VIP
IMG_20230429_074948.jpg
IMG_20230429_074950.jpg
IMG_20230429_081549.jpg
IMG_20230429_074943.jpg

@Garaad diinle @Hamzza @convincation @bidenkulaha @Prince of HS

Last edited:

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
Great find i hope the find more things off the coast. This should signal to archaeologicalist that Somalia is brimming with Archaelogical find that they just wash up on the coast.

Garaad diinle

๎€š๎€ž๎€ข๎€œ๎€  ๎€ ๎€Ÿ๎€ก๎€๎€›
Yaah!!!
kPqt4LD.gif

Wow what a catch truly an amazing find. It makes sense that it was found on the coast of galmudug, i remember reading about an omani ship in the 19th century that was also shipwrecked on the same coast. I also remember reading that historians don't have an actual example of how a portuguese caravel ship from the 15th-16th century looked like other than drawings and replicas but no original ship. Now somalia might be the only place on earth where you'd find the only example of a portuguese caravel ship from that period something unique to us.

I'd assume that there were a costal community on that spot that portuguese tried to shoot so they had to come closer to the coast because of the short range of their cannons which lead to a shipwreck. Another theory might be that they where looking for a harbour or wanted to land on the coast and therefore got shipwrecked. For all we know this place or perhaps other places on the same coast might have other ships dating back to antiquity or the time of periplus or even older than that. Anyhow i'm happy to see this and it's big news for somalia.

I remember watching the Kings and Generals video on the Ethio-Awdal war, and in the video it was mentioned that the Portuguese helped in manufacturing Ethiopian made Muskets & canons during that war.

Not sure what source they used for this information, but I wonder if there's remnants of indigenously produced gunpowder weapons/cannons in the region.

In the video it's mentioned from 15:10 to 15:30

Trending