

I don't think these guys are aware of that a lot of somali women die during child birth due to FGM complications.

I am glad she is actually doing awareness in back home not here in the west but the cupcakes were unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.