700 Somalis being abused and dying in Saudi jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samira

Illuminated Xalimo
https://horseedmedia.net/2016/02/05/somalia-700-somalis-in-saudi-jails-face-dire-conditions/

About 700 Somalis are being held in dire conditions at prisons in Saudi Arabia, according to one of the detainees.

The prisoners said they lack sufficient food, water and medical treatment, after being arrested for living in the gulf country illegally.

Among the 700 detained are 400 women and children.

‘’Most of them are in a very serious and dire condition requesting for help as soon as possible. The jail guards are mistreating us so badly,’’ said Ahmed Mohamed, one of the detainees speaking to the VOA Somali Service through phone.

One of the detainees, a Somali boy, died due to a lack of medical care.

He added that they have been without access to legal or diplomatic representation. With the conditions in the jail worsening, he called on Somalia’s Federal government intervention.

‘’We urge our government and authorities to obtain our release as soon as possible. We want to leave this country.’’

Facing limited job prospects and harsh economic realities back home, large numbers of Somali men and women head to the oil- and gas-rich Arabian Peninsula every year seeking work.

After reaching the gulf country, many face physical and mental abuse, menial pay, discrimination and poor working conditions.

Since January 2014, more than 12,000 Somalis have also been deported. Human Rights Watch (HRW) reported that Somalis were prevented from filing for refugee status, even though they were deported to war-torn Somalia. Earlier this year, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees reported that Somali refugees still needed international protection and called on all host countries to stop forcibly repatriating Somalis.

Recently, Somalia’s Federal government reached an agreement with the Saudi officials to send 1500 maids to the Kingdom, a deal heavily criticized by Somalis.

McD30

Bored to death
And our fuckboi "president" wants to send 50K more. I fucking hate Saudi, I hope their oil runs out in my lifetime so I can see the aftermath first hand.

WBerSyp.jpg

Hubble

VIP
This country refuses to let women drive and also bans sidewalks so women can't get around on their own. If that's how they treat their mothers and daughters what in God's name do you expect for yourself, a foreigner? Plus you're black and their culumaa said black women are too ugly to wear niqab and that the people in hell are all black. I don't know why Hassan Sheikh isn't being frog marched before a firing squad for the maid saga.

This country refuses to let women drive and also bans sidewalks so women can't get around on their own. If that's how they treat their mothers and daughters what in God's name do you expect for yourself, a foreigner? Plus you're black and their culumaa said black women are too ugly to wear niqab and that the people in hell are all black. I don't know why Hassan Sheikh isn't being frog marched before a firing squad for the maid saga.

There's a special place in Hell waiting for men such as Hassan Sheikh. He's an absolute degenerate to the highest degree.

Hubble

VIP
He's the most shameless and shameful Somali in existence. I don't think we'll ever live his presidency down. The bowing to dead rapists, the dayusnimo of selling our young women into slavery, his inability to do one single task in his job but refusing to hand the position to someone competent. I could go on all day. The drinking tea and giggling in a spot where the blood remained on the wall following a bombing and shooting spree by terrorists is one for the ages. No one has ever sunk that low.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
I'm convinced Hassan Sheikh is a notch below brain dead. The only reason you have Somalis fleeing to hell holes like Saudi is because Somalia is a failure, that is incapable of ensuring the safety of it's people or giving stiff penalties to Saudi Arabia. Somalia takes money from them it makes no demands because it's handicapped. SMH

Hubble

VIP
Somalia isn't the failure. The people fleeing are Somalis and they work shitty jobs to support their families. They'd remain in Somalia if the leadership secured the country and didn't steal all the wealth.

paragon

Somalia isn't the failure. The people fleeing are Somalis and they work shitty jobs to support their families. They'd remain in Somalia if the leadership secured the country and didn't steal all the wealth.

Hence, Somalia is a failure. People would not have to tahriib if it could provide jobs and opportunities for them.

Hubble

VIP
The leadership are the failures. Somalia is just people and land at the end of the day. The land can't be a failure and the people are being robbed of their opportunity to succeed.

I don't blame only the leadership.

The culture needs changing for there.

Most Somalis dont want to change their situation. They should be asking their diaspora families for loans so they can start a business instead of next month's food and rent.

paragon

The leadership are the failures. Somalia is just people and land at the end of the day. The land can't be a failure and the people are being robbed of their opportunity to succeed.

Read what I said again. A failure of a nation can't even provide opportunities for it's people to thrive. Instead, they must risk their lives or make themselves vulnerable in foreign lands, which is even worse in countries with poor human rights record. There are many nations that meet this criteria.

Hubble

VIP
I don't think you know how countries and nations work. If you removed leadership from America it would very quickly fall into chaos and people would find themselves unemployed and stuck in a major rut.

No leader is this retarded though. I'm sure he's being strongarmed into doing these things, and if he doesn't he'll be killed and replaced. Either way may Allah help them

Hubble

VIP

Most Somalis dont want to change their situation. They should be asking their diaspora families for loans so they can start a business instead of next month's food and rent.

It's primarily the fault of the leaders. If you don't have local police, a prison etc but an abundance of weaponry it becomes too dangerous to run a business. In the South people rarely leave their homes.

paragon

I don't think you know how countries and nations work. If you removed leadership from America it would very quickly fall into chaos and people would find themselves unemployed and stuck in a major rut.

Why are you offended that I called Somalia a failure? It has been for decades. I'm for balkanization or at least a de-centralized form of government.

You have no right to speak on behalf of Somali culture you Atheist Khaniis boy. Stick to waving the rainbow flag and stay out of issues that don't concern you.

You don't give a shit about our Somali brothers and frankly you look down on them, as you've said so on this forum many times.

Hassan Sheikh is not stupid him and his cronies know what they are doing, most of the elite want to take what they can get out of Somalia and leave as soon as the house burns down. They couldn't give a rats ass not even for their own clansmen.

Last edited:

I Disagree on the unemployment part , America has a huge private sector and make up the majority of the economic desicions. They also have absoulute economic freedom afforded to the private sector.

While in Somalia before the civil war mostly nationalized and most businesses & jobs were governmental owned and many relied on the public sector to aquire work. Almost non existent private sector and very little freedom afforded to it. So when the state collapsed many automatically went in to unemployment because the state was the work provider. If the American state collapses today many will still be in employment because of the private sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending