10 richest Ethiopians of 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

waraabe

Your superior
10 Richest Ethiopians in 2013

Mohammed Al Amoudi – Controls gold mines and massive tracts of fertile lands that were handed to him by Meles Zenawi, after their owners were kicked out and displaced. Estimated net worth: $10 billion.

Azeb Mesfin – Widow of the late dictator Meles Zenawi, commonly known as the “mother of corruption,” has ownership interests in many of the biggest companies in Ethiopia. Estimated net worth: $4 billion.

Berhane Gebrekiristos – The closest and most trust friend of Meles and Azeb; launders their loot out of the country. Estimated net worth: $2 billion.

Sebhat Nega – His fortune has been declining after he was kicked out of the TPLF politburo and the Endowment Fund for the Relief of Tigray (EFFORT) by Meles and Azeb; he is currently rebounding. Estimated net worth $2 billion.

Seyoum Mesfin – Current Ethiopian ambassador to China, former foreign affairs minister, used his chairmanship of Ethiopian Airlines and diplomatic status to smuggle illegal drugs between Africa and Asia; he is perhaps the biggest drug trader in Africa. Estimated net worth: $1.8 billion.

Samuel Tafesse – One of Azeb Mesfin’s business partners; their relationship has gone sour over the past couple of years, negatively affecting his construction business. Estimated net worth: $1.6 billion.

Abay Teshay – A senior member of the ruling party, has blind partnerships with many of the big companies in Ethiopia. Net worth: $1.5 billion

Omer Ali Shifaw – Owner of Nejat International, whose wealth has been declining after TPLF started to compete with his coffee exporting business. Estimated net worth: $500 million

Eyob Mamo – CEO and Chairman of Capitol Petroleum Group, Washington DC. Estimated worth: $500 million.

Suhura Ismail Khan – She has become the biggest khat trader in East Africa by establishing partnerships with TPLF officials and forging a close friendship with the late dictator Meles Zenawi. The TPLF-occupied Ethiopian embassies around the world are her main khat export routes to the Diaspora. Estimated net worth: $200 million.

The only Somali that joins that list is that Isaaq khat tycoon (ina Afdile and wife Sahura).

@merka @Xayd @Realwarya @iNutEasily

Isaaq is the natural upper class. How can we be in the top richest in a foreign country with a population of 90m people

It's not classy to flaunt our wealth in front of the less fortunate sxb. :denzelnigga:

Mohammed Al Amoudi is a bad ass though. Richest black person in the world. :obama:

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
Bro, I'm planning to start a trucking business once the berbera corridor gets completed. Expect more Isaaq tycoons in the near future, we will leave our mark in the continent. :salute:My friend recently started small fishing company to supply ethiopian market, was on the phone with him few weeks back and he's already makin' money. I'll see how it runs in few months and might invest:win:

waraabe

Your superior
Bro, I'm planning to start a trucking business once the berbera corridor gets completed. Expect more Isaaq tycoons in the near future, we will leave our mark in the continent. :salute:My friend recently started small fishing company to supply ethiopian market, was on the phone with him few weeks back and he's already makin' money. I'll see how it runs in few months and might invest:win:

your friend is smart. The trucking company sounds very good. The Berbera - Ethiopia corridor is going to be something else. We should expand to the rest of Africa, it is the next economic powerhouse

waraabe

Your superior
It's not classy to flaunt our wealth in front of the less fortunate sxb. :denzelnigga:

Mohammed Al Amoudi is a bad ass though. Richest black person in the world. :obama:

No wonder some people have a chip on their shoulder.

We shall flaunt it , can't wait to see hargeisa full of mercs and ranges

Hemaal

Jet life till my next life
VIP
your friend is smart. The trucking company sounds very good. The Berbera - Ethiopia corridor is going to be something else. We should expand to the rest of Africa, it is the next economic powerhouse

He has storage facilities in Jigjiga, Dire Dawa and Addis Ababa. The idea is amazing, I will chip in when he becomes fully established :dzmxmmb:

Nigerian Muslim Aliko Dangote is the richest black person. Wealth estimated between 12 - 25 billion.

He is Yemen Saudi businessman who took the Ethiopian citizenship during the gulf war in 90s ( because government of Yemen stood beside Iraq and government of Saudi stripped the citizenship from Yemen businessmen who supported Yemen / Iraq regime)
Plus this is Somali forum not Ethiopian forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending