$500 million Oil Refinery was going to be built in Mogadishu but was cancelled after the collapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farm

VIP
At the time Somalia had a small oil refinery NE of Barawe (which use to refine mainly Saudi oil) that had the capacity to refine 10,000 barrels a day.

f10KKWl.jpg

This $500 million investment would probably have been Somalia’s largest investment in its history.

http://countrystudies.us/somalia/63.htm

@Bohol @Reiko @Abdalla @Saalax Bidaar @GBTarmy @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman @Armadillo @MSGA @Karim @Poets @Cognitivedissonance
@Crow

Last edited:
At the time Somalia had a small oil refinery NE of Barawe (which use to refine mainly Saudi oil) that had the capacity to refine 10,000 barrels a day.

f10KKWl.jpg

This $500 million investment would probably have been Somalia’s largest investment in its history.

http://countrystudies.us/somalia/63.htm

@Bohol @Reiko @Abdalla @Saalax Bidaar @GBTarmy @Boqor Quark Boqor Cisman @Armadillo @MSGA @Karim @Poets @Cognitivedissonance
@Crow
A country with a lot of potential and deals in the making has been turned into the laughing stalk of the world. A tragic turn of events to say the least.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
An oil refinery of this size combined with our massive oil reserves (which were being explored back then) would have made us as wealthy as the gulf states.
:ivers:
I have noticed that a ton of development was in the works during the Kacaan's final years. The question is, why didn't Siad Barre do this all earlier?

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
An oil refinery of this size combined with our massive oil reserves (which were being explored back then) would have made us as wealthy as the gulf states.
I have noticed that a ton of development was in the works during the Kacaan's final years. The question is, why didn't Siad Barre do this all earlier?
The 1977 war crippled our economy, Somalia was just recovering when the war hitm

Cognitivedissonance

A sane man to an insane society must appear insane
Stay WOKE
VIP
Alhamdulillah that did not happen otherwise siad bare communist dictatorship would still be governing somalia and somalia would be a atheist country worshipping Leon Trotsky and karl marx

Alhamdulillah that did not happen otherwise siad bare communist dictatorship would still be governing somalia and somalia would be a atheist country worshipping Leon Trotsky and karl marx
I think it would have changed. Progressing financially and the religion would change after a while.

What oil reserves? seriously i haven't heard anything since the oil block event and that has been postponed. Anything gained from this should be used to improve infrastructure but knowing farmaajo that won't happen.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
I think it would have changed. Progressing financially and the religion would change after a while.
Siad barre dictatorship killed many scholars (dagaalka sheikyaasha) just before the civil war that was the straw that broke the camels back thats why the kacan dictatorship fell.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Lakiin ilhan is doing good right
Which islamic scholars has ilhan killed?

So far saudia arabia and Israel are amongst her enemies so I would say she’s doing just fine exposing those apartheid regimes your political view is narrow try broadening your horizon surely you don’t see gay rights in Minnesota as being more pressing than al aqsa in Jerusalem and Mecca and Medina mosques?

Ihan should be commended for exposing the tyrannical regime in saudia and apartheid state of Israel let’s give her credit where credit is due

Which islamic scholars has ilhan killed?

So far saudia arabia and Israel are amongst her enemies so I would say she’s doing just fine exposing those apartheid regimes your political view is narrow try broadening you horizon surely you don’t see gay rights in Minnesota as being more pressing than al aqsa in Jerusalem and Mecca and Medina mosques?

Ihan should be commended for exposing the tyrannical regime in saudia and apartheid state of Israel let’s give her credit where credit is due
The sheekhs that siad barre executed would have made takfiir on her. Ka waran.

Cognitivedissonance

Stay WOKE
VIP
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.