A book, "Digital Diasporas: Identity and Transnational Engagement", mentions somnet and Basra

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I found this in the basra introduction and thought it deserved it's own thread. It starts off like this
1611153294098.png

interesting statistics, I wonder how much of this holds true in sspot as well.

1611153364150.png

Starts off nice and wholesome right? Just wait, it gets worse.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
after basra welcomed back that girl, somehow....

1611153577167.png

:mjkkk::mjkkk:

1611153739316.png

:damn::damn::damn:

1611153820669.png

and it just keeps going lol.

Finally, the author compares somnet and Afghanistanonline. Two digital diasporas, and you can clearly tell which website the author found more pleasant and civil to be in :kendrickcry:

1611154054801.png

1611154113098.png

Even the author is confused as to why "somalinimo" is "variously supported and questioned as a concept."

If you want to read the full book, here it is.

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The author is: Jennifer M. Brinkerhoff, Professor Public Administration and International Affairs
1611154337120.png

poor jennifer :ohlord:

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
You could read the disdain and scorn in her writing when she mentioned the racism 💀

Tsk tsk. Doesn't she know it's racist to judge minorities? I try not be offended when Madowweyne speak against us. We have all the power. Might as well let them sling verbal mud around in peace, even at each other. No harm. No etiquette with these Cadaans, wallahi.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I found this in the basra introduction and thought it deserved it's own thread. It starts off like this
View attachment 167006

interesting statistics, I wonder how much of this holds true in sspot as well.

View attachment 167007
Starts off nice and wholesome right? Just wait, it gets worse.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
after basra welcomed back that girl, somehow....

View attachment 167010
:mjkkk::mjkkk:

View attachment 167011

:damn::damn::damn:

View attachment 167012

and it just keeps going lol.

Finally, the author compares somnet and Afghanistanonline. Two digital diasporas, and you can clearly tell which website the author found more pleasant and civil to be in :kendrickcry:

View attachment 167013
View attachment 167014

Even the author is confused as to why "somalinimo" is "variously supported and questioned as a concept."

If you want to read the full book, here it is.

"Some express their pride in contrasting their identity from African Americans, while relying on racist epithets; others are at times similarly racist in identifying with African American ghetto culture;

How is it racist to identify with American culture? I think she is the racist one to call it 'African American ghetto culture" instead of just plain African American culture.

loooooooooooooooooool

Caaro

2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
"Some express their pride in contrasting their identity from African Americans, while relying on racist epithets; others are at times similarly racist in identifying with African American ghetto culture;

How is it racist to adapt a culture? I think she is the racist to call it 'African American ghetto culture"

loooooooooooooooooool
Yeah I have no idea how it’s racist to identify with african america “ghetto” culture. :yloezpe:

She just seems to hate both sides of the spectrum I guess. I’m also confused why she called african american culture ghetto.

I think all that time on somnet got to her lol

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Yeah I have no idea how it’s racist to identify with african america “ghetto” culture. :yloezpe:

She just seems to hate both sides of the spectrum I guess. I’m also confused why she called african american culture ghetto.

I think all that time on somnet got to her lol

Geeljires... Awakening the inner Nazi in Cadaans with their mooryaan influence.

:silanyosmile:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Jennifer M. Brinkerhoff
Jennifer M. Brinkerhoff is an Associate Professor of Public Administration and International Affairs at the George Washington University. She holds a Ph.D. in public administration from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles and an MPA from the Monterey Institute of International Studies. She consults for multilateral development banks, bilateral assistance agencies, NGOs, and foundations. Combining her research with this work, she published Partnership for International Development: Rhetoric or Results? (2002), as well as three co-edited journal issues and more than forty-five articles and book chapters on topics ranging from evaluation to NGOs, failed states, governance, and diasporas. She is the editor of Diasporas and Development: Exploring the Potential (2008). She also … more

She published her work in 2002 so i would say the forums content were either 2001 or 2002 not 98 lol

Trending

Latest posts