7 of the best OIL&GAS blocks for Somalia's FIRST ever licensing round has started

The areas on offer are Blocks 152, 153, 164, 165, 177, 178 and 204, the minister said.

Once blocks have been awarded, production-sharing agreements will be negotiated and signed.

Mogadishu sees revenues from the hydrocarbon sector as a catalyst for the economy to become dynamic and self sustaining, the official said.

Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South West State and Jubaland is where the 7 oil blocks are located.

Last edited:
Somalia’s Petroleum Law was officially ratified in February this year. This legislation set out how revenues from hydrocarbons would be distributed, between the federal government, the states and local communities.

Ahmed cited the successful test of the revenue sharing agreement seen following payments from Shell and ExxonMobil for historic licences in the East African country.

The law “provides the optimum framework to create interest in the 2020 bid round.

Last edited:
Where are those blocks located? Galmudug?
Hirshabelle and Galmudug but also one in JL and one in SWS

The areas on offer are Blocks 152, 153, 164, 165, 177, 178 and 204, the minister said.

51708319_2040574096028821_3810170938318651392_n-1.jpg

130+ International investors attended the Licensing Round ,

With Jubaland in the list. It looks like they will get rid of Madoobe and take back the state by next year.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
I don't believe there is any oil in Somalia, let us stop this fake news, if there was any type of oil underneath Somalia trust me we wouldn't be in this state we are in, the western superpowers would have fixed Somalia already to extract the minerals and we would have a stable government at least, trust me there is no oil or any impressive minerals in that cursed country of Somalia, keep hallucinating on a non existing minerals because the truth is there there is not that much in there if there is any.

:manny:

I'm against this xoolonimo these scumbags are giving our resources away

if oil prices are still negative these can get everything for free?

questions I want to ask is:
1. are these concessions, ownership or rental?
2. what percentage does the government get?
3. how many years will these agreements last

I don't believe there is any oil in Somalia, let us stop this fake news, if there was any type of oil underneath Somalia trust me we wouldn't be in this state we are in, the western superpowers would have fixed Somalia already to extract the minerals and we would have a stable government at least, trust me there is no oil or any impressive minerals in that cursed country of Somalia, keep hallucinating on a non existing minerals because the truth is there there is not that much in there if there is any.

Oh " Woke " one enlighten us about more things we didnt know.
Im sorry but i am not as woke as you.
Is there more we should know?

Enlighten us :feedme:

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Once blocks have been awarded, production-sharing agreements will be negotiated and signed.

Mogadishu sees revenues from the hydrocarbon sector as a catalyst for the economy to become dynamic and self sustaining, the official said.

Galmudug, Hirshabelle, South West State and Jubaland is where the 7 oil blocks are located.
Good. May these states become the richest and most peaceful states.

Al shabaab needs to be wiped out first.

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
Oh " Woke " one enlighten us about more things we didnt know.
Im sorry but i am not as woke as you.
Is there more we should know?

Enlighten us :feedme:

There is no oil in Somalia sxb, do you think MSB would be begging for donations if there was this much of oil underneath our country? Somalia was explored multiple times and no oil was spotted, keep day dreaming and making claims when we have little to nothing.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP

Haters gonna hate.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Some ppl are angry either becaus they are salty ass arabs that are predicted to run out by 2034 or habesha and kenyans that know a strong somali state regardless of the region backed wiht oil wealth could take over their land in one week.

We also have more oil than in galbeed so naturally we have ethiopia checkmated. We will have unlimited oil for war and weapons if they ever try us in the future. Wars require alot of oil and we have tons in our ocean. Which is why abiy is kissing our ass and telling his historic ally to get lost.

Oromos know they need us. Amharas and tigray are still under the delusion they can keep somalia weak.

@Manafesto festo Go cry me a river will ya.

Even the USA had to stop slow walking us because either turkey or russia and china would get our rich resources.

When it comes to our near-peer competitors such as China and Russia, one of the things they’re focused on is the resources that are coming from East Africa. Because if you look at the future, the biggest repository of rare earth minerals, heavy metals, is East Africa. That’s the future. All your cell phones, all your future high-tech weapons, all those materials can be found in Africa, and mainly East Africa. That’s why these U.S. competitors are there; that’s why we need to look at the continent. What do global competitors want in Africa? You think they care about Africa? Forget it. They do not care. What they want is resources. Why? Because resources are the key to their own economic development.

Manafesto

VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
@Yahya

Do you know they said Dharoor Valley in PL has most oil and after three years of exploration nothing was found beside water, go ahead and believe in fake maps made by N&N to boast your moral, at the end of the day there is no oil in Somalia.

Puntland-Oil.jpg

CF7F4258-B45B-48FC-BCB9-E9BF9C4D78B0.jpg

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
@Yahya

Do you know they said Dharoor Valley in PL has most oil and after three years of exploration nothing was found beside water, go ahead and believe in fake maps made by N&N to boast your moral, at the end of the day there is no oil in Somalia.

Puntland-Oil.jpg

CF7F4258-B45B-48FC-BCB9-E9BF9C4D78B0.jpg
Mate your talking out your ass. So these companies paid money to explore, claimed they found oil and are prepared to invest millions for a licence just so they can drill salty water........right?

It's like sometimes i feel like i'm surrounded by kids on this site.

:gucciwhat: :patrice:

I'm against this oil thing. I feel like we should keep it as reserves and not drill it. We don't want to ruin our sea environment. We have the longest coastline in africa. Lets develop our fishing industry.