100 years of beauty - Somalia

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Why are these historical accounts always of the perspective of the reer baadiyo people.:dwill:

Like showing Australian history through Aborgines:jaynerd:

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
Just watched it a couple hours ago it was a really good video.

But, the 2019 Xalimo triggered me hard even know it's true. 6 kg of makeup in every Instagram post man I can't even escape them on YouTube.:damn:

Abdi's also made a huge downgrade in the 21st century. The 1980's Abdi looked the best. Now, we look like either hood rats or soy boys.:mjcry:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Damn the 20's and 30's looked good. I really Halimos like this!
The 2019 is an instagram model, nothing "somali". Thanks to Globalism!
Anyway, i'm inspiring to be at least the 70's Somali man. Classy.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist

Nice video.

What a lovely video. I was a tad bit afraid that this video would end up demonizing the rise of Islamic cultural norms, as so many of these "100 years of ____" videos that go over the fashion history in Islamic countries often do (just look up the one the YouTube channel 'Cut' did for Iran and you'll know what I'm talking about---they added sad music and everything after the 1979 Islamic revolution). This video, while I felt could've had a bit more diverse clothing options in the early 1900s (and also the fact that they left out the freaking afro, which was definitely the most well-known staple trend of '70s Somalia) was still definitely beautiful and awesome to watch. Props to the creators :it0tdo8:

Nah, some of us were Sultans, traders, and
navy men who visited far away lands in Persia and India:mjpls:

Instead all that is reduced to hillbilly 1 and hillbilly 2:gucciwhat:
Hillbillies? :westbrookwtf:

You're going to put some respeck on the realest Somalis i.e. the nomads name.

What a lovely video. I was a tad bit afraid that this video would end up demonizing the rise of Islamic cultural norms, as so many of these "100 years of ____" videos that go over the fashion history in Islamic countries often do; just look up the one the YouTube channel 'Cut' did for Iran and you'll know what I'm talking about--they added sad music and everything after the 1979 Islamic revolution. This video, while I felt could've had a bit more diverse clothing options in the early 1900s (and also the fact that they left out the freaking afro, which was definitely the most ostensible trend of '70s Somalia) was still definitely beautiful and lit.
Loooool those videos are funny if you look at the comments niggas act like the women were enslaved or something. 'My heart broke when they made her wear the hijab' gtfo man

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
Have you seen the Somaliland one, Done last year in partnership with Hargeisa Cultural Central (HCC)

Lol, really liked this video except they basically glossed over the civil war which definitely altered Somali culture and as a result Somali fashions. Also, kind of felt the 2010s weren't that really accurate but overrall it's not as bad of a video as it could've been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts