GENETICS 23andme offering free Genetic DNA test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I love how revisionist Somalis are trying to deny centuries of links between Omani, Yemenis and Somalis. You can tell they have Somali in them and you can see that some of us have Arab in us. I don't care about you laakin Darod shouldn't forget where they came from.

Dude take the test and shut the f*ck up. I have seen a grand total of one Somali with J1, probably ancient as shit anyway and he was still overwhelmingly Somali.. Every single other Somali has been pretty much identical.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Dude take the test and shut the f*ck up. I have seen a grand total of one Somali with J1, probably ancient as shit anyway and he was still overwhelmingly Somali.. Every single other Somali has been pretty much identical.

Unbelieve sxb, this mutt is trying to tell us we have some mythical connection with these Yemenis and Omanis :mjlol:, when in reality its insignificant or near zero.

Unbelieve sxb, this mutt is trying to tell us we have some mythical connection with these Yemenis and Omanis :mjlol:, when in reality its insignificant or near zero.

Darod come from Yemen. There's no denying this. Just because a few Oromo sheegatos failed the DNA test does not discredit a near millennium of heritage and lineage. Trust me when I say it is absolutely in your best interest as beesha Hawiye in the long run that you deny this kumbaya fantasy of one Somali.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Quintessentially negroid: Your problem?

I can't take it you fucking idiot. First I live in Australia and second my mother doesn't come any of the countries listed.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Wasn't Mogadishu part of the Omani empire??

Omani-Empire-1856-Map.png

Kulahaa mythical connections :camby:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Darod come from Yemen. There's no denying this. Just because a few Oromo sheegatos failed the DNA test does not discredit a near millennium of heritage and lineage. Trust me when I say it is absolutely in your best interest as beesha Hawiye in the long run that you deny this kumbaya fantasy of one Somali.

:pachah1:

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Wasn't Mogadishu part of the Omani empire??

Omani-Empire-1856-Map.png

Kulahaa mythical connections :camby:

Dumb low self-esteem mutt. First of all the Omanis took control of Mogadishu around the 1870s and by the 1890's the Italians took over, Furthermore their rule didn't extend past Mogadishu.

Stop trying to connect us with these filthy Arabs, we don't want them, if your one of them, I suggest you go move to Arabia

TheLibertarianQuiche

First of all the Omanis took control of Mogadishu around the 1870s and by the 1890's the Italians took over, Furthermore their rule didn't extend past Mogadishu.

Look I'm not going to argue 2 centuries of Somali history with you.

Arabs see us Arabs and I see myself as an African with some Arab descent. I'm not saying I'm Cushtic but I am saying that there are historical, cultural, religious, linguistic, cuisine and architectural links. Any other two people with this type of links would be considered related.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9
Look I'm not going to argue 2 centuries of Somali history with you.

Arabs see us Arabs and I see myself as an African with some Arab descent. I'm not saying I'm Cushtic but I am saying that there are historical, cultural, religious, linguistic, cuisine and architectural links. Any other two people with this type of links would be considered related.
[/QUOTE]
:wtfdis:

What link?

Historical - Other then a bit of trade, there was no large historical links. We never shared kingdoms, we never had mass migrations
Religious- Yes, we share with the Arabs Islam
Linguistically- Somali is a Cushitic language while Arabic is a Semitic language. Only in recent time was their a language influx of Arabic words in Somali.
Cuisine - :what: what cuisine do we share with these so called Arabs? Hilib and Bariis kkkk....I think we properly share more with Italians when it comes to cuisine.

Architecture - Islamic Architecture is large and diverse.

TheLibertarianQuiche

:wtfdis:

What link?

Historical - Other then a bit of trade, there was no large historical links. We never shared kingdoms, we never had mass migrations
Religious- Yes, we share with the Arabs Islam
Linguistically- Somali is a Cushitic language while Arabic is a Semitic language. Only in recent time was their a language influx of Arabic words in Somali.
Cuisine - :what: what cuisine do we share with these so called Arabs? Hilib and Bariis kkkk....I think we properly share more with Italians when it comes to cuisine.

Architecture - Islamic Architecture is large and diverse.

Historical: Prophet Muhammad sent some of his followers to the Horn of Africa. Many of them travelled to and from Saudi Arabia with trade.
The Horn of Africa region colonised Yemen and they tried to conquer Mecca in the year Muhammad was born.

The birth of Islam on the opposite side of Somalia's Red Sea coast meant that Somali merchants, sailors and expatriates living in the Arabian Peninsula gradually came under the influence of the new religion through their converted Arab Muslim trading partners. With the migration of fleeing Muslim families from the Islamic world to Somalia in the early centuries of Islam, and the peaceful conversion of the Somali population by Somali Muslim scholars in the following centuries, the ancient city-states eventually transformed into Islamic Mogadishu, Berbera, Zeila, Barawa and Merca, which were part of the Berberi civilization. The city of Mogadishu came to be known as the City of Islam,[48] and controlled the East African gold trade for several centuries.

If you want more read books by Lewis and Sir Richard Burton that highlight Arabs in Somali pre-colonisation.

Linguistic: Somali shares tons of loan-words with Arabic: Al-bab, Kursi, Thalajat, Ananas etc.

Cuisine: I'm starting to think you have never visited Yemen or Oman:
Anjeelo, Sabayaad, Xalwo (Although not reddish), Malawax, Rooti Soomaali, Suugo. Also Baaris which they also have with Suugo iyo Maraq using Xawaji. There are others but the only major differences are they don't have Baasto, Lasagne, Soor and Moos in their meals.

Architecture: Tell me which one is Puntland, which one is in Oman and which one is in Zanzibar.

tumblr_mfaqq9xtj71qill6po5_500.jpg

tumblr_mfaqq9xtj71qill6po3_1280.jpg

tumblr_me9eod9aSb1qill6po3_1280.jpg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Just pay up or shut the f*ck up lmao

I have already answered. I already know my ancestry, my father is Somali and my mother is Yemeni thats all I need to know.
If I need to go further than that then I know I have at least 1 Arab ancestor on my Somali side and the rest are Cushtic.

TheLibertarianQuiche

Thats the fakest historical map i've ever seen lmao. Oman only conquered Swahili bantu lands. Start reading verified and reliable history records instead of relying on a fake map made by some delusional omani.

:ufdup:

The Geledi Sultunate was under Omani supervision, it was like neo-colonialism. We were under the Sultunate of Zanzibar for a period of time in all but name. If you do not believe just say so and I will bring proof.

My mother is Yemeni and she has Somali roots through marriage etc.

I met many Omani's and Yemenis. They have similar skin colour to us and similar traditions. Omani's I met consider themselves as Somali because of our close proximity and shared history, culture, religion, language, skin colour and architecture.

The Geledi Sultunate was under Omani supervision, it was like neo-colonialism. We were under the Sultunate of Zanzibar for a period of time in all but name. If you do not believe just say so and I will bring proof.

My mother is Yemeni and she has Somali roots through marriage etc.

I met many Omani's and Yemenis. They have similar skin colour to us and similar traditions. Omani's I met consider themselves as Somali because of our close proximity and shared history, culture, religion, language, skin colour and architecture.
Warya stop beging to these carabs. We were never under omani rule or their "supervision".

:camby:

Last edited:
Parts of Somalia were under Axum.
aksum_empire_map.jpg

EDIT: Axum was nearly 2000 years ago, therefore it is hard to find the exact borders and there is arguement over how much of Somalia or if any was under their control.

This is pushing it.
At most the kingdom covered most of Eritrea and northern Ethiopia and only colonised parts of Yemen and SA for a 100 years or so. Nothing as much as most people exaggerate it.

Most of our interactions came from the the Kingdom of D'mot and Yemens Saba. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dʿmt
This is when all the languages in the area started arising and the script.

Status
Not open for further replies.