A morroccan bar owner boycotts French alcohol

BetterDaysAhead

#JusticeForShukriAbdi #FreeYSL
VIP
good job mashallah he did the righ-wait a minute
damsel.png

Jungle

VIP
I think we should do the same. Somalis should stop supporting big brands like grey goose, ciroc, hennessy, courvousier, remy etc :reallymaury:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I own plenty of French luxury designer brands and cologne. I don't think I will ever stop using that but I support the movement of boycotting French products.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I own plenty of French luxury designer brands and cologne. I don't think I will ever stop using that but I support the movement of boycotting French products.
I've always wondered why people buy luxury brands, seems like a waste of money.

Apollo

VIP
Maghrebi Arabic sounds really ugly. Worst Arabic dialect. Even though I don't understand it, I don't like the way it sounds. Seems like they slur their words and don't pronounce the vowels (consonant clusters) that other Arabic dialects do.

Maghrebi Arabic sounds really ugly. Worst Arabic dialect. Even though I don't understand it, I don't like the way it sounds. Seems like they slur their words and don't pronounce the vowels (consonant clusters) that other Arabic dialects do.
Heavy french influence, that's why. Khaleeji Arabic sounds the best to me.

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
I hear the way they pronounce stuff comes from Tamazight (Amazigh languages). I looked up how various Amazigh languages sound like, and they also shorten words by dropping vowels.
The way he was speaking was more intelligible, than the average magharibi.
But you are correct, they have influence from amazigh language, beside that, they use vocabulary that is indeed Arabic but it isn't used by other Arabs, it's like romance languages, use Latin vocabulary, but one language-let's say French- use a certain word, and the other -spanish- use a different word that has the same meaning, and with time the these dialects drop(forget) unused words, so maghrebi dialect may seem like as if they use non Arabic words to other Arabs but it's just that other arabs don't use these vocabulary.

the other thing is phonology, they kept the ق sound while other dialects dropped it or changed. And (maybe) added amazigh way of speaking.
But if any Arab listen carefully to magharebi specifically if the speaker slowed down, he may understand what the magharebi is saying.

Apollo

VIP
The way he was speaking was more intelligible, than the average magharibi.
But you are correct, they have influence from amazigh language, beside that, they use vocabulary that is indeed Arabic but it isn't used by other Arabs, it's like romance languages, use Latin vocabulary, but one language-let's say French- use a certain word, and the other -spanish- use a different word that has the same meaning, and with time the these dialects drop(forget) unused words, so maghrebi dialect may seem like as if they use non Arabic words to other Arabs but it's just that other arabs don't use these vocabulary.

the other thing is phonology, they kept the ق sound while other dialects dropped it or changed. And (maybe) added amazigh way of speaking.
But if any Arab listen carefully to magharebi specifically if the speaker slowed down, he may understand what the magharebi is saying.

I got it from langfocus (very good channel by the way), at min 5:25 he claims that vowel reduction thing in Maghrebi Arabic comes from Amazigh.

''Russian: I have the language with the most consonant clusters
Darija: Hold my tktktktbt''

:dead:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

I got it from langfocus (very good channel by the way), at min 5:25 he claims that vowel reduction thing in Maghrebi Arabic comes from Amazigh.

''Russian: I have the language with the most consonant clusters
Darija: Hold my tktktktbt''

:dead:
Vowel reduction with throat consonant like ق غ is a terrible idea :deadosama:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
I've always wondered why people buy luxury brands, seems like a waste of money.

It's only a waste of money if your bank account is low and you have no other option but to save but if you're making money and you want to stand out then it is not a waste of money, imo.

Buy italian instead langaab yahow😅

I also have Italian brands but Paris is the fashion capital of the world. It used to be Milan and where did this "langaab yahow" energy come from? I'm not from the minority tribes, sorry.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
It's only a waste of money if your bank account is low and you have no other option but to save but if you're making money and you want to stand out then it is not a waste of money, imo.

I also have Italian brands but Paris is the fashion capital of the world. It used to be Milan and where did this "langaab yahow" energy come from? I'm not from the minority tribes, sorry.
People buy luxury brands to stand out? Is that something I'm too poor to understand :hova:

Trending