90s rap classics appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that thinks tupacs shit, he has a few good songs but nothing that's greatness. If he didn't die he wouldn't have reached the perceived goat status.

:kodaksmiley: Tupac was goat status before he even died

He was more than a rapper
He isn't even my top 20 , so many underrated 90s artists that don't get the same limelight because they didn't get smoked. Fair enough he did speak on social issues and that connection with the listener is why I think people gravitated to him. When you rank him purely on lyrics/flow he's subpar to other rappers .

He isn't even my top 20 , so many underrated 90s artists that don't get the same limelight because they didn't get smoked. Fair enough he did speak on social issues and that connection with the listener is why I think people gravitated to him. When you rank him purely on lyrics/flow he's subpar to other rappers .
Hey I agree there was a shit load of great artists in the 90s however it's not just about the music. There's a recipe to being goat. Tupac had it all he knew how to connect with his listeners, talk to the media, carry himself and promote social justice. I mean yea he can't flow like biggie but there's nothing subpar about his lyrics. Why you think people gravitate towards Kendrick it's never just about the music you need to have something that makes you stand out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts