A Female president, what's your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Dhoobe

Dr. Dhoobe
He died in a nigerian Villa outside Lagos while Ali Mahdi was destroying aideed and egal was chasing abdirahman tuur

They didn't allow him in the villa, he lived and died in the suuli crying over MOD's future:sheed:. M becoming a Habar gedir pet, O a habashi slave, & D eternally getting Isaaq D:mjsuitcry:

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
@Adam a woman president could do and mean so much for Somalia. Women make up 51% of the worlds population meaning we are the majority yet we are treated as a minority. Women first of all having an opportunity in the job market usually means the countries economy goes up. Something that Somalia is in dire need of. If a woman president were to exists that could result in millions of Somali women aspiring to learn and become business owners or doctors or engineers.

More women in politics usually also means better times for the population. Women make more rational decisions. Women in politics usually vote for legislation that are better for the population as a whole. Meaning that the laws that they push through are not only good for the general population but also for families and families with children. Just look at India. Women there have pushed laws that distribute money more equally, they push for laws that are better for women and they push for health and education. Something we are also in need of in Somalia. So far the men in Somalia have only pushed for qabil rights. They have not thought about ways to maximize our economy, how to get our children into schools nor how to rebuild our healthcare system and create a great infrastructure. These men are only concerned with qabil matter and on some special occasions they discuss Al Shabab.

We have to admit that men in Somalia have done nothing for Somalia. The war shouldn't have continued for 25 years. But because we believe men are the innate leaders we gave them all the power and ever since we have continued watching our country burn for 25 years. Throughout History women have been great leaders, just like at Queen Hatsheput . What's there to say men are better than woman? Men start and create war. That's what their good for.

I rather wanna see a logical explanation for why a woman would not make a good president.

Hubble

VIP
The only reason women can't be president is because unemployed losers will resent that a woman created his job, built his street, educated his children. That type of man is the problem in our country. They're only happy with failure. If a Gabooye or Tumaal was in charge there'd be the same demographic who'd never be happy because everything they look at would remind them that everyone is equal and just as capable given an equal chance.

Things I'd do immediately:

Secure 24/7 access to fresh water for every citizen. Even if it costs me my whole budget.

Paid National service. Young people will learn skills, build things for the community, educate adults and train for senior roles in local government through volunteering . Minimum one year.

Open a mother and child health facility in every district.

Build two big high schools and several smaller elementary schools in every district.

Build two libraries in every district. One for children and one for adults.

Open a factory in every district to pay for everything and keep people employed.

Build a business district for every gobol with CCTV.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Somali women in Somalia are highly illiterate:

http://www.unesco.org/uil/litbase/?menu=4&programme=100

If you think that they will be any better than the men you are kidding yourself.

And the men are incredibly dumb. Illiteracy is your argument? I rather you discuss why our country has been failed for 25 years. Quickly you'll admit that it's because of men and their backwards thinking and not women's illiteracy.

Apollo

VIP
The illiteracy rate reveals that they are poorly educated and therefore less capable of being political leaders. At least at this stage of Somalia's development. You can't just leapfrog from extreme underdevelopment of Somali women straight to demanding equal political representation a la Western style. Even in the West it took decades. A Somali woman will NOT become the head of state for at least a couple of generations. Don't hold your breath for it.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
The illiteracy rate reveals that they are poorly educated and therefore less capable of being political leaders. At least at this stage of Somalia's development. You can't just leapfrog from extreme underdevelopment of Somali women straight to demanding equal political representation a la Western style. Even in the West it took decades. A Somali woman will NOT become the head of state for at least a couple of generations. Don't hold your breath for it.

What's the literacy rate for the men? They are both backwards, slow and uncivilized yet they are running for president. That rate is high for the entire country. If the men can do it so can the woman.

Apollo

VIP
What's the literacy rate for the men? They are both backwards, slow and uncivilized yet they are running for president. That rate is high for the entire country. If the men can do it so can the woman.

Somali men are more literate and if you look up graduation rates of Somali universities it is also mostly men who graduate. With this kind of disparity it is extremely silly to expect a female president.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Somali men are more literate and if you look up graduation rates of Somali universities, it is also mostly men who graduate. With this kind of disparity it is extremely silly to expect a female president.

No it's not silly. We currently have a president who haven't even studied political science or law or anything connected to how you govern a country. A president who most likely has a made up diploma that says he has graduated in technical BS in India. You're claiming that Somali women should not be running for presidency or be a part of a political party because of the illiteracy rates are stupid. The majority of the country can not read or write but can more than likely recite a verse from the Quran. Claiming that the literacy rate is gonna hold back women is also invalid, just look at the current situation we're in. More men can read, men dominate almost everything in Somalia yet nothing has changed.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Welcome back @Amun

I concur, at this stage of our development it would be impossible for a female to become president although I am not personally opposed to the possibility.

In an ideal world, I don't see why I wouldn't support a female president who shares my vision for Somalia.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
Rather have a goat lead Somalia than a Xalimo.:camby: Abu Jamaica will seduce her with an apple on her visit to Kingston while she's busy with him there
the country will be annexed by our enemies. Can't have that can we lads?:mugshotman:

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Puntland will have a female leader in the near future Insha allah and men like @Air Jalam will be forced to bow to her whenever she lands at the airport. :drakekidding:

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
@nucleus what did you disagree with? If you don't mind me asking.

Just the first part about somali men not accepting a somali female president or leader. I don't feel that's true for the people back in somalia. Most are indifferent and focussed on their survival and I genuinely believe the vast majority will be happy with it. Ie: give them a sense of pride.

I just disliked it mainly because people are so demeaning to the people in Somalia. Most of them are more intelligent and the ones who get the opportunity of an education excel. Ive spoken with fobs (young ones) and they have a hunger for success that those who were born and raised here do not, and frankly are a lot smarter. They're also more open minded.

No hard feelings kowdheh I mostly agree with your posts in general :)

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
Rather have a goat lead Somalia than a Xalimo.:camby: Abu Jamaica will seduce her with an apple on her visit to Kingston while she's busy with him there
the country will be annexed by our enemies. Can't have that can we lads?:mugshotman:

No we can't la'

Rather have a goat

:cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley::cryinglaughsmiley:

Hubble

VIP
Just the first part about somali men not accepting a somali female president or leader. I don't feel that's true for the people back in somalia. Most are indifferent and focussed on their survival and I genuinely believe the vast majority will be happy with it. Ie: give them a sense of pride.

I just disliked it mainly because people are so demeaning to the people in Somalia. Most of them are more intelligent and the ones who get the opportunity of an education excel. I speak with fob (young ones) and they have a hunger for success that those who were born and raised here do not, and frankly are a lot smarter. They're also more open minded.

No hard feelings kowdheh I mostly agree with your posts in general :)

I agree with everything you said here. I don't think young people (vast majority of the country) have a issue with a female president and frankly they'd make more pragmatic and kinder leaders than the diaspora who are currently failing Somalia. I was talking about a small but very vocal group of men who again don't represent all men. Today on the news I saw a so called 'elder' claiming to represent Hawiye say that other clans are guests in the capital. Majority of Hawiye young and old don't think like that. But these people will have microphones and cameras put in front of them and I don't know why. When it comes to women's affairs we have to tread lightly too because that certain so called traditional leadership will create problems underground even if they don't specifically say it's because the candidate is a woman they'll stir people up.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Most Somalis are indifferent to whether the leader of Somalia will be a man or woman, except the extreme salafi men. @Amun is right, we currently don't have the infrastructure or political maturity to have this, not because we are culturally against it. Look at the USA, highly advanced country but they had their first non white president in 2008 and they still haven't had a female president yet.

Here in Denmark, Helle Thorning-Schmidt became the first female prime minister in Denmark in 2011. And Denmark is a highly advanced nation where women are in many positions of power and leaderships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts