A day in the life of a Japanese mechanic

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Such attention to quality and detail, such cleanliness in what is supposed to be a filthy place, militant dedication to work, and huge level of respect to their superiors.

:dwill:

GemState

36/21
VIP
Such attention to quality and detail, such cleanliness in what is supposed to be a filthy place, militant dedication to work, and huge level of respect to their superiors.

Very clean and efficient, as you'd expect from Japan.

But the work life balance is non existent there, which is why they got over 2 million people refusing to participate in society, and an aging population crisis due to people not having kids.

It's gonna be interesting to see if they start a large immigration process, probably from poorer Asian countries like the Philippines or Vietnam at first

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
A lot of Japanese people will tell you that there's a dark side and a cost to all this efficiency foreigners like to fawn over. They have a culture of basically living to work rather than working to live which contributes to a lot of loneliness, misery, suicide and plummeting birth and marriage rates. Not to mention many people who just fall out of all this eventually like Hikikomori:

Human beings are not machines.

mr steal your naag

banu hashim and shiettt
VIP

Lol i just saw that vid yesterday. Honnestly i dont expect nothing less from east asians. the beautiful part is that beat cadaans in their own game like economy-development everything

Lol i just saw that vid yesterday. Honnestly i dont expect nothing less from east asians. the beautiful part is that beat cadaans in their own game like economy-development everything

Japan's industrialisation and rapid economic development is nothing short of extraordinary, however, they have the lowest labor productivity levels in the G7.

Source:

Microsoft Japan experimented with a shorter workweek program, called “Work-Life Choice Challenge 2019 Summer.” The company gave its 2,300 employees the opportunity to “choose a variety of flexible work styles, according to the circumstances of work and life.” The goal of management was to see if there would be a corresponding increase in productivity and morale when hours are cut down.

The results of the experiment were extremely positive, indicative that workers were both happier and 40% more productive.

Last edited:

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
A lot of Japanese people will tell you that there's a dark side and a cost to all this efficiency foreigners like to fawn over. They have a culture of basically living to work rather than working to live which contributes to a lot of loneliness, misery, suicide and plummeting birth and marriage rates. Not to mention many people who just fall out of all this eventually like Hikikomori:

Human beings are not machines.
Yup, I watched one like the video @AbdiGaalDoon posted but it’s easy to fawn over “OMG very good work!!11!1!” like some weaboo but then you realize these guys wake up at 6 am to work and then come back at like 7 pm. From there they have at most a couple of hours of free time where they’ll most likely do some more work. They’ll have 1 day free off.

To make things worse there doesn’t seem to be an end goal. I would be ok with it if I did that for a few years and made more money over time while doing less work. But sorry, I won’t work 60 hours a week every week for the next 40 years of my
life.

There’s a fine balance between being a welfare leech with all the time in the day and being a wagecuck who works your whole life.