A book that's changed your perspective on life

Status
Not open for further replies.
as the title says..have you read a book that's changed your perspective on life...if so what's the title of the book and why...

1270248.jpg

Philosophy of Religion: an introduction by William L. Rowe

Chapter 7, page 120. It talks about a pointless evil. A fawn has been horribly burned by fire caused by a lightning strike, it suffers terribly for five days before it finally dies. Why would a merciful god permit that fawn's terrible suffering? I couldn't answer nor find a satisfying answer to this puzzling question. Because of this, my faith in Islam crumbled and I became non-religious.

Karim

I could agree with you but then we’d both be wrong
HALYEEY
VIP
View attachment 44640

Chapter 7, page 120. It talks about a pointless evil. A fawn has been horribly burned by fire caused by a lightning strike, it suffers terribly for five days before it finally dies. Why would a merciful god permit that fawn's terrible suffering? I couldn't answer nor find a satisfying answer to this puzzling question. Because of this, my faith in Islam crumbled and I became non-religious.
You left your religion because of a Book written by a White cracker?! You're an idiot.

I wouldn't say it changed my perspective but it was a good read recently.

It's called "The Ethics of Belief and other Essays" by a 19th century philosopher called William Kingdon Clifford.

According to him people have what he calls an epistemic responsibility to not believe things without evidence. I recommend it to Muslims.

View attachment 44640

Your faith crumbled yet the fawns faith stayed intact the whole time...

(Sahih International)
But you thought that the Messenger and the believers would never return to their families, ever, and that was made pleasing in your hearts. And you assumed an assumption of evil and became a people ruined."

-Sura Al-Fath, Ayah 12

Why didn't you find a satisfying answer to the fact that you have a digestive system that keeps you from shooting your pants with door door after you eat foodles

OR that you've been given eyes that allow you to gaze upon your mother's face

Or that he gave you a heart that has tenderness towards children rather than a desire to dismember them

(Sahih International)
And if you should count the favors of Allah, you could not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.

-Sura An-Nahl, Ayah 18

I wouldn't say it changed my perspective but it was a good read recently.

It's called "The Ethics of Belief and other Essays" by a 19th century philosopher called William Kingdon Clifford.

According to him people have what he calls an epistemic responsibility to not believe things without evidence. I recommend it to Muslims.
Yet you believed him without evidence

Yet you believed him without evidence
Would you look at that! You're finally talking to me again without mindless spamming irrelevant quotes. I thought I broke your brain with that ayat I gave you.

It's a philosophical perspective (having epistemic responsibility), not a claim about the nature of the universe in any way. You have no obligation to adopt it. The same way you technically don't have an obligation to be rational in general. It is an interesting read that will make unskeptical people start thinking.

Would you look at that! You're finally talking to me again without mindless spamming irrelevant quotes. I thought I broke your brain with that ayat I gave you.

It's a philosophical perspective (having epistemic responsibility), not a claim about the nature of the universe in any way. You have no obligation to adopt it. The same way you technically don't have an obligation to be rational in general. It is an interesting read that will make unskeptical people start thinking.
Yet you adopted it simply because it was validated by the white prophets of your dajjalic religion

Are you saying you don't have epistemic responsibility? Literally all it means is believing in only things you have evidence for.
(Sahih International)
I will turn away from My signs those who are arrogant upon the earth without right; and if they should see every sign, they will not believe in it. And if they see the way of consciousness, they will not adopt it as a way; but if they see the way of error, they will adopt it as a way. That is because they have denied Our signs and they were heedless of them.

-Sura Al-A'raf, Ayah 146

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts