2021 uk census

How is it an emotional decision?
The issues in our community require support from the government whether that's education, employment and etc. How is hiding away our stats ever a bad thing?
Are scared of the media who would use such stats to bash somalis? :heh:
Have some backbone. We're one of the oldest ethnic minority groups and it's about time we are represented in the census.
I don't want white nationalist having the Somali equivalent of "13% cause 50% of crimes":damn:

How would you lose out on such things if our stats are likely to be worse than blacks. If anything there will be a greater push for somalis to get funding and support :dead:
No they wouldn't because you have to put in work to secure these things. You really think Somali's would do that ? Look at how many Somali kids go to Oxford or Cambridge, or how many get internships at top firms every year because of black schemes. You're more likely to be discriminated in a box of your own than as a wider group.

Reborn
No they wouldn't because you have to put in work to secure these things. You really think Somali's would do that ? Look at how many Somali kids go to Oxford or Cambridge, or how many get internships at top firms every year because of black schemes. You're more likely to be discriminated in a box of your own than as a wider group.

This is solely the UK census in which the ethnicity box is placed.As for those "black" schemes there aren't that many but rather they are BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic), low income, and first uni generation schemes which every single somali can apply to regardless of this. In fact you would face positive discrimination if we have our own box as our statistics will be amongst the lowest in the UK :comeon:.

The thing is our reputation is not exactly the best. The statistics might not show crime levels but they might show employment, welfare etc. I would not like my people to be on the frontpage of the Sun newspaper. In the uk majority of people don’t know about somalis. Highlighting our issues in the open might fire back on us. It might more anti-somali sentiments which might negatively effect us. Its best to be precausios

How is it an emotional decision?
The issues in our community require support from the central, local governments, and charities whether that's on education, employment, housing and etc. How is hiding away our statistics ever a bad thing?
Are you scared of the media who would use such stats to bash somalis? :heh:
Have some backbone. We're one of the oldest ethnic minority groups in the country and it's about time we are represented in the census.

The uk is no America. We get welfare, free schools etc. We got everything we need to succeed. The media will definitely use the statisctics to highlight our issues and what good will that cause?? Nothing. Trusting cadaan people to be kind for us is dumb. They will not be. They have been enough.

This won't be a good thing. The people who lobby for this are Somali organisations who want more money from the government.

Statisctics can be easily used wrongly. To me, this decision to have a separate box is due to emotion, not logic. We know the issues in our community. This will not help us solve them. Instead the media will use the statistic for their agenda and this will not be good for somalis.

The lack of data of Somalis in the UK is a major issue because unless we know exactly how good/bad we perform in every sector and focus on schemes to improve our standing then things will stay the same. This was already highlighted in the census report and is definitely need. Besides our reputation couldn't be any worse. We need the data and to put our egos to one side and think about the greater good.

South Asians milk the census and get grants, funding and are the biggest beneficiaries of affirmative action in the UK. Most BAME funding goes to them, top university places and white collar jobs. In some cases they also get paid more than their black peers for the same jobs.

If we have our own box then we can lobby for the same benefits and progress as a result. The Sun and far-right groups drag their name through the mud too and I can assure you they're not interested in having themselves removed as a separate ethnic group despite that.

Reborn
The thing is our reputation is not exactly the best. The statistics might not show crime levels but they might show employment, welfare etc. I would not like my people to be on the frontpage of the Sun newspaper. In the uk majority of people don’t know about somalis. Highlighting our issues in the open might fire back on us. It might more anti-somali sentiments which might negatively effect us. Its best to be precausios

All I hear coming from you is insecurity.
You shouldn't hold the thoughts of others to such a high level that cripples yourself :pachah1:
Let them make such claims at least they are using statistics :banderas:
You do realize those who would hold anti-somali sentiments will be from the far-right cadaans which most of them are in a worse or same position as us. Only 18% of white kids who get free school meals got a strong GCSE pass whereas for blacks it's 28% :trumpsmirk:

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
1614703679378.png

Culturally it’s good to have your own box no matter how bad the statistics are. Cape Verdeans in Boston Massachusetts have there own box in there census since they are the oldest African immigrant group in America. (Non slaves)

All I hear coming from you is insecurity.
You shouldn't hold the thoughts of others to such a high level that cripples yourself :pachah1:
Let them make such claims at least they are using statistics :banderas:
You do realize those who would hold anti-somali sentiments will be from the far-right cadaans which most of them are in a worse or same position as us. Only 18% of white kids who get free school meals got a strong GCSE pass whereas for blacks it's 28% :trumpsmirk:

War niyow is qabooxi. You do not even think of the possibility of this going bad. No critical thinking. No weighting of cons and pros. Just hoping for the best. These cadaans elected for brexit wishing for the deportations of immigrants. You are a guest in their country. You are blind.

View attachment 173278
Only the Roma people got a category . Maybe in 2031 😂 will we get one

ofcourse it was denied there’s literally no reason for a separate box. What makes us entirely different to other African ethnicities? (Suppressing our minorities doesn’t mean we’re a homogenous country) however I would be open to them collecting data on Somalis as a community, it would hurt and help us at the same time, I feel like a lot of people in our community live in denial. Sometimes starting at rock bottom isn’t a bad thing for the long run. The community needs to know how bad or how good we’re doing economically.

Trending