TRIGGER WARNING A mother speaks out against rape incident that happened when She was 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard stories of girls being raped in refugee camps in Kenya.

If only people knew how the status of refugee camps in Kenya are.The level of poverty and how destitute somalis are in those places you would shoot almost all somali politicians.

Somalia needs a govt asap not an igu sawir KGB govt.

If only people knew how the status of refugee camps in Kenya are.The level of poverty and how destitute somalis are in those places you would shoot almost all somali politicians.

Girls being raped with no consequences was happening even before the war. I’ve heard from few older women say the civil war happened because of all the xaaq daro against women in Somalia when they were growing up.

The thing that scares me the most is that those young men that raped her are probably seen as 'normal' odeys now who are probably married with older kids.

I've heard from older gen people that gang rape used to happen in Xamar in the 70s and 80s. It was usually the rich boys who knew they could use and abuse poorer girls without a lot of male protection.

Cerberus

I started my own security company Cerberus.
VIP
The thing that scares me the most is that those young men that raped her are probably seen as 'normal' odeys now who are probably married with older kids now.
Oh without a doubt. And a shocker is the women often forgive them. My own sister said mom was telling some people in group chat that she was raped in Somalia during war and group chat just remained quiet because they didn't know what to say.

Somali community is often sexist and they shun or quiet the woman and don't care for her complaints.

In burnsville a friend of mine who is married to guy I grew up with who is from my tribe, she came crying to me saying she should've listened to her mother when she said don't marry that man. While I was in her car and she was telling me about his abuses and fact he is alcoholic and doesn't support family, he saw us drive by the Karmel mall and he texted me that he saw me with his wife and he is pissed at me. They used to invite me to their house too btw.

So I tell her sorry I am not marriage counselor and can't do anything for you. She said her family and his family won't listen regarding alcohol abuse he does and not supporting her and they won't allow divorce (this is in Minnesota USA) btw. This happened in 2013. So he saw me at Karmel mall and he attacked me by grabbing me and picking me up. He was stronger and less skinny that time and he fought guys and went to jail all the time. I was weaker but he didn't throw fists at me because he knows better and I know his family and brothers. He respects me now and I am bigger and stronger than he is now so he never attempts fights or grabbing me and I told him his wife picked me up and I didn't tell her anything but she cried on me for whatever reason.

They're still married and he is deteriorating and now also one of the few Somali meth heads I know about.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP

It is destitute place sxb , it's not a pleasant place , neither was returning to Somalia during the harsh times , it was even worse for minority clans , Hence many would escape at night to Wajir and hide from the police , if they were lucky enough they go along the road to Nairobi.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
The thing that scares me the most is that those young men that raped her are probably seen as 'normal' odeys now who are probably married with older kids.

I've heard from older gen people that gang rape used to happen in Xamar in the 70s and 80s. It was usually the rich boys who knew they could use and abuse poorer girls without a lot of male protection.
Yes that exist , powerful clans exploiting the unfortunate people.

It was happening for generations.

Somali society itself is misogynistic , meaning that they would blame it on the victims instead of the perpetrators.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Girls being raped with no consequences was happening even before the war. I’ve heard from few older women say the civil war happened because of all the xaaq daro against women in Somalia when they were growing up.
xaq daro* I had to correct that because xaaq sounds too similar to the somali words snot and sweeping.

mrlog

VIP
Oh without a doubt. And a shocker is the women often forgive them. My own sister said mom was telling some people in group chat that she was raped in Somalia during war and group chat just remained quiet because they didn't know what to say.

Somali community is often sexist and they shun or quiet the woman and don't care for her complaints.

In burnsville a friend of mine who is married to guy I grew up with who is from my tribe, she came crying to me saying she should've listened to her mother when she said don't marry that man. While I was in her car and she was telling me about his abuses and fact he is alcoholic and doesn't support family, he saw us drive by the Karmel mall and he texted me that he saw me with his wife and he is pissed at me. They used to invite me to their house too btw.

So I tell her sorry I am not marriage counselor and can't do anything for you. She said her family and his family won't listen regarding alcohol abuse he does and not supporting her and they won't allow divorce (this is in Minnesota USA) btw. This happened in 2013. So he saw me at Karmel mall and he attacked me by grabbing me and picking me up. He was stronger and less skinny that time and he fought guys and went to jail all the time. I was weaker but he didn't throw fists at me because he knows better and I know his family and brothers. He respects me now and I am bigger and stronger than he is now so he never attempts fights or grabbing me and I told him his wife picked me up and I didn't tell her anything but she cried on me for whatever reason.

They're still married and he is deteriorating and now also one of the few Somali meth heads I know about.

mmmhh something doesn’t add up.
I am not saying it couldn’t have happened but why not report the guy to social services.
In MN they woulda kicked him out of the house, put a restraining order and commence prosecution.
She coming to you and saying nobody wants to help doesn’t make sense.
In Africa yes but not in the states.

The woman made a harrowing point about how misogynistic Somali culture could be, especially when she was growing up.

She said that women were raised with the idea that only they can bring shame. Men were/are treated as kings and are never told that their actions could cause shame. This is to such an extent that despite being the victim, shame followed her, whilst the same cannot be said about the men who battered and raped her.

This is emotional.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Theres a serious rape culture we Somalis need to address, I used to deny it but its becoming increasingly clear. We are a psychotic people :jcoleno:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1623090446663.png

Status
Not open for further replies.