2017 - Puntland High Crime Rates. 700 Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somebody needs to do data gathering why we have like 700 homicides each year in PL official borders? Sool-Sanag-Bari-Nugal-Mudug when you add up the death toll. It's roughly 700 and the majority is in BARI.with 436 crime related homicides. Even Mudug does far better with Sacad accounted into it with 185 homicides. Government around the world look to bring their statistics down to 0 homicides, you never see anyone in the PL government focusing on crime related matters. What is the cause of it? Is it weapons?

I think it is the ease of access to weapons to anyone. I remember my father saying when he went there, his own cousin said I will give you a gun to protect yourself and my father is old school and said no thanks, I am fine. This is one of the reason why people from past are not returning, this nomadic culture of gun ownership needs to end. If you get upset in PL, you just go get a gun and shoot someone. I mean there was a report yesterday someone shot dead someone in Bosaso for making a 'joke' about him.

The interesting thing is most of the casualties are happening in tuulos which proves the un-ease of carrying a gun need to extend to tuulos also.
14ifkt0.jpg

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
How can 700 people be killed each year in your government? the sole purpose of a govt is reduce homicides. Each govt that is elected says he will do something about security but the statistics never change, they increase by year.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I am yet to see one government in puntland that has a prevention strategy to lessen our death toll. For example in western government they measure the drop in crime rate year by year and work out what policies worked to cause it too drop, you never see this in puntland. Every government policy is the same 'markay shaqaaqo yar dhacdo' bay soo wada cararan oo odayaal uu diiran, that's not prevention policy that is called a 'response plan'it's too late then. You need a policy to ensure it doesn't happen in the first place and what needs to be done for that. They say 'aano qabiil' waa iska caadi, no it's not. They need to get to the bottom of it for once.

You need a prevention plan and collect data on what is common between these tuulos with high gun related crimes rates and tackle it region by region. Bari is the place that needs the biggest help in this area not even mudug which is half bari death toll.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Adiga oo dhulka joggo oo weli 'qori' uu bahan abahay ayaa yaabay oo yiri how can u be in own land and still need guns to protect you. It's shocking stuff. It's true waxay muujinaysa inaad dhulka lahayn oo qof kale kula lee yahay dhulka oo cabsi darteed ayaad qori uu sitada, waa ceeb waxayna muujinaysa langaabnimadada. U should be able to walk without a gun in your land and not feel threatened by anyone.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I would start a tartan between the degmoyin, the degmo who has the safest record will recieve investment priority. Peace must be rewarded. I would class galkayo-garowe-bosaso as primary cities. Secondary cities as qardho-badhan-burtinle-Buhodle. Then third another round for villages. It needs to be a constant policy that isn't changed between government but shared policy. No excuses or cries from anyone. Waxaa laysku adeegsanaya data and statistics on each area.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
This is serious stop taking swipes you duli. This needs rectifying by the government or why is it a government if 700 people are perishing every year due to gun violence. What is this place the ghetto. 2 people are killed daily thru gun violence every day in Puntland. That is horrific statistics

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The issue with our crime rate is the ease of access to weapons. Puntland is like the soviet union, it's awashed with weapons everywhere in the private market and also in clan hands and the government has weapons. I don't disagree we keep our weapons, I do not trust the government enough to ask my own clan to surrender their weapons because it's still not strong institutionally for us to do so. I mean look at America they have strong institutions and still keep their guns just in-case the govt becomes a nacas. Somali governments usually kill you or treat u bad if they know your un-armed. So it's a good idea we keep the weapons.

But something needs to be done about who can access the weapon. It is the young people who are doing this killing. There has been 700 killings, where is the court system and why aren't people being jailed for it is another question. The main reason people trust their gun is because the government has failed to provide security or it's incompetent and not trusted by people and they turn to protecting themselves.

Lordilord

❤Somaliland❤
I agree with you that there is a big issue not only in Puntland but all over but you are skewing PL statistics and this for the worse. You cannot add Sool and Sanaag into your mix because of a few reasons.

Like in Sanaag there is a lot of killings in El Afweyn and most likely in Erigavo too and these are 100% Somaliland area although I will say Eastern Sanaag deaths can be added to PL statistics.

Same with Sool because the killings happen in SL dhulbahante territories where SL even have armies stationed etc.

What can PL do to prevent this?
Gun laws and other weapon control reforms and most importantly the enforcement of these reforms. This wouldn't remove all the weapons already in circulation but is more of a preventative measures and the statistics would go down yearly. I believe PL can do it.

I agree with you that there is a big issue not only in Puntland but all over but you are skewing PL statistics and this for the worse. You cannot add Sool and Sanaag into your mix because of a few reasons.

Like in Sanaag there is a lot of killings in El Afweyn and most likely in Erigavo too and these are 100% Somaliland area although I will say Eastern Sanaag deaths can be added to PL statistics.

Same with Sool because the killings happen in SL dhulbahante territories where SL even have armies stationed etc.

What can PL do to prevent this?
Gun laws and other weapon control reforms and most importantly the enforcement of these reforms.
This wouldn't remove all the weapons already in circulation but is more of a preventative measures and the statistics would go down yearly. I believe PL can do it.
We shouldn't remove guns because they're still gonna get them illegally and law abiding citizens can't defend them selves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending