3,100 yr old remains from Tanzania resemble modern Cushites/Horners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
nah bro, 2 hours ago. This gotta be one of you niggas. :drakekidding::pachah1:
Nah, its the same account that keeps getting banned again and again and they pop up with new account. Type bantu puntland or bantu somaliland or bantu mogadishu and you will see what i mean :pachah1:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Is there an awareness of being 'Cushitic' among the so-called 'Cushites'?

Why yes. You would be part-Bantu by now if there wasn't. I suppose on a subconscious level there is some 'understanding'. You, anonimo can be our Minister of Propaganda. Spread the word to the masses.

Last edited:
Why yes. You would be part-Bantu by now if there wasn't. I suppose on a subconscious level there is some 'understanding'. You, anonimo can be our Minister of Propaganda. Spread the word to the masses.

Back in the Fatherland, there is a realisation of belonging to a Qabil and the Somali ethnic group. Yes, there is an identification with people who resemble us such as the Xabasha and Oromo. However, 'Cushitic' is an alien ethnic label.

The Bantu Menace is being blown out of proportion. I am prejudiced like most Somalis when it comes to miscegenation, however, I believe we should not promote a 'Final Solution' to make Somalia 'pure'.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Back in the Fatherland, there is a realisation of belonging to a Qabil and the Somali ethnic group. Yes, there is an identification with people who resemble us such as the Xabasha and Oromo. However, 'Cushitic' is an alien ethnic label.

The Bantu Menace is being blown out of proportion. I am prejudiced like most of Somalis when it comes to miscegenation, however, I believe we should not promote a 'Final Solution' to make Somalia 'pure'.

Call the label foreign. It's a nice way to classify them into a group. You need a name to advance an agenda so it serves its purpose. Perhaps, you're not thinking long-term enough.:yacadiim:

Call the label foreign. It's a nice way to classify them into a group. You need a name to advance an agenda so it serves its purpose. Perhaps, you're not thinking long-term enough.:yacadiim:

The fact that more than one third of Cushitic speaking people are not Muslim, makes it a hard sell in the Fatherland. Moreover, the autosomnal DNA of Cushitic ethnic groups such as the Oromo and Beja falls short of the standard set by the Chief Wizard (Amun) :icon lol: of the CKC (Cushitic Klux Clan). I am afraid this supremacist movement is a non-starter.

Apollo

VIP
The native Negroid population of Somalia never spoke Bantu and have an origin in the Central Sudan.

You are such a liar. There are no native ''Negroids'' to Somalia. Severe ''Negroid'' features come from Bantu admixture when it is present in the Horn. Studies already have shown that there is Swahili/Bantu admixture present in ''Boni/Boon'' hunter-gathers of South Somalia, and it will be the same for all those other groups who look 'exotic'.

Ethnic Somalis are the baseline of what is native to Somalia.

upload_2017-11-15_8-22-16.jpeg
I don't think anybody actually read the article. It's mostly about the southern displacement of the San and the pastoralist Khoe migration through Tanzania, spreading ancestry from northeastern to southern Africa. Yellow on the bar graph is Khoisan. Note the comparison of Oromo and Somali to the right, and the mix in the Sandawe and Nama populations. We know from other articles that the Khoe brought Levantine sheep through Ethiopia to South Africa.

"Summary

We assembled genome-wide data from 16 prehistoric Africans. We show that the anciently divergent lineage that comprises the primary ancestry of the southern African San had a wider distribution in the past, contributing approximately two-thirds of the ancestry of Malawi hunter-gatherers ∼8,100–2,500 years ago and approximately one-third of the ancestry of Tanzanian hunter-gatherers ∼1,400 years ago. We document how the spread of farmers from western Africa involved complete replacement of local hunter-gatherers in some regions, and we track the spread of herders by showing that the population of a ∼3,100-year-old pastoralist from Tanzania contributed ancestry to people from northeastern to southern Africa, including a ∼1,200-year-old southern African pastoralist. The deepest diversifications of African lineages were complex, involving either repeated gene flow among geographically disparate groups or a lineage more deeply diverging than that of the San contributing more to some western African populations than to others. We finally leverage ancient genomes to document episodes of natural selection in southern African populations."

Apollo

VIP
I don't think anybody actually read the article. It's mostly about the southern displacement of the San and the pastoralist Khoe migration through Tanzania, spreading ancestry from northeastern to southern Africa. Yellow on the bar graph is Khoisan. Note the comparison of Oromo and Somali to the right, and the mix in the Sandawe and Nama populations. We know from other articles that the Khoe brought Levantine sheep through Ethiopia to South Africa.

Already from decade old studies on E1b1b1b2b2a1 (M293) it was obvious that the Khoisan were contacted by Northeast African pastoralists.

Already from decade old studies on E1b1b1b2b2a1 (M293) it was obvious that the Khoisan were contacted by Northeast African pastoralists.

So please explain to me how the Khoe resemble modern Cushites/Horners. Are you talking about the Cushitic violet in the Nama?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending