13 Somali-British Nationals, 6 women and 7 men have won councillor seats in London, UK.

Unless they were born in UK and have solid foundation in that country, it is not good for Somalis to participate in UK or any of the Western countries' politics. That is because those of us who were born back home are hyperactive and lack an understanding in the inner workings of western societies.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Unless they were born in UK and have solid foundation in that country, it is not good for Somalis to participate in UK or any of the Western countries' politics. That is because those of us who were born back home are hyperactive and lack an understanding in the inner workings of western societies.

I think u r speaking/writing/typing nonsense.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Like Jane Austen once wrote:

Are the Shades of My England thus Polluted!

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Why? Can you give examples?

You are projecting your inadequacies on others. Just because u were born outside Uk, does not mean u don't or u wont know the inner workings of Politics. Your point lacked merit and hiliib. Now, if u said-- Somali born politicians are inherently ratchet, corrupt and self serving as the rest of the Disgusting African specie- no one will disagree with u hon

Last edited:
You are projecting your inadequacies on others. Just because u were born outside Uk, does not meat u don't or u wont know the inner workings of Politics. Your point lacked merit and hiliib. Now, if u said-- Somali born politicians are inherently ratchet, corrupt and self serving as the rest of the African specie- no one will disagree with u hon

I live in the US, and looking at the Somalis who run for office and the bad publicity they generate, I would say I'm justified to make that statement.

Every time they cause a controversy, the Somali name is mentioned, to the point where their opponents drag the Somali community and Somalia into the mud. There are many jobs available in the West that pays the same amount of money or more, so not sure why people pursue jobs that generate controversy.

There is an Eritrean Congressman, Joseph D. Neguse, in the US Congress who was elected from Colorado. He never causes controversy and nobody attacks his country of origin when he is in taking political positions. Not sure why we (Somalis) don't behave the same.

Nevertheless, I give a pass to the kids who were born and raised in the West.

I live in the US, and looking at the Somalis who run for office and the bad publicity they generate, I would say I'm justified to make that statement.

Every time they cause a controversy, the Somali name is mentioned, to the point where their opponents drag the Somali community and Somalia into the mud. There are many jobs available in the West that pays the same amount of money or more, so not sure why people pursue jobs that generate controversy.

There is an Eritrean Congressman, Joseph D. Neguse, in the US Congress who was elected from Colorado. He never causes controversy and nobody attacks his country of origin when he is in taking political positions. Not sure why we (Somalis) don't behave the same.

Because the dudes name is Joseph he’s a Christian and he doesn’t wear a hijab. He is seen as a black American guy and that’s it. Somalis are gonna bring attention about them regardless because of our identity that’s just the reality.

Last edited:

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP

But this point is different from your original point of them Not knowing the inner works of Politics.

But i see your point, and agree,

Only ilhan omar gets dragged bc she’s a sjw. And she’s much more famous than the man you named . Many more are getting and have been involved in politics and will continue to do so .

Because the dudes name is Joseph he’s a Christian and he doesn’t wear a hijab. Hell he seen as a black American guy and that’s it. Somalis are gonna bring attention about them regardless because of our identity that’s just the reality.

There is a Muslim congressman André D. Carson from Indiana. There is a Rashid Tlaib, a Palestinian, from Michigan. Nobody attacks their communities or their countries of origin. That is because they're balanced in their public comments and in social media. Folks, it is all about how you carry yourself out. Let us face it, we're truly hyperactive people and we don't really care about how much our name is tainted.

Wearing a hijab or skin color isn't an excuse. We need to act and behave like anyone else. Taking unnecessary risks and getting ourselves in endless controversies really damage our images and make us pariah in these societies. We need to be realistic and carry ourselves in a good conduct.

But this point is different from your original point of them Not knowing the inner works of Politics.

But i see your point, and agree,

That is the position that I was trying to convey. Inner workings, I meant to say we need to understand how these societies function. We should understand that no matter where you're, you're an ambassador for the Somalis. Therefore, the good name that each one of us leaves behind helps our image, and bad image affects our image as well. carrying ourselves in a good conduct is what is gonna help us out.

Basra

Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
That is the position that I was trying to convey. Inner workings, I meant to say we need to understand how these societies function. We should understand that no matter where you're, you're an ambassador for the Somalis. Therefore, the good name that each one of us leaves behind helps our image, and bad image affects our image as well. carrying ourselves in a good conduct is what is gonna help us out.

1651879142363.png

Only ilhan omar gets dragged bc she’s a sjw. And she’s much more famous than the man you named . Many more are getting and have been involved in politics and will continue to do so .

I could careless about how much fame they achieve. I just care about how our name is dragged to the mud because of these people. Nobody attacks the Palestinians due to the actions of Rashia Tlaib. That is because she carries herself with a class.

Nobody attacks André D. Carson, a Muslim brother who was elected from Indiana. The Somalis who want to pursue public offices need to carry themselves with dignity and understand the battles that they're getting into.

I could careless about how much fame they achieve. I just care about how our name is dragged to the mud because of these people. Nobody attacks the Palestinians due to the actions of Rashia Tlaib. That is because she carries herself with a class.

Nobody attacks André D. Carson, a Muslim brother who was elected from Indiana. The Somalis who want to pursue public offices need to carry themselves with dignity and understand the battles that they're getting into.
I agree but it’s literally only one woman who gets attacked for how she acts I would include AOC as well. In fact it’s only leftist black women who get attacked en mass on social media .

I agree but it’s literally only one woman who gets attacked for how she acts I would include AOC as well. In fact it’s only leftist black women who get attacked en mass on social media .

Hey sis, look at the Somalis who are running against her. They're far worse. They can't even stay clear from right-wing media. My point was geared towards Somalis in general.

Hey sis, look at the Somalis who are running against her. They're far worse. They can't even stay clear from right-wing media. My point was geared towards Somalis in general.
Yes all should conduct themselves in a respectable manner I don’t support anyone who isn’t . I even made a thread about those running against her.