A final solution to the “we aren’t black” discussion

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Why can’t we just be called African. That’s it. Period.

If they want all black people to identify together then that should be under the label “African” as all black people are from Africa.

Asians don’t have to identify as yellow, because they are smart and know White people gave them that name to look down on them, so they threw it out and consider it racist. But black people are fine with black despite it being a PC term for former slaves/ slave descendants aka nword.

So, why not just use African? Identify as black is triggering to some people who are not descendants of slaves, as they see it as an inferior and derogatory term.

As for North Africans they are African too and they will be like Middle easterners who don’t really identify as Asian and no one is thinking of them when they say or think Asian, but no one can deny that they are Asian despite looking and being different from other Asians.

Since everyone seems to be obsessed with Somalis and our every move, yes I’m talking about you non-somali lurkers reading this, this will spread fast.

NO MORE BLACK, AFRICAN ONLY.

I already know some ADOS aka slave descendant black Americans won’t like this because they look down on Africans and don’t want to identify as such. Yet get mad when somalis don’t want to identify as black.

Good idea or not?
:superman::win:

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
As for the argument that we are dark skinned and we should accept the label.

Why can’t Mongoloid Asians identify as white? As far as I know most are light skinned like europeans but they can’t ever say they are white. Their skin tone and hair isn’t different from whites, except the pig skinned ones, but they are facially and physically built different from them. The same way Somalis are physical build and phenotype are different from most Sub Saharan Africans.

So if Asians are to Whites as Somalis are to 99% of Subsaharan Africans then why do people get mad at us?

Because White and Black are exclusive categories. White is at the top and only for the people who run the western world and Black is at the bottom for those who are slave descendants.

Ameen.

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Imma keep it a buck with you fam, idgaf about this topic anymore. I might as well be called a proud Purple man at this point.
Thank you for your contribution
FCDAC485-AFB0-4B13-80B6-1F8A31C1BF48.gif

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I am neither Black nor African.

I am Somali. (not Somalian)

Why can’t we just be called African. That’s it. Period.

If they want all black people to identify together then that should be under the label “African” as all black people are from Africa.

Asians don’t have to identify as yellow, because they are smart and know White people gave them that name to look down on them, so they threw it out and consider it racist. But black people are fine with black despite it being a PC term for former slaves/ slave descendants aka nword.

So, why not just use African? Identify as black is triggering to some people who are not descendants of slaves, as they see it as an inferior and derogatory term.

As for North Africans they are African too and they will be like Middle easterners who don’t really identify as Asian and no one is thinking of them when they say or think Asian, but no one can deny that they are Asian despite looking and being different from other Asians.

Since everyone seems to be obsessed with Somalis and our every move, yes I’m talking about you non-somali lurkers reading this, this will spread fast.

NO MORE BLACK, AFRICAN ONLY.

I already know some ADOS aka slave descendant black Americans won’t like this because they look down on Africans and don’t want to identify as such. Yet get mad when somalis don’t want to identify as black.

Good idea or not?
:superman::win:

Show respect to people who made it possible for you to work and live in America happily. I don't understand why these kids who immigrated to or was born after their families migrated to America try to look down AAs by constantly bringing up slavery. It is not like the Africans who were enslaved had any choice. They did everything in their power to remove the shackles placed on them by European colonizers and settlers in America.

Reality is, the descendants of former slaves in America and the Caribbean came out of that heinous condition by constantly resisting it, and it is the fruits of their struggle that new immigrants from Africa to America and EU are reaping.

But instead of being grateful, we constantly get this 'slavery' charge that people like this girl run with. Frankly, Somalis are dumb and ungrateful people. What I don't understand is what is going for Somalis that some of us need to be this arrogant constantly? People who are from the most failed state on earth have the loudest mouths. I can't believe it. Or perhaps it is that inadequacy that they try to look down on other people. Something is wrong with the Somali psyche that they try to look down on people who have done them no harm.

Xoxoxo

VIP
I’m sorry but you can’t really compare us to Asians. Plus this sounds insensitive, off it wasn’t for AA a lot of you lot wouldn’t have been living comfortable in the US

Somalis aren't really black to be honest I'm fine with only being Somali, we are distinctively known here in the UK people can tell the difference by now. And these maadows will never see us as the same I can even relate to a Bengali than I can with a Nigerian.

GuanYu

Custom title
It really isn't that deep yo

You think it makes a difference on how they view us? To them we're Black simple as is.
Deal with it, most of us we're not in Africa where it matters.

Show respect to people who made it possible for you to work and live in America happily. I don't understand why these kids who immigrated to or was born after their families migrated to America try to look down AAs by constantly bringing up slavery. It is not like the Africans who were enslaved had any choice. They did everything in their power to remove the shackles placed on them by European colonizers and settlers in America.

Reality is, the descendants of former slaves in America and the Caribbean came out of that heinous condition by constantly resisting it, and it is the fruits of their struggle that new immigrants from Africa to America and EU are reaping.

But instead of being grateful, we constantly get this 'slavery' charge that people like this girl run with. Frankly, Somalis are dumb and ungrateful people. What I don't understand is what is going for Somalis that some of us need to be this arrogant constantly? People who are from the most failed state on earth have the loudest mouths. I can't believe it. Or perhaps it is that inadequacy that they try to look down on other people. Something is wrong with the Somali psyche that they try to look down on people who have done them no harm.
I never thought I’d agree with you, but you’re spot on. Imagine looking down on people who fought and made it possible for us to work, live and study in relative peace without constant discrimination?

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
The same black people you’re trying to separate from are called African. Nigerians, Malians, Congolese etc.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dadkeena literally label unrelated people into the same categories. We also group people by race.

Only thing we are asking is acknowledging the racial identity placed upon you in the west. Only that. No need to march for Blm or do activist shit. We are seen as madows here in the west, we look stupid saying we are not black (minority).

Imagine an cadaan man came into Somalia and told other cadaans there he is not white but for example an english man. Yeah thats obvious but the somali society sees him as cadaan and so its pointless of him to distance himself from other whites because anything that affects them will affect him too.

Mac Sonkor

I LIKE HEAVY METAL!!!!
Just saying Black seems too unfamiliar to immigrants who've never been referred to as that way before in their home country. We say Black-African here in the UK. Adding the African bit makes some people less confused

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’m sorry but you can’t really compare us to Asians. Plus this sounds insensitive, off it wasn’t for AA a lot of you lot wouldn’t have been living comfortable in the US
I’m being realistic. AAs don’t want to be called that either, they like FBA to separate from immigrants

All that is irrelevant to the topic.

Trending

Latest posts