A Happy Coming-Out-Story for A Somali Ex-Muslim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is just assumptions which you are projecting. Not every Muslim is a religious fundamentalist!

Just like not every Atheist is a secular fundamentalist trying to kill and exterminate religious people and consider them backward, immoral, etc.

No wonder how some of you are Atheists who worship ajanabi culture , and always lean on extreme views whether be it secular or religious due to your upbringing . Thats not a issue with religion or islam, that's a Family issue and media propaganda.

:chrisfreshhah: But i don't see how mere a ''Disbelief in God'' is worth alienating you from your fundamentalist family.:manny:

Where exactly did I write every Muslim is a fundamentalist? I specified fundamentalist in order to separate regular Muslims from the extremist. Your the one that jumped to conclusion. :ayaanswag: Western progranga kulaha...I don't know were you live but people here are harassed and in some cases killed for mere disbelief so I don't know why you think it's such a far fetched idea. Or maybe that's all part of western propaganda as well?

Lol my family didn't alienate me because of my disbelief in god. they accept me. I'm allowed to call other parents who disown their kids backwards.

Islam has plenty of issues, maybe you need to revisit the quran and hadith saxib :francis: Sorry but it's detrimental to the somali community in the long run

Horte i don't understand what these atheists hope to gain by trying to re-divide up the Somali community by being Anti-Islamic.

It would be more sincere to unite the Somali people around a common moral core. Such as the one provided by Islam.

The audacity :dead: "Don't follow western ajnabi culture only arab ajnabi culture!!!1"

Firstly Sorry i am not Geeljire, but it seems like it is a running gag here. So whatever...

The whole unicorns iyo faries is a "reductio ad adserdum " Leaning on something absurd ''Unicorns'' to make a case builds for a weak argument

Why not ask yourself who is going to win the superbowl or the world cup? Or a other metaphysical questions like does ''Conciousness'' exist? or ''How do you distinguish dead matter from living matter''?.

It is always the most militant Atheists that get their arguments from Dawkin's.

Dawkin's on a percentage scale he says he's only 85% atheist and 15% agnostic. But he thinks there is AN EQUAL 15% chance of flying tea pots, fairies, unicorns, or that it might literally rain cats and dogs. Now if these people think he really believes that there is the SLIGHTEST chance of it raining cats and dogs, then I question the intellect of the people he's addressing.
:faysalwtf:
Boowe if we are to have a discussion how about a little intellectual honesty. The agnostic shtick isn't fooling anybody :siilaanyolaugh:

As for my "reductio ad absurdum" I think its a perfectly legitimate argument, As far as I know there is no scientific evidence of fairies gods and goblins. And until there is i will treat it as an absurdity
:siilaanyosmile:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
Firstly Sorry i am not Geeljire, but it seems like it is a running gag here. So whatever...

The whole unicorns iyo faries is a "reductio ad adserdum " Leaning on something absurd ''Unicorns'' to make a case builds for a weak argument

Why not ask yourself who is going to win the superbowl or the world cup? Or other metaphysical questions like does ''Conciousness'' exist? or ''How do you distinguish dead matter from living matter''?.

It is always the most militant Atheists that get their arguments from Dawkin's.

Dawkin's on a percentage scale he says he's only 85% atheist and 15% agnostic. But he thinks there is AN EQUAL 15% chance of flying tea pots, fairies, unicorns, or that it might literally rain cats and dogs. Now if these people think he really believes that there is the SLIGHTEST chance of it raining cats and dogs, then I question the intellect of the people he's addressing.
:faysalwtf:

The idea of a God is absolutely in the exact same position as the idea of something like a unicorn. Both are absurd concepts. The only reason people take the concept of God seriously is because millions of people actually believe in that shit. The reason why people dismiss unicorns is because there was no indoctrination from a young age twisting their minds to believe nonsense. In simple terms, both are, from your reasoning, unfalsifiable.

Redactio ad absurdum is a completely valid form of argument.

@Dhabaal is a Muslim masquerading as an agnostic :mjlol:

Look at him using the exact same tired arguments used by muslims :pachah1:trying to paint us all as western booty clappers when he's a secret arab booty clapper.

The idea of a God is absolutely in the exact same position as the idea of something like a unicorn. Both are absurd concepts. The only reason people take the concept of God seriously is because millions of people actually believe in that shit. The reason why people dismiss unicorns is because there was no indoctrination from a young age twisting their minds to believe nonsense. In simple terms, both are, from your reasoning, unfalsifiable.

The even bigger mental gymnastic is when they try to attach the philosophical concept of God(which still remains unproven) to the middle eastern semitic one called Allah
:dead:
Like theres millions to choose from but the one they happened to be born into is the right one

Last edited:

The_Cosmos

Pepe Trump
The even bigger mental gymnastic is when they attach the concept of God(which still remains unproven) to the middle eastern semitic one called Allah
:dead:
Like theres millions to choose from but the one they happened to be born into is the right one

How convenient that out of the thousands of different religions in the world, you managed to land on the right one by means of nothing other than the convenience of your birth. It's like a billionaire kid claiming he's a hard worker because he was born rich even though he just inherited the wealth. :siilaanyosmile::siilaanyolaugh:

I have never been more proud of being Somali than when I left the deen :rejoice:

My Somali name :rejoice: My Somali daqan/food :rejoice: My Somali diric :rejoice::rejoice::rejoice:

Islam is a culture vulture who seeks to wipe out or assimilate any indigenous culture :ufdup: Say not to arabization

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
How convenient that out of the thousands of different religions in the world, you managed to land on the right one by means of nothing other than the convenience of your birth. It's like a billionaire kid claiming he's a hard worker because he was born rich even though he just inherited the wealth. :siilaanyosmile::siilaanyolaugh:
O9wpk.gif

mere disbelief™ :chrisfreshhah:

i dont think ur in a position to criticize dubious analogies considering u just equated atheism to race :chrisfreshhah:

and yes i'm comparing them, and if u were more discerning you'd see why. they're both opinions ie: "ayeeyo is lying c*nt", "your god is not real", that are offensive. what's so hard to understand?

if i disown my son for even something as trivial as listening to Nickelback, i might be ridiculously harsh, but i'm not a bigot. either atheism is a central part of ur identity a la race, sexuality, religion, gender or it's not and it's 'mere unbelief'. pick one

Actually disowning your child for taking on a different religious opinion is pretty much on the nose bigotry. Your well with in your rights to do it, but you can't pretend it's not bigotry/ expect people to refrain from telling you what you are. You should own it anyway, if you're going to do something like that. Not pussy foot around it. Say you are a bigot and proud.

I have never been more proud of being Somali than when I left the deen :rejoice:

My Somali name :rejoice: My Somali daqan/food :rejoice: My Somali diric :rejoice::rejoice::rejoice:

Islam is a culture vulture who seeks to wipe out or assimilate any indigenous culture :ufdup: Say not to arabization
It is us who should be assimilating Islam. Not the other way around. Somalis need to go back to their sufi roots :ahh:

:susp:Who the f*ck put a paragraph on a meme dear god

And your meme is stupid because they are. The biggest casualties of extremists are other normal Muslims. Are you ignoring the tens of thousands who lost their life fighting ISIS and the tens of thousands more still on the ground fighting ISIS?

Why didn't moderate Atheists stop Stalin and Mao Zedong? Both people are Atheists with different political and ideological agendas just like moderate Muslims and Radical extremist Muslims

I never claimed God doesn't exist, I said that he mostly likely doesn't exist.
What evidence to you have that the likelihood of God existent is non-existent? A considerable number of scientists suggest that the likelihood of God existing is far greater than not. Physicist Steven Unwin has calculated probability of the existence of a God to be at 0.67 for example.
LOL @ considering reductio ad absurdum to be a valid form of argument in this scenario. There are hundreds of cosmological arguments for the existence of a supreme being, what argument is there for a fucking unicorn?

Islam doesn’t interfere with culture. “Arabisation” is literally a very recent phenomenon that has been initiated, perpetuated and funded by the oil-rich gulf countries. The only case of an historical incidence that can remotely be classed as “Arabisation” was when two tribes from the Arabian peninsula, namely Banu Sulaym & Hilal invaded North Africa and displaced the Berbers who were the original inhabitants. Even then, most of the Berbers who’ve decided to settle with the Arabian tribes, intermarry with them and adopt their language & culture did so out of their own will, it was not pervasively imposed on them. The evidence for this is that there are some Berbers today who still speak in the tongues of their ancestors and have their dhaqan.

I want you to logically explain to me how adopting a set of laws and guidelines erodes one’s culture because this did not happen when Persia, al-Sham, Andalus, India and other nations/lands were conquered by the early Muslims. Don’t give me no emotional mumbo jumbo, I want solid facts.

Riddle me this: how are the total US population of 318.9 million not stopping a total of 50~ serial killers? Because it just happens. If they (the serial killers) made everyone aware of their operations, surely they’d soon be rendered immobile. As for the extremists who overtly wage Jihad, they are funded by your Western masters most of the times...
:fantasia2:

Tramo

Nine kitaabs on a bookshelf
Actually disowning your child for taking on a different religious opinion is pretty much on the nose bigotry. Your well with in your rights to do it, but you can't pretend it's not bigotry/ expect people to refrain from telling you what you are. You should own it anyway, if you're going to do something like that. Not pussy foot around it. Say you are a bigot and proud.
depends on how u define both atheism and bigotry i guess. i personally define bigotry as unfounded prejudice against a group of people for something they can't help ie: race, gender, sexuality, nationality etc. differences in opinion dont fall under that. intolerance maybe

and if atheism is 'mere disbelief' and not a religious belief like @The_Cosmos says then that's a difference in opinion and doesnt fall under it to me. i guess it does under stricter definitions of the term bigotry, but it's nowhere near on the same level as disowning ur daughter cuz she wants to marry a black guy :mjdontkno:

the way i see it, if ur parents raised u to adulthood, they can disown u over whatever the hell they want...much less over rejecting the very faith they hold dear. "hooyo how come u dont want to talk to me? just because I think Allah is not real and ur religion is a lie?" is not gonna fly no matter how u cut it :idontlike:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending