A day in the life of a PhD in Biomedical Engineering

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
> 29yo,
> Bodybuilder/ weight lifter,
> American Korean origins,
> Ph.D. scientist researcher in New York,
> Promises to not date, nor have a social life (besides work) because of his studies,

TRuly inspirational and dedicated individual.

Siddhartha

future pirate king
VIP
people finish their phd at 25/26 if he was serious about education as he claims he would long be a full fledged academic.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
people finish their phd at 25/26 if he was serious about education as he claims he would long be a full fledged academic.

Kinda easy critic, bitter in some regards.
He did multiple majors simultaneously; Engineering, Neuroscience, Biology, etc.
In the US, for kinds like him, a Ph.D. program can take 5 years.

Postgraduates here in France in Medicine study for at least 7 years (and 12 for certain fields, like Cardiology). Not uncommon to see a 29 years old still in Uni.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I just don’t have those physical or mental capabilities bro.

I don’t have the capacity to have that schedule, lest I jump off the Burj Khalifa.

Same, I did 10h work/ day, and it was so draining!
This guy's a machine tbh

Apollo

VIP

Lol, I know people who delay their study programs by a lot. It especially happens in cheap low tuition Euro countries. People only take up like half the work load and do other stuff on the side and delay graduation that way. It got so bad that they started changing laws to stop the 'eternal student syndrome'.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Lol, I know people who delay their study programs by a lot. It especially happens in cheap low tuition Euro countries. People only take up like half the work load and do other stuff on the side and delay graduation that way. It got so bad that they started changing laws to stop the 'eternal student syndrome'.

Isn't it common with German students that study alternatively and work?

Here we do our studies to the end, straight without a year off (we call it "Année Sabbatique" = Jewish reference of a year off from studies, looking new opportunities outside of school)

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP

There was a lady at my university who had been doing roughly the same degree as me for about 7-8 years. I was confused because it's a 4 year degree and you can honestly be done in 3 if you elect to take more subjects and have high grades. Turns out she was cleverly using her degree to give herself a stable UAE visa source. Just taking 2-4 subjects per year while she worked and did other things on the side.

• Indooyar, strike 1
  • Doesn't meal prep, strike 2
  • Cant even squat two plates, strike 3
Sorry mister Kim, but you're not gna make it lol
It's pretty impressive than he can even maintain a DYEL physique considering his schedule wallahi.

Trending

Latest posts