66 y/o somali scientist discovers new animal species which has now been named after him

A 66 y/o Somali scientist has discovered a new species of scorpion which has been named after him

_115212801_scorpion2.jpg

The scorpion species (named Pandinurus awalei) was found in Somaliland by Ahmed Ibrahim Awale, who has dedicated "decades of work in conservation and environmental protection"

Awale is very proud of his achievement & he believes the new discovery will inspire many young Somali scientists
"for many young people here, it will encourage them to know that this species is named after Awale - after all Awale is a Somali"

maa sha Allah :qri8gs7: :qri8gs7:

Last edited:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
They didn't exactly name after him. First, it is not his name alone. Second, they altered "awale" into Itialian sounding "Awalei" so sit down waryaa

They didn't exactly name after him. First, it is not his name alone. Second, they altered "awale" into Itialian sounding "Awalei" so sit down waryaa

stop hating eedo kkkk

he is 66 years old & making significant contribution to scientific research worldwide

meanwhile, you are 66 years old & trolling on sspot :bell:

Apparently a few other species have been found in Somalia but named after Cadaans and this is the first one to be named after a Somali so this has exposed a big L.

I wish they would make it law so that whatever is found in Somalia MUST be named after us one way or another.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I read this article not long ago. Props to the adeer, hope more Somali's get into zoology.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Cold-blooded animals like scorpions, spiders, reptiles etc. are generally drawn to hotter climates, so it's not surprise that SL/North Somalia(especially the Guban desert) is hotspot for those animals.

Many Somalis have animal names/nicknames, but barely any Somali animals are named after Somalis...this is certainly new, lol. That feeling when a scorpion species is doing abtirsi to your name loool.

Cawaale is so lucky, pun intended. Hopefully, the next lucky person is me, the one with the female version of his name, Cawo. 🥴

I like reptiles(birds included here) and plants so there better be some new species named after me in the near future, inshallah, ameen. :silanyosmile:

Trending

Latest posts