A media ban on all senior employees of the government

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmaajo and khayre administration has banned the senior government employees/officials i.e. cabinet members to speak to the media or post on Facebook anything related to government issues without the authorization of the government or the department those issues concern.

This is a good move as cases of government officials releasing contradicting messages has been recorded numerous times.

It's about time to bring order!

Farmaajo and khayre administration has banned the senior government employees/officials i.e. cabinet members to speak to the media or post on Facebook anything related to government issues without the authorization of the government or the department those issues concern.

This is a good move as cases of government officials releasing contradicting messages has been recorded numerous times.

It's about time to bring order!
This is a very very big power move by the Farmaajo government.

Initiatives like this, is exactly how the government can prevent the private media from sabotaging the government's positive efforts. Great step in the right direction.

This is a dumb decision. These Ministers are adults, not children. The PM picked them and he has to trust them. Removing their voice right after a scandal that only came to light because of it is far from transparent and an obvious scramble to not lose face.

YoungFarah

:)
VIP
This is a dumb decision. These Ministers are adults, not children. The PM picked them and he has to trust them. Removing their voice right after a scandal that only came to light because of it is far from transparent and an obvious scramble to not lose face.
But don't all other countries do this?

Stop seeing this with qabil glasses. The point is not to silence but make sure contradicting information is not released.

It's to make sure information is released by relevant authorities and not every person without credible source as that will raise tensions.

Spot on. Public statements can make or break a government. That's why so many senior people were fired by Trump, because they kept leaking news behind his back.

But don't all other countries do this?
I don't know about countries that have to babysit their Ministers no, especially banning them from speaking to the media which effectively shows they don't trust you.
Stop seeing this with qabil glasses. The point is not to silence but make sure contradicting information is not released.

It's to make sure information is released by relevant authorities and not every person without credible source as that will raise tensions.
Damn, I just had one differing opinion and I'm already accused of qabyalaad :gucciwhat:

This move was done right after one Ministry released a statement that they credited to another Minister, but that Minister then said he never said that. From the Shabelle case where innocent elderly and children were gunned down.

This is obviously a kneejerk reaction to that, and not a thought out and planned policy.

I don't know about countries that have to babysit their Ministers no, especially banning them from speaking to the media which effectively shows they don't trust you.

Damn, I just had one differing opinion and I'm already accused of qabyalaad :gucciwhat:

This move was done right after one Ministry released a statement that they credited to another Minister, but that Minister then said he never said that. From the Shabelle case where innocent elderly and children were gunned down.

This is obviously a kneejerk reaction to that, and not a thought out and planned policy.
The government should have done this from day one, surprised that it took so long.

A government that looks and sounds divided, will come under attack from domestic opportunists as well as foreign saboteurs.

Its not treating them like children though, most govs have this and most statements on behalf of the gov have to be approved, they also have gov spokespeople. It needs to be more organized, it doesn't make sense to have a bunch of ministers making random statements, not assuming they're children but perhaps they haven't all been briefed on all the facts. It turns out making the whole gov look bad like what just happened.

They only need approval for statements on behalf of the gov and that only makes sense, its good news. We don't need them all making contradicting statements on their fb pages.

Saalax Bidaar

Truthfulness so often goes with ruthlessness
I wish they did this in SL. Everyone does press conference and airs out state secrets like it is nothing

Good move by farmaajo and CO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending