A Broad Commentary and Interpretive Analysis of Frantz Fanon's Work On Colonialisms Impact on Subjected Peoples

So basically Finance/banking/economics.
Interesting you write like a social
anthropologist/cultural theorist.
No comment. Stop trying to figure me out, alright? It's not good for your health.

I write like what is required. If you check my older geopolitical threads or science channel posts, I will write in a way that serves my objectives.

JackieBurkhart

The years don't matter, the life in those years do
I take it that is a refrence from his other works.

Your pfp reminds me of this:

1685665402411.png

But I can't quite put my finger on what culture your profile picture is derived from.

:damsel:

yes, decolonization... if it is real decolonization requires building an alternative vision to that of the colonial power. however, that is just another reason why studying Islam and seeking Islamic knowledge is so important.

real, genuine anti-colonialism should have Islam as its basis, as Islam should be the basis for the alternative vision that replaces the imposed worldview of the Western colonialists

(I am am assuming we are speaking in the context of third world societies seeking to decolonize from Western colonialism)

I think it is a complete failure for any person or group to declare themselves as "anti-colonialists" but they fail to break from Western ideology. The Marxist-Leninists of the Cold War era (and their remnants today) I think are an example of this. Fidel and other Marxist-Leninists would rail against colonialism constantly but they would just promote their own Western ideology.

I think Dugin is this big Russian patriot and he wants to develop an original vision for Russia but... he sort of wants to build it from scratch based on "Traditionalism".

But it isn't enough just to drive out the remnants of colonialism from your mind by removing Western ideology, it isn't enough just to do this and replace it with something else- that something else that you install in its place must be Islam. Any other ideology is a failure. Islam is the only right basis.

@The alchemist
What do you think of the concept of Negritude, as framed by poet A. Cesaire, mentor of Fanon, who is credited to be the Al Jawayni of Fanon's work?

'At the end of daybreak, the extreme, deceptive desolate eschar on the wound of the waters;
The martyrs who do not bear witness;
The flowers of blood that fade and scatter in the empty wind like the screeches of babbling parrots;
An aged life mendaciously smiling, its lips opened by vacated agonies;
An aged poverty rotting under the sun, silently;

An aged silence bursting with tepid pustules, the awful futility of our raison d'Γͺtre'. A Cesaire.

yes, decolonization... if it is real decolonization requires building an alternative vision to that of the colonial power. however, that is just another reason why studying Islam and seeking Islamic knowledge is so important.

real, genuine anti-colonialism should have Islam as its basis, as Islam should be the basis for the alternative vision that replaces the imposed worldview of the Western colonialists

(I am am assuming we are speaking in the context of third world societies seeking to decolonize from Western colonialism)

I think it is a complete failure for any person or group to declare themselves as "anti-colonialists" but they fail to break from Western ideology. The Marxist-Leninists of the Cold War era (and their remnants today) I think are an example of this. Fidel and other Marxist-Leninists would rail against colonialism constantly but they would just promote their own Western ideology.

I think Dugin is this big Russian patriot and he wants to develop an original vision for Russia but... he sort of wants to build it from scratch based on "Traditionalism".

But it isn't enough just to drive out the remnants of colonialism from your mind by removing Western ideology, it isn't enough just to do this and replace it with something else- that something else that you install in its place must be Islam. Any other ideology is a failure. Islam is the only right basis.
Islam is the solution, that I know.

The thing here is, this was mostly directed at acculturated colonialist-controlled areas, with the book mainly speaking about those French West Indian islands. Those people are fully Westernized, lacking any original disposition, unlike an African nation that can appeal to their deeper history. The reason they used tools from other Western ideologies was that it was the most available to them, on top of it being a wave of change people wanted to take advantage of.

No Western ideology is going to liberate people. Even the word liberate has a sense of "liberalism" in it as if freeing oneself from the shackles of an oppressive system inorexably goes toward liberalism. We live in a strange age where Western Liberalism has nearly touched every society. Every country in the world is structured by some Western political and/or institutional structure or has elements of inspiration from it, or geopolitically contextualized in such a paradigm, forced to compromise their Islamic systemic commitment. One thing I have to say; there might be good things here and there but I mean most of it is pretty bad. You can use a specific interpretive tool that explains a limited thing, but that does not mean the whole system can be based on the extension of that.

@The alchemist
What do you think of the concept of Negritude, as framed by poet A. Cesaire, mentor of Fanon, who is credited to be the Al Jawayni of Fanon's work?

'At the end of daybreak, the extreme, deceptive desolate eschar on the wound of the waters;
The martyrs who do not bear witness;
The flowers of blood that fade and scatter in the empty wind like the screeches of babbling parrots;
An aged life mendaciously smiling, its lips opened by vacated agonies;
An aged poverty rotting under the sun, silently;

An aged silence bursting with tepid pustules, the awful futility of our raison d'Γͺtre'. A Cesaire.
It paints a desolate wretched perspective on the conditions of a colonized subject. No wonder one gets the desperate impulse to rejuvenate one's condition, inspiring Fanon, and I am sure others. The poetic style, delivered well, can be an effective tool to force an individual to reflect on things.

We had respective Gabay and other Somali-specific styles that were effectively used in our ethnic context. Here is one major one:
1685710486819.png

1685710493427.png

The wealth of our "poetic" (I don't like to call it poetry since it is superior and real to the Somali ethnographic cultural and traditional values, not superficial fanciful language. It went into depths of the expressional substance of who we are as people) tools reflect the rich profoundness of language that fed into the everyday changing society, so it enriched people through that expression:
1685710930443.png

1685710938369.png

It paints a desolate wretched perspective on the conditions of a colonized subject. No wonder one gets the desperate impulse to rejuvenate one's condition, inspiring Fanon, and I am sure others. The poetic style, delivered well, can be an effective tool to force an individual to reflect on things.

We had respective Gabay and other Somali-specific styles that were effectively used in our ethnic context. Here is one major one:
View attachment 277086
View attachment 277087

The wealth of our "poetic" (I don't like to call it poetry since it is superior and real to the Somali ethnographic cultural and traditional values, not superficial fanciful language. It went into depths of the expressional substance of who we are as people) tools reflect the rich profoundness of language that fed into the everyday changing society, so it enriched people through that expression:
View attachment 277088
View attachment 277089
Thank you for the reflections.

View attachment 277086
View attachment 277087

View attachment 277088
View attachment 277089

We have such a rich cultural and literary heritage that many of us are sadly cut off from. It should be standard for Somali children to study Somali literature incl. gabay and other poetic forms to preserve and continue this legacy. Thanks for sharing this btw.

We have such a rich cultural and literary heritage that many of us are sadly cut off from. It should be standard for Somali children to study Somali literature incl. gabay and other poetic forms to preserve and continue this legacy. Thanks for sharing this btw.
I talked to a woman from the homeland, and she said they were learning those things. That surprised me. It means there is a growing momentum that will increase as it is integrated into the educational institution. Schooling has an immense influence on people. The majority of our worldview and framework in which we operate comes from those socialization processes. It's crucial to imbue cultural value into those systems so the people are rooted stronger in their rich cultural/traditional historical background.

I talked to a woman from the homeland, and she said they were learning those things. That surprised me. It means there is a growing momentum that will increase as it is integrated into the educational institution. Schooling has an immense influence on people. The majority of our worldview and framework in which we operate comes from those socialization processes.

That's promising. Hopefully we'll see this expand into diaspora communities where this cultural anchor is more pressingly needed.

It's crucial to imbue cultural value into those systems so the people are rooted stronger in their rich cultural/traditional historical background.

Yes, cultural and religious values. Alhamdulillah the two are closely intertwined for us anyway.

Trending

Latest posts