GENETICS 23andme offering free Genetic DNA test

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?
Warya stop beging to these carabs . We were never under omani rule or their "supervision".

:camby:

Why would I beg to Arabs when we have a prouder history and culture.

But it is true that we were under the Omani Sultanate for 20 years or so...

By 1892, Mogadishu was under the joint control of the Somali Sultanate of the Geledi and the Omani Sultanate of Zanzibar.[27] The Geledi Sultans were at the height of their power. They dominated the southern ivory trade, and also held sway over the Jubba and Shebelle valleys in the hinterland.

TheLibertarianQuiche

This is pushing it.
At most the kingdom covered most of Eritrea and northern Ethiopia and only colonised parts of Yemen and SA for a 100 years or so. Nothing as much as most people exaggerate it.

Most of our interactions came from the the Kingdom of D'mot and Yemens Saba. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dʿmt
This is when all the languages in the area started arising and the script.

I said it was debatable due to lack of cartography in that region in that period of time. There are conflicting reports that some Somali inhabited lands were under the Axum empire.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Let me clarify my position:

Somalis are mostly if not entirely Cushite, however I believe that Daarod was an Arab from Yemen (maybe). That is negligible due to centuries of intermixing to the extent we cannot call ourselves Arab anymore.

I do not believe we are Arab but that we have some however small Arab ancestry, due to Darod and Arab migration.

I just am pretty angry with those people who want discredit Darod as he didn't exist. Yes you might be 99% Cushite but that other 1% is probably Arab. That doesn't mean we are Arab.

I said it was debatable due to lack of cartography in that region in that period of time. There are conflicting reports that some Somali inhabited lands were under the Axum empire.

You can't just make things up like that and blame it on lack of cartography...
Axum was just Eritrea and Northern Ethiopia, and that's what inscriptions prove. Since when did you guys claim Aksum:icon rolleyes:

TheLibertarianQuiche

You can't just make things up like that and blame it on lack of cartography...
Axum was just Eritrea and Northern Ethiopia, and that's what inscriptions prove. Since when did you guys claim Aksum:icon rolleyes:

I don't claim Axum but I brought it up as a debatable prospect.

Let me clarify my position:

Somalis are mostly if not entirely Cushite, however I believe that Daarod was an Arab from Yemen (maybe). That is negligible due to centuries of intermixing to the extent we cannot call ourselves Arab anymore.

I do not believe we are Arab but that we have some however small Arab ancestry, due to Darod and Arab migration.

I just am pretty angry with those people who want discredit Darod as he didn't exist. Yes you might be 99% Cushite but that other 1% is probably Arab. That doesn't mean we are Arab.
The reason why the Darood and Isaaq stories are discredited quite often is because our history has been passed down to us orally. Therefore, theres a high probability that none of these individuals ever existed cause theres no written records to back up these claims.

TheLibertarianQuiche

The reason why the Darood and Isaaq stories are discredited quite often is because our history has been passed down to us orally. Therefore, theres a high probability that none of these individuals ever existed cause theres no written records to back up these claims.

There is his grave however.

Somalis should put money together to do a DNA test on his remains. It seems this debate will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.