A close friend and his cousins from Sudan got T-L208!

A close friend of mine from a Sudanese tribe known as zaghawa got a surprising haplogroup that I saw among GX and HJ isaaq T-L208. His cousin did the dna and got T-L208.

Attachments

• IMG-20230618-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0007.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG-20230618-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0006.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG-20230618-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0005.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG-20230618-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0004.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG-20230618-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0003.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG-20230618-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0002.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG-20230618-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230618-WA0001.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 139
A close friend of mine from a Sudanese tribe known as zaghawa got a surprising haplogroup that I saw among GX and HJ isaaq T-L208. His cousin did the dna and got T-L208.
Definitely a different type then the Dir/IsaQ type. Probably got the one we keep seeing in Sudan and two raxanweyne.

His my closest friend, he saw my 23andme results so he took one. He looks like Sudanese Nilotic groups, so it shock me when I learnt his Haplogroup is related to GX and HJ which means he is closer related to them than me even thou I am isaaq!
whats ur subclan inder?

The Saharan Toubou/Gourane people got a lot of haplogroup T as well. It is not the Somali type.
I know the Toubou ethinic groups and i have friends from Chad who is one of Toubou tribes, they are berbers and look like somalis, but zaghawa are Nilotic and totally different group, they live in western to South sudan and Eastern Chad. Whats interesting is out of all my close friends his the least one I would suspect him to have T-L208.

I know the Toubou ethinic groups and i have friends from Chad who is one of Toubou tribes, they are berbers and look like somalis, but zaghawa are Nilotic and totally different group, they live I western to South sudan and Eastern Chad. Whats interesting is out of all my close friends his the least one I would suspect him to have T-L208.
The Toubou are not Berbers but Saharan. They got a pre-historic North African and Saharan mix. I knew a Toubou online and was the first guy who made one take the G25.

His haplogroups were E-V257 and L2a1. There was a study that went into the haplogroup diversity of Toubou.
1690121753869.png

Genetically, I think there is a high possibility that Toubou people carry DNA from the initial Chadic speakers. Toubou today speak Nilo-Saharan. I think before getting that Chadic DNA, they were similar to Zaghawas since they have a substantial amount of shared frequency of Saharan DNA.

The Toubou are not Berbers but Saharan. They got a pre-historic North African and Saharan mix. I knew a Toubou online and was the first guy who made one take the G25.

His haplogroups were E-V257 and L2a1. There was a study that went into the haplogroup diversity of Toubou.
View attachment 284557

Genetically, I think there is a high possibility that Toubou people carry DNA from the initial Chadic speakers. Toubou today speak Nilo-Saharan. I think before getting that Chadic DNA, they were similar to Zaghawas since they have a substantial amount of shared frequency of Saharan DNA.
Some YDNA T was found among the EEF that reached North Africa from Iberia.

Yes T and R in the Sahara must have been mediated by EEF admixed North africans (chadic, pre proto-berber speakers)
It went opposite direction too. From Africa to Europe. R1b-V88 cattle herders from the Near East managed to get to Western Europe via North Africa, probably crossing at Gibraltar. The oldest known R1b-V88 sample in Europe is a 7,100 year-old from the Catalan Pyrenees tested by Haak et al. 2015 and whose autosomal DNA matched that of other Neolithic farmers, without a trace of Steppe ancestry!

We have so many different types of T in Africa. They all had different migration patterns. Some entered via the Sinai, others crossed the Red Sea from Arabia while other crossed from Iberia into North Africa.

I know the Toubou ethinic groups and i have friends from Chad who is one of Toubou tribes, they are berbers and look like somalis, but zaghawa are Nilotic and totally different group, they live in western to South sudan and Eastern Chad. Whats interesting is out of all my close friends his the least one I would suspect him to have T-L208.

The Zaghawa are not Nilotic and they don't reside in South Sudan; the Dinka and Nuer are the Nilo in Nilo-Saharan and the Zaghawa are the Saharan component.

It went opposite direction too. From Africa to Europe. R1b-V88 cattle herders from the Near East managed to get to Western Europe via North Africa, probably crossing at Gibraltar. The oldest known R1b-V88 sample in Europe is a 7,100 year-old from the Catalan Pyrenees tested by Haak et al. 2015 and whose autosomal DNA matched that of other Neolithic farmers, without a trace of Steppe ancestry!
The oldest known R1b-V88 samples are from Eastern European hunter gatherers, they mixed with Anatolian farmers and gave them this lineage which they brought all the way to western Europe then Africa

"The oldest individuals in our reference data carrying R1b-V88 or I2-M223 were Balkan hunter-gatherer and Neolithic individuals, and both haplogroups later appear also in western Neolithic populations"

The oldest known R1b-V88 samples are from Eastern European hunter gatherers, they mixed with Anatolian farmers and gave them this lineage which they brought all the way to western Europe then Africa

"The oldest individuals in our reference data carrying R1b-V88 or I2-M223 were Balkan hunter-gatherer and Neolithic individuals, and both haplogroups later appear also in western Neolithic populations"
Interesting what’s the date of that sample in BCE?

Trending

Latest posts