NEWS A Local Somali Minnesota women-owned company partners with luxury department store Nordstrom on its first-ever line of hijabs

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Beside the racist and stereotypical comments on the facebook link posted below, it looks like this Somali/Puntite Minnesotan women are make name for themselves in every department of the state and the country also.

Local Company Henna & Hijabs Lands at Nordstrom
June 30, 2021
https://www.facebook.com/sharer.php...ocal-company-henna-hijabs-lands-at-nordstrom/
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?te...ands-at-nordstrom/&via=Halal+Watch+World+News
Ever since she was a young girl, Hilal Ibrahim has struggled with the lack of luxury hijabs on the market.

According to Ibrahim, Muslim women can go to stores like H&M, Target, or Macy’s to find a scarf, but none of the styles are designed specifically for hijab-wearing women, missing the mark completely when it comes to appropriate length or material.

But when Ibrahim was preparing for her high school graduation, she decided to take matters into her own hands create one of her own.
Her design, made of a red chiffon fabric, garnered compliments from friends and peers, and in 2017, her brand, Henna & Hijabs, a line of fashion-forward hijabs made of eco-friendly materials, was born.

The brand’s mission is twofold: to make shopping modestly easier for Muslim women, and create sustainable products that are ethically responsible to both people and the environment.

This year marks a pivotal moment to Henna & Hijabs success through an ongoing partnership with luxury department store Nordstrom on its first-ever line of hijabs. “It means so much that an American retailer is standing behind me and supporting this vision,” says Ibrahim.

“My drive for this is breaking down barriers for women. After all, it’s 2021—it shouldn’t be hard finding the perfect scarf and feeling beautiful in it.”

Available online and in over 16 Nordstrom stores across the country (including Ridgedale and Mall of America), the exclusive collection’s first run is made up of six hijab styles (from soft pastels and watercolors to bold prints) that range from $39-89, as well as a hijab under scarf ($29) and set of hijab pins ($15).

According to Ibrahim, the line was designed with special occasions in mind—weddings, graduations, and the Eid holiday. “Muslim women can now find their complete outfit in one store, from the shoes to the dress to the hijab,” says Ibrahim.

That said, Ibrahim designed her line not just for Muslim women, but for every woman looking for a beautiful scarf and to feel empowered.

“I know that a lot of preconceived notions come with the hijab, but my hope is that with this product that people will see that Muslim women are just as normal and beautiful as everybody else and we love fashion too and we love wearing beautiful things,” says Ibrahim.

In response to her partnership with Nordstrom, Ibrahim hopes this is just the start. “My greatest focus right now is creating accessibility in retail and with Nordstrom I think it’s just the start of that and I look forward to really continuing building that across the board.” “For us I hope this is just the beginning and I look forward to more opportunities and partnerships.”

Make no mistake: Ibrahim’s epic department store collaboration isn’t her first innovation that’s addressed a need. In 2019, Ibrahim (who has over 11 years of experience working in the medical field) was drawing blood in the ER, and she recognized a need for more medical-grade hijabs.

The result? The first healthcare hijab made in an appropriate length, with a breathable fabric, and added slip for access to tools such as stethoscopes or protective face masks.
This design spurred a partnership between the brand and HealthPartners, which became the first hospital in the country to provide hospital hijabs to medical providers and workers.

During the pandemic, the brand donated over 700 of its medical hijabs to local hospitals.

hennaandhijabs.com, @hennaandhijabs
Madeline Nachbar Madeline Nachbar

:sass2::snoop:
Screenshot_20210702-025837_Gallery.jpg

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Hilal Ibrahim, Founder of Henna & Hijabs

Our Founder
Hilal Ibrahim was born in Southern California and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. For her, faith, healthcare, and beauty is a common thread that links H&H to the world of fashion. Hilal says that much of her inspiration is derived from her Islamic values: “We’re taught to be humble and be kind, but also to be beautiful inside and out. Sometimes society tells us that we can’t be beautiful in a hijab. I want to say to women, ‘You are beautiful because you are wearing a hijab, not despite it.’” As a Muslim-American she is proud of where she comes from and is inspired to make a positive shift in fashion. “You don't need to change who you are to fit in.” She says. “I am here to make room for modest fashion at the table.”
Signature image

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
@Manafesto when u r not bullying @Arma testicles, u r busy uplifting Somali Xaliimos. You are dynamic! Black lives Matter!

I honestly got tired cyber bullying that ball head drunkar, it is tiresome Walahi and I sure don't want any more unnecessary Cuquubo coming out of all the way inEurope, I mean the cat is already an embarrassment for raising other people's kids.:mjlol:

Anyway the reason I am posting an uplifting threads days is because I have developed a huge crush on a Sspot Halimo.:wow1:

please dont ask me who because I am not sure I am the only person she is talking to at the moment. :lawd:

Trending