49th anniversary of written Somali language

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
I don’t agree with the ugly ass Latin script but at least we can write :ehh:
better than writing in english, italian, amaharic or arabic, we have our own written language and the latin letters isn't something to be ashamed of hundreds of nations across the globe use it and to be honest it originates from ancient greek which got it from ancient kemet, so it is actually our cousins who first made this script.

reer

VIP
better than writing in english, italian, amaharic or arabic, we have our own written language and the latin letters isn't something to be ashamed of hundreds of nations across the globe use it and to be honest it originates from ancient greek which got it from ancient kemet, so it is actually our cousins who first made this script.
i would rather use arabic since we joined the arab league. the uyghurs solved their vowel issue with the arabic script by making a few changes.
using latin for af somali was ugly but practical because we were in the era of typewriters but we should change it.

Som

VIP
i would rather use arabic since we joined the arab league. the uyghurs solved their vowel issue with the arabic script by making a few changes.
using latin for af somali was ugly but practical because we were in the era of typewriters but we should change it.
We already have a litteracy problem, changing the whole script again will make it worse

reer

VIP
We already have a litteracy problem, changing the whole script again will make it worse
I don’t agree with the ugly ass Latin script but at least we can write :ehh:

ا آ a
ې i
ݵ e
ٿ o
ݖ u

use these for writing for vowels. problem solved.

latin cons:
1. have to be able to read two scripts. arabic when reading Quran and latin everywhere else.
2. the language will be less preserved and more susceptible to change. tajikistan writes tajik persian in cryillic they still havent erased colonial russian language.
3. harder to conduct business with the muslim countries nearer to us than malaysia and indonesia.

latin benefits:
1.makes learning english easier
2.makes european languages easier to read
3.closer to english

arabic cons:
1.have to instill extra discipline when reading Quran
2. trading with bantus is harder. swahili uses latin.

arabic pros:
1. no need to learn two scripts. only one with some changes. easier to read and learn Quran.
2. easier to trade with pakistan and middle east. persian urdu arabic are one MAIN script.
3. preserve the language. reading less latin means less englishification.

true

Trending