4 Somali Day cares shut down and after reading the center's name...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchess

HRH Duchess of Puntland, The Viscount of Garoowe
VIP
Balding with a booming laugh, the father of four is one of the first people reporters call after parachuting into Minneapolis from places like Los Angeles, New York, or even Dubai.

"When they call us, we don't say, 'Why do you call us?'" Jamal said. "I'm a Somali person. I'm entitled to speak on Somali issues. Equally, every other Somali individual is entitled. If they choose not to do so, it's not my fault."

But his command of the spotlight has infuriated his critics. Many assumed he would be deported -- or at least his star would fade -- after a jury convicted him of lying to immigration officials four years ago.

Jamal left Somalia when he was young. On his U.S. asylum application in 1998, Jamal marked "no" when asked if had been granted asylum in any other country, when in fact, he had received the equivalent of permanent status in Canada.

Jamal was sentenced to one year of probation. The conviction was supposed to trigger his deportation case. A spokeswoman for the Executive Office for Immigration Review said she could not comment on Jamal's case because there was a "do not disclose" clause on the file.

Jamal said the case is pending. "I'm still around," he said.

http://www.mprnews.org/story/2009/04/24/omar_jamal

menace

President - Sexaholics Anonymous, Ohio chapter
VIP
14ad4kp.jpg

:banderas::kobeok::lolbron::mjpls::mjswag::whoa::whoa:

Liibaan

And seek help in patience and prayers
I hope Somali community in MN doesn't get tainted by the acts of few greedy ones.

Omar Jamal is a somali version of an uncle tom. The go to guy for the right wing when They want to blast us in the media.

Freebandz

MONEY TEAM
Apparently my older sister was involved in one of these day care and knew the other 2:cryinglaughsmiley:I told the family the government will eventually find out but nope:cryinglaughsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts