A great insight on Somaliland from a westerner perspective

AhmedSmelly

I am an offical nacas. too honest
Id respect them more if they chose a cooler name
IsaaqLand would be a perfect fit.

After that, minority clans will rebel and history will repeat itself. Minority clans will get their independence in the end, after a bloody war.

Where is my heart rating tho?

Odkac WRLD

جندي صومال
VIP
Please no tribal politics. Just watch the video, keep quite and give me, my well deserved heart rating.

I honestly believe the whole narrative of “SL is > than Somalia is because we actually are safe” is only from the absolute shitshow that was Mogadishu in the 2000s

my caanjero colony in my room could use the same argument.

They do have some big kahones to break off first lol

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Please no tribal politics. Just watch the video, keep quite and give me, my well deserved heart rating.

2776.jpg

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
The problem with Somalia or Somaliland or Africa, is it is dusty and miserable.

The only thing that gives me hope and happiness is looking at the goats resting under the shade

Maximus

Lord Maximus

Somaliland will never exist.

There are various reasons as to why.

1) The Achievement of Nationhood and Independence is only possible If, and only if, there is a common Motive backed by an objective reason.

<+> ‘An Evil Man who’s regime is long gone and responsible for negatively impacting literally every clan killed my Clan members hence We want Independence’ Is not a valid reason.

You must have a distinct and strong motive.
This is the same reason why many african states are in their sorry state. Rivalling ethnicities were lumped together into large nations and the confusion amongst them leads to war.

Somalia and somalis have a common identity that drives them to want the to unite. The argument that ‘My clan should be an independent sovereign state’ or ‘Greater Somalia is a myth, I want to live with my clan’ has already been debunked by me.

———————————————————
I understand what you mean, but we are in the modern era where your idea of a ‘tribal-nation-state’ is laughable, a chapter in ooga booga tales

In the medieval until the late modern period (Pre WW1 ), Somalis were tribal and had tribal empires.

We functioned normally, of course, skirmishes and fighting also happened but somalis still kept their ‘unity’ through the common somali identity which defended us against 2 superpowers

Then we entered the Industrial Revolution:

The main characteristic of this age is;

—>A Common Identity through Nationalism.

The end the Napoleonic wars brought about the end of Empires and micro states (Congress of Vienna).

These ‘tribal states’can be compared to somali clans, a common identity, separate kingdoms.

In this age, nations based off of common identities were created. Germany, Italy, And Japan were created during this period.

They all formed their respective nations due to the obscurity of ‘clans’ in Japan, ‘Regional Kingdoms’ in Italy, and ‘Holy Roman States’ in Germany, for the Favour of large and greatly competent Nations

The achievements of a united people is beyond what one state can achieve.

Somalis are facing the same problems that nations have already faced. We are still tribal and Qabilist in our primitive thoughts. As time, industrialisation, and attempted exploitation by foreign nations increases, we will naturally be bound by the common Somali Culture, identity, and language which will force us by nature to espouse Greater Somalia.

This is if we increase in our intelligence. Some people here are acting like their clans are going to survive well into the 21st century. Give it until 2040, people will scoff at the idea of ‘Puntland’ or ‘Jubaland’ and will see it as a remnant of History;

much like how a Japanese and Italian will laugh at ‘Satsuma’ and ‘the Kingdom of Naples’ being independent states.

TL;DR: The idea of Clan-nation-states will naturally become obscure in history. This due to the steady increase in intelligence which will result in lessened closely bound clan ties and eventually, individualism. Somali people in the future won’t see clans as anything of importance due to increased knowledge and by the time of our deaths, clans will be in the history books.

This is from looking at the history of certain nations during the industrial revolution.

Increased Knowledge—->Realisation of the Obscurity of Tribalism—>Nationalism

————————————

2) The Implausibly Capricious Future:

<+> The possibility of Somalia being in a constant state of warfare for the next 30-40 years is highly unlikely. Added with the fact that the 6 trillion Dollars worth Oil Reserves are located within Somalia, It is unlikely that Somaliland will continue on a stubborn path to an impossible quest for independence. I doubt Somalilanders will refuse to take a part in the bounty. Federalism isn’t permanent and as I have stated, The idea of ‘Qabils’ will go Extinct with time and education.

Somaliland will cease to exist either way. The population will protest against their corrupt government while an overwhelming majority will flee to somalia for the wealth, Much like the East Germans.

As time passes, Somaliland will be seen as an obscure Tribal state.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
The problem with Somalia or Somaliland or Africa, is it is dusty and miserable.

The only thing that gives me hope and happiness is looking at the goats resting under the shade
But we all came from that particular dusty and desolate part of Africa eedo

The question lies within ourselves and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out , if we aren't capable of uniting as Somalis let alone securing the stability of this war torn nation
Then we are currently stranded overseas like a bunch of stray dogs one day knowingly if political pointview were reversed vice versa our citizenships on these papers will be revoked and we'd be told to f*ck off , then it's our human priority to atleast uplift or do something contributory

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Id respect them more if they chose a cooler name
As a non Northerner I certainly know this
Labeling and attaching their tribes onto a potential nation such as " Isaaqland or Majeertenia" isn't a smart move to begin with and neither will it get the current recognition and attention they're currently projecting today

Despite the ridiculousness attaching -Land with their first
it it's more comprehensible and feasible enough than what some people are aiming for to slur certain tribes and people

Regardless of how bad it sounds I don't think it's a bright idea to replace the names of Somaliland or Puntland

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
IsaaqLand would be a perfect fit.

After that, minority clans will rebel and history will repeat itself. Minority clans will get their independence in the end, after a bloody war.

Where is my heart rating tho?

That's the same wherever a Somali sets a foot on , did you know before the colonial times , women were capable of murder , they would strangle old weak fragile women or a child belonging to a rival clan , that's how severely fucked up we Somalis were
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As a non Northerner I certainly know this
Labeling and attaching their tribes onto a potential nation such as " Isaaqland or Majeertenia" isn't a smart move to begin with and neither will it get the current recognition and attention they're currently projecting today

Despite the ridiculousness attaching -Land with their first
it it's more comprehensible and feasible enough than what some people are aiming for to slur certain tribes and people

Regardless of how bad it sounds I don't think it's a bright idea to replace the names of Somaliland or Puntland

South African
Somaliland is the colonial name but how different is somaliland and somalia really?:drakelaugh:
I'd prefer if we called ourselves The Serene Somali Republic.

Trending