(1978) Mohamed Siad Barre said Somalia was grateful to be colonized by Italy

Invader

👾pʅɹoʍ pǝʇɐʅǝxᴉd ɐ uᴉ ƃuᴉʌᴉʅ👾
british somaliland wasn't really "country" but more of collection of tribal enclaves/kingdoms that decided to be under british rule some goes for it italia somalia.

did a sl goverment oficial ever claim """ethiopian teritory"""?

i don't know what majority in sool want but the one thing i have to say is there leadership are the easy to bribe and have no backbone.
The border with Ethiopia wasn’t disputed with Somaliland. The only dispute was when it was still part of the union in Somalia.

wallah, im surprised to be honest. You have Somalis defending that shaydan who is the reason why farax and xalimo cant live peacefully and safely today in xamar. in addition, he is the reason why a lot of Somalis are living in the west. This guy literally destroyed a whole country. Yet, people still to this very day defend him...…. wallah that's a bakhty to the next level wallah

ANY somali who defend this shaydan ... deenta so bahtay

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
wallah, im surprised to be honest. You have Somalis defending that shaydan who is the reason why farax and xalimo cant live peacefully and safely today in xamar. in addition, he is the reason why a lot of Somalis are living in the west. This guy literally destroyed a whole country. Yet, people still to this very day defend him...…. wallah that's a bakhty to the next level wallah

ANY somali who defend this shaydan ... deenta so bahtay
siad barre evil deed may have caused civil war but who continued the civil war?
who fought in the neighborhoods of xamar over clan supremacy?
who brought ethiopia to kill 20,000 people in mogadishu?
who killed harti
intellectual
in kismayo?
blame idiots like abdullahi yusuf, aideed and omar jess who failed to make an united goverment for the creation of a generation of kacaan revivalist.

Last edited:
siad barre evil deed may have caused civil war but who continued the civil war?
who fought in the neighborhoods of xamar over clan supremacy?
who brought ethiopia to kill 20,000 people in mogadishu?
who killed harti
intellectual
in kismayo?
blame idoits like abdullahi yusuf, aideed and omar jess who failed to make an united goverment for the creation of a generation of kacaan revivalist.

Its the precise reason why SL succeeded because of the clan rivary between darods and hawiyes along with inter clan fighting in xamar. people in the former NW gave konfurta 6 months to establish peace and government. but, they didn't.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Its the precise reason why SL succeeded because of the clan rivary between darods and hawiyes along with inter clan fighting in xamar. people in the former NW gave konfurta 6 months to establish peace and government. but, they didn't.
my point was the rebels removed siad barre yet could't even create a state nor establish a peace or even keep the country united.
thanks to the rebels were constantly rewinding back to 1969 and repeating the same talking points
about how we ''could've should've would've'' and how we ''didn't, didn't and didn't''.
i sick and tired, why can't we move forward as race? im not even talking about unification im mean talking about moving away from kacaan era bullshit.

You have many somali nationalists that would do many mental gymnastic just to defend that shuggachan and highlight the good that he did I.e opening hospitals and institutions, and not taking into account that his achievements are nothing because the bad certainly out weighed the good greatly.
You speak Japanese? :drakelaugh:
On a more serious note, he did both good and bad you can't have onw without the other :mjdontkno:

But you need to also hold the warlords accountable like AY, Caydiid, SNM etc. They all destroyed Somalia along with the government actions. I also doubt Somalia would be functioning even if he stepped down because one of these warlord tuugs would take over. The civil war was inevitable and building up since the 80's. Too bad no one was thinking ahead :tocry:

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
You speak Japanese? :drakelaugh:
On a more serious note, he did both good and bad you can't have onw without the other :mjdontkno:

But you need to also hold the warlords accountable like AY, Caydiid, SNM etc. They all destroyed Somalia along with the government actions. I also doubt Somalia would be functioning even if he stepped down because one of these warlord tuugs would take over. The civil war was inevitable and building up since the 80's. Too bad no one was thinking ahead :tocry:
reminder that aideed litterally wouldn't accept the fact someone but him could be president of somalia.

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Source? Did the number of Bantus decrease significantly?
https://www.britannica.com/place/Somalia/The-great-Somali-migrations
download.gif

reminder that aideed litterally wouldn't accept the fact someone but him could be president of somalia.
Aideed was an ego maniac so I am not surprised. Somalia would be in an even bigger mess if he took over.

Bantu's never lived in Somalia until they were brought there 200 or so years ago. They were some "Madow" clans there but never Bantu's and Oromo's are not native to JL either. Somali's like Garre lived there before Daroods started moving in and the Cushite groups like Azanians before that

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
Aideed was an ego maniac so I am not surprised. Somalia would be in an even bigger mess if he took over.

Bantu's never lived in Somalia until they were brought there 200 or so years ago. They were some "Madow" clans there but never Bantu's and Oromo's are not native to JL either. Somali's like Garre lived there before Daroods started moving in and the Cushite groups like Azanians before that
what about nfd?

Idow

The revolution shall come comrades.
The same man who made Michael Mariano a minister and let Catholics operate a church in Mogadishu. He even prayed to Jesus once. This is the least surprising news all day.
:mjlaugh:
What is your qabil

tyrannicalmanager

pseudo-intellectual
we might have wiped out unknown cushtic race?
sound even more insane:browtf:
anyways i should probably learn more about somali history rather than reading what happened between 1969 to 1991
Not sure but someone must have lived there.
The Azanians got wiped out by Bantu's and Nilotes. Until 10th century, they lived in Southern Somalia and the Swahili coast but Bantu's assimilated some and killed the others. I think some Somali's also are descendants of them at least partly.

Not sure but someone must have lived there.
The Azanians got wiped out by Bantu's and Nilotes. Until 10th century, they lived in Southern Somalia and the Swahili coast but Bantu's assimilated some and killed the others. I think some Somali's also are descendants of them at least partly.
Just looked them up. They were an affluent society...it seems they were Cushites...? Shame Bantus karbashed them. I ownder how they looked like. Were they Somalis or summ?

shum33

Somaliland supremacy
The Italians are probably a big reason why Somalia exists in the shape it does today. They helped keep the expansionist Ethiopians at bay for decades. If it were not for the Italians, Galkacyo, Beledweyne and many other towns near the border would today be under Ethiopian control. We in southern Somalia owe Italy a huge debt of gratitude.
Bullshit!!! Ethiopians never even ruled galbeed!!,the land was given to them by the british to spite italians and stop italy from trying to expand to ethiopia which they were trying to do,british helped ethiopia legitimise its claim internationally

Bullshit!!! Ethiopians never even ruled galbeed!!,the land was given to them by the british to spite italians and stop italy from trying to expand to ethiopia which they were trying to do,british helped ethiopia legitimise its claim internationally
They did. After Menelik II crushed the Italian invasion at the Battle of Adwa in 1896 he conquered Ogaden and added it to his realm. Since then it was part of the Ethio empire except during the Italian Italian occupation from 1935-1941. After WW2 the British were gonna give Ogaden to Somalia to realise greater Somalia but Haile Selassie persuaded the USA to oppose Britain using their diplomatic support. Ogaden has always been a confederation of nomadic tribes though, nobody really ruled them.

Trending

Latest posts